Sexy Yearbook Pic??

Replies

• macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    She is 20 now. These were taken two years ago when she was 18 and a senior in HS.

Not a minor even when the photos were taken.

Nothing wrong with beauty.

Tom
    Nothing wrong with beauty at all, Tom. I once saw a very sexy, beautiful girl at the airport. She was very tan, had her hair in braids, and looked like she had just gotten back from Jamaica. She had on some cute Victoria's Secret sweat pants with "Pink" written across her butt and a matching jacket that showed just a little of her stomach. She was gettting lots of attention from people. She looked to be 8 or 9 years old. So, if her parents are proud of her beauty and sex appeal, they got the affirmation they were needing.
  • macpatti
    Very cute, goose! :smile:

The one I wanted to use wasn't allowed because my hand was visible. :noway:

*imagine cheesy pose with hand and head resting on a tree*

Scandalous, I was! :smokin:

:laugh:
    Mine is so embarrassing! I was very preppy in high school, so I had on a button down Polo with the collar popped and a matching sweater vest over it! I did have on black eyeliner, so I guess I was scandalous with you, Shannon!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Very cute, goose! :smile:

The one I wanted to use wasn't allowed because my hand was visible. :noway:

*imagine cheesy pose with hand and head resting on a tree*

Scandalous, I was! :smokin:

:laugh:
    Mine is so embarrassing! I was very preppy in high school, so I had on a button down Polo with the collar popped and a matching sweater vest over it! I did have on black eyeliner, so I guess I was scandalous with you, Shannon!

My fellow hoochie-mama! five.gif
  • NewMeTomG
    NewMeTomG Posts: 59 Member
    I guess we are all entitled to our opinion. I wasn't looking for affirmation of my daughter's "sex appeal."

It's a picture that reminded me of a '20's movie star shot.

I call it art and the woman photographer is excellent.

In Europe, as our German guest pointed out, a bare midriff would never raise an eyebrow.

However, in America, we like our women covered, I guess.
  • macpatti
    However, in America, we like our women covered, I guess.
    I wouldn't say this is necessarily a true statement. High school seniors should be considered "young ladies" and not "women" who should be photographed for pieces of "art" worthy of Maxim magazine as their high school pic. We're not in Europe. We're not in '20's Hollywood, and I never suggested high school girls should wear burkas.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Nobody is surprised at the giant chest tattoo on a high school girl? I am not against tattoos on adults, but if the child is still in high school, didn't she need an adult to get consent? Who lets their teenager put any tattoos on themselves? I don't get it.

Things that are OK for adults are not always OK for kids.
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Nobody is surprised at the giant chest tattoo on a high school girl? I am not against tattoos on adults, but if the child is still in high school, didn't she need an adult to get consent? Who lets their teenager put any tattoos on themselves? I don't get it.

Think the parent mentioned she was 18 at the time of the photo
  • NewMeTomG
    Like I said before, she was 18 when these were taken and had to wait until she was 18 to get the tattoo.

Besides, it is a beautiful tattoo. Guess not everybody is a fan of ink.

Oh yea, she has a nose ring too. Another taboo?

Whatever. I am proud of her.
  • macpatti
    I noticed the tattoo, and I don't get it, either (and I am not anti-ink for adults).
  • NewMeTomG
    Yup, she was an adult when she got the tattoo.
  • jbosey
    jbosey Posts: 119 Member
    Unfortunately sometimes wisdom does not come with age. Also unfortunately, some parents main goal in life is to be their kids best friend so they do not wish to upset them by saying "no, that would not be appropriate". I cannot imagine a parent wanting unknown males to lust after their 17 -18 year old daughter. There is a very large difference in BEAUTY and SEXY. SEXY has no place in a high school portrait, unless they prefer their daughter win the "Most likely to get pregnant or an STD" award! You do not have to be sensual to be beautiful and if anyone is not teaching their daughter that, it is a mistake.
  • macpatti
    You're proud of her for her looks? I'm sorry, but I can't understand that. I work "dress check" at home coming dances, winter formal, and prom and I can't believe how some parents allow their daughters to dress. Low-cut, backless, halter top, slits up their thighs, or so short they bend over and you can see their thongs. I just don't get how parents can feel proud that their high school child is sexy.
  • krist3ng
    krist3ng Posts: 259 Member
    I think the yearbook-banned photo is cute. Sure she's being 'sexy' but she's not a CHILD. And it's not like anything inappropriate is showing. I knew plenty of girls in high school who were like that; I figure may as well get photographic evidence of your looks before they fade away...
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Like I said before, she was 18 when these were taken and had to wait until she was 18 to get the tattoo.

Besides, it is a beautiful tattoo. Guess not everybody is a fan of ink.

Oh yea, she has a nose ring too. Another taboo?

Of course you're proud of her....I never hinted otherwise.

I waited until I was 18 to get my tattoo too. 18 year and 1 week, to be exact. It was a wildly stupid choice. I wish the tattoo age was 21.

A nose ring can be removed, but that giant daisy is so prominent, and so permanent. If my child had chosen to do that, I wouldn't be thrilled about it. And I certainly wouldn't choose to have it featured in the senior photos.

But stating what I would choose for myself and my kids doesn't mean I think you're a bad parent or not proud of your daughter. :flowerforyou:
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    the dress code should apply to pictures as well.. she isnt wearing a shirt! she couldnt go to school like that, why does think she should be able to have that in the yearbook... really i think her and hr mom are just attention *kitten* and this is a way to get pubilicty.. dont be surprized if you see this girl in a sleazy reality show...
  • NewMeTomG
    "Most likely to get pregnant or an STD" award!

Wow! Glad my daughter made it through high school without getting pregnant.

STD Award? Seriously? That's a leap.

Also glad she has a real job (not a prostitute) today, has her own apartment that she pays for, is going to college full-time and working at the same time, and has thrived as an adult with a tattoo and survived the senior portraits.

Guess we did something right in raising our kids to be independent.

Hope you all have great luck raising your kids. I'm proud of mine for many reasons. All looks aside.
  • Nobody is surprised at the giant chest tattoo on a high school girl? I am not against tattoos on adults, but if the child is still in high school, didn't she need an adult to get consent? Who lets their teenager put any tattoos on themselves? I don't get it.

Right 18 and in HIGHSCHOOL. Still living with parents.
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member

Right 18 and in HIGHSCHOOL. Still living with parents.

Yeah but at 18 you're an adult. And presumably on the verge of leaving High school, especially since we're talking about year book here. Though in America at 18 you're still considered a kid aren't you? Weird to me, but different cultures will be different cultures I guess :L

Oh also, what age can you leave high school in america? You can leave at 16 here, but choose to stay on until 18, so you are treated like an adult or at least someone at college when you're 16/17/18, rather than a "school kid". Not having a go, genuinley just curious.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    I think that girl's photo is wildly inappropriate for a yearbook. It's very sexualized, with her bare stomach and her look.
    At our yearbook, we could go to one of two photographers and get a head shot taken. You could have whatever color background, but they were all the same shot of your face.
    At my friend's school, you could do any photo, which I thought was odd. I didn't like the look of that yearbook. Not uniform enough.
  • Amanda0325
    Amanda0325 Posts: 245 Member
    Yup, she was an adult when she got the tattoo.

still lived under your roof no?