lawyers are stupid...errrr people too.

Options
molsongirl
molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
As some of you know, i'm currently going through some court issues lately, this morning we met with the both lawyers and did some disclosures...here's a question the idiots lawyer asked me.

his lawyer: Ms. Lacroix, how long have you been a french canadian?
me: ummm... are you serious?
his lawyer: please answer the question, with an appropriate answer.
me: since I was born....the dicta lady..the one who takes the notes...laughing beyond belief, his lawyer has stupid look on his face when he realizes how truly STUPID his question was, that's like asking an Irish person how long they've been Irish...lol

me:: the man who assaulted me had a beard, was approximately 6'1 and had a lean frame.
his lawyer: so was this person a male or female?
me: you're kidding right?, followed by a really contorted look on my face...i'm totally serious, this happened! I can't beleive this guy is a lawyer
me: definitely a man, no doubt about it.

Replies

• MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    These are the kind of questions they put in those e-mails about stupid lawyers. I thought they were really made-up but apparently not!! I'm sure glad the attorney's I used to work for were smarter than that.

Imagine what the judge will think when he reads the transcript :noway:
  • ktthegr8
    ktthegr8 Posts: 479
    Options
    OMG!!!!:grumble: :grumble:
  • jcarter0525
    jcarter0525 Posts: 84
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    you could have said,
    most of the time when a person has a beard they are male. not always but most of the time. :wink:

LOL! is this his first case or something???
  • molsongirl
    Options
    These are the kind of questions they put in those e-mails about stupid lawyers. I thought they were really made-up but apparently not!! I'm sure glad the attorney's I used to work for were smarter than that.

Imagine what the judge will think when he reads the transcript :noway:

My hubby is a lawyer, and he's done quite a few of these "stupid questions" he told me it's to trip me up, make me slip...I think my hubby said that to cover his a** and that it is what it is,. a stupid question, I understand that sometimes they ask a question before they actually listened to what you say, the example of him asking if it was a man or woman, he didn't look up at me, and was going through paperwork when he realized I had stopped speaking, then he looked up and asked me that...I felt like I was talking to my 3 year old...geeez don't you listen to a word I say!?
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Are you able to talk again or are you whispering all of these answers to the moron?
  • molsongirl
    Options
    you could have said,
    most of the time when a person has a beard they are male. not always but most of the time. :wink:

I dunno, he was really young though and not even remotely good looking..:laugh: at least then I could admire the rosy cheeks! :happy:
    and the beard thing....I have a client that takes a spin class, who has more facial hair then a bearded billy goat...disgusting..***SHIVERS*** BLEKKKK!!!
  • molsongirl
    Options
    Are you able to talk again or are you whispering all of these answers to the moron?

I'm speaking to just above a whisper, but for some reason my voice is very high, I sound almost as though i've inhaled helium...very weird!
  • Pirate
    Pirate Posts: 30
    Options
    You have got to be kidding! That's sad. (About the attorney, not your voice.) :ohwell:
  • heather0mc
    Options
    you could have said,

I dunno, he was really young though and not even remotely good looking..:laugh: at least then I could admire the rosy cheeks! :happy:
    and the beard thing....I have a client that takes a spin class, who has more facial hair then a bearded billy goat...disgusting..***SHIVERS*** BLEKKKK!!!

yea, i was thinking, well maybe he was just a young and cute one...guess not! :indifferent:
    oh dear lord. waxing might be in her future...
  • FalconSays
    FalconSays Posts: 62
    Options
    That's just his way of streeeeetching it out cuz he's charging by the hour.
    "How many stupid questions can I throw out there while simultaniously
    perpetuating the 'stupid lawyer' jokes and inflate my pocketbook in the
    meantime?"
  • molsongirl
    Options
    That's just his way of streeeeetching it out cuz he's charging by the hour.
    "How many stupid questions can I throw out there while simultaniously
    perpetuating the 'stupid lawyer' jokes and inflate my pocketbook in the
    meantime?"

I'm hoping he'll continue this way when we go to trial, it can only benefit me.
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options

I'm speaking to just above a whisper, but for some reason my voice is very high, I sound almost as though i've inhaled helium...very weird!

:frown: At least you're talking again! I hope your voice is restored to "normal" soon! Seriously, though. What a moronic question to ask.
  • molsongirl
    Options

:frown: At least you're talking again! I hope your voice is restored to "normal" soon! Seriously, though. What a moronic question to ask.

Im working with a therapist, there's massage techniques that I use, and really what she's told me is that the quieter I am until I completely heal, the better, so that's the approach I've taken, it's not really painful to speak, it gets hoarse and my throat gets really itchy and then my voice cuts in and out on me, it's more frustrating then anything, the wounds have healed and the stitches are all long gone, now it's just rehab, my throat as well as my hand, i've been compensating with my right hand, trying to avoid using my left, but who'm I kidding, i've gotta smarten up and deal with it, the problem is I have a hard time looking at my hand, it grosses me out.
  • heather0mc
    Options

Im working with a therapist, there's massage techniques that I use, and really what she's told me is that the quieter I am until I completely heal, the better, so that's the approach I've taken, it's not really painful to speak, it gets hoarse and my throat gets really itchy and then my voice cuts in and out on me, it's more frustrating then anything, the wounds have healed and the stitches are all long gone, now it's just rehab, my throat as well as my hand, i've been compensating with my right hand, trying to avoid using my left, but who'm I kidding, i've gotta smarten up and deal with it, the problem is I have a hard time looking at my hand, it grosses me out.

:cry:
    you are so amazing! :flowerforyou:
  • molsongirl
    Options
    :blushing:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options

:cry:
    you are so amazing! :flowerforyou:

Yes I second that. God bless you Molsongirl. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: