What if you aren't hungry for Exercise Cals???

Options
Hi there and Happy New Year!!!! Question?????????????????????????

I work out as much as possible..5-6 days a week. Lost 20# so far with another 20# to go. There are SOME days...not many but some..when I am not hungry for my exercise calories. In that case should you just not eat them???? Or focus on protein????? I know not to just use up 400 calories with chips...so just wondering what is most beneficial for lossing??

Thanks and Yeah the weekend is in site!!!!!!!!

Replies

• UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    I like to keep my calories consistent no matter what, because adjustments are easier to make when you're consistent.
  • hottottie11
    hottottie11 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    ^^ I use this approach as well. I used to eat 1490 calories + exercise calories...but I switched to just eating 1700-1800 a day (exercise or not).
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    It's up to you! Your body will let you know if you need something or not, if you are hungry...eat. If you are really low on net cals for the day you should probably eat something though. I have been so worn out on occasion that food just didn't appeal...that is when you know you HAVE eat something. A bit of low fat chocolate milk (1/2 to 1 cup) usually perks me back up quickly and gets me anticipating the next meal.
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    If you are not hungry, don't eat.

If you are consistently well below your calories (including exercise) you may have a problem. But, if it is an occasional thing where you are not hungry. Go with what your body is telling you.
  • olympicathlete
    Options
    I call myself a fueler, so even when I'm not that interested in food, I eat anyway in anticipation of working out so I don't get lightheaded. Even if you're not hungry, you won't be stuffed either, so you can always fit a little something in. If I fill up before I've eaten all of them back, I just make sure I've hit at least 1100 net (I burn 400-700 calories most days) and then go to bed. I have found that if I don't eat them, I tend to end up ridiculously hungry the day after. I'm always hungry though (although I don't always want to eat), so that has a little to do with the way I do things.