ali HAS ANYONE TRIED IT??

Options
ALI PILLS THEY BLOCK THE FAT HAS ANYONE TRIED THEM IF SO DO YOU LIKE THEM ? DID THEY WORK? THANKS

Replies

• koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Stock up on underwear if you do.
  • lorac321
    lorac321 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    If you take them, don't fart!
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I had a friend that did and while she did lose some weight it didn't help with food choices, nutrition or making positive choices (I'm pretty sure she gained most of it back).

And there was the issue with oily leaking discharge.....YUCK!!!!
  • boo333
    boo333 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    If you are eating clean why would you take it?:huh:
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options

And make sure they aren't white.
  • Ashalena
    Ashalena Posts: 162
    Options

never tried it but i've had friends that did.
    above comment is the moral of the story
  • lilmisssunshine
    lilmisssunshine Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I took the prescribed one of them (cant rem the name) and yes make sure you have clean underwear and dont eat anything to fatty cause it comes out like oil and hard to flush lol
  • Ashalena
    Ashalena Posts: 162
    Options
    If you are eating clean why would you take it?:huh:

pretty much anything you eat goes right through you. uncontrollably.
  • gwennypink
    Options
    I took it when I was trying to lose weight quickly for my wedding last year. I went from losing about a pound a week, to losing 2-3 a week, but there are some horrible side effects (like the above posters have mentioned) if you eat more than 20 grams of fat within about a 3-hour period. I gained a little bit back, but it wasn't from when I stopped taking it, it was mainly from making bad choices. I also winded up reading an article earlier this year saying that it could cause liver damage. It definitely worked, but I would never use it again. I've learned that losing weight slowly is the healthier way to go.
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I was prescribed the higher dosage one (Xenical) by my doctor and they worked for a while (lost about 15lbs) but then that came to a halt so I stopped taking them. You have to be VERY careful with your fat intake - I couldn't go higher than, about, 12-15g of fat PER MEAL (and sometimes even that was too high) otherwise the dreaded accident occurs...and it isn't nice...at all (shudders at the memory) lol!!

The only reason I used them was because I was having A LOT of difficulty losing weight - thanks to PCOS.

Would I take them again...probably not - I've found a way of eating now that works, it's a lot easier and I feel so much better.
    Do I regret taking them...not at all, I was stuck in a major rut and those badboys really helped.

Edit - just to add...they did help me realise how much cr4p I was eating...so, for that, I do thank them.
  • sailorsiren13
    Options
    and keep toilet cleaner handy it makes a ring around the toilet seriously!!!:blushing:
  • sars_68
    sars_68 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    They sound horrendous! :noway:
  • Tiffa0909
    Tiffa0909 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    The worse pill ever, if you are going to use it. Don't eat out , because you will be running to the bathroom and probably not making it. And it would look like you sat on a slice of pizza.
  • irishgirl63
    Options
    I tried them and hated them!
  • gardinier
    gardinier Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    didnt work : (
    count calories- stay away from sugar and white carbs (bread, pasta etc)
    think atkins, count calories and run!- will melt the fat off your bod.
  • jenn_is_trouble
    Options

^LMAO.

Why, why in God's name would someone do that to themselves?!
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    My doctor likes the meal plan that ali offers, but he says NO to the pills because they can cause more problems. They do have some great sounding recipes.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    Poop, there is is! shaka laka, shaka laka.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    NO I HAVEN'T TRIED IT AND I WOULDN'T BECAUSE I LIKE SOLID POOP.
  • Mybetterme
    Mybetterme Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    They help a little. I never had a major side effect I couldn't control but was careful what I ate with them cause my friends have had bad side effects of diarrhea. I sometimes get bad stomach aches and worry about vitamin absorption. So I only use them like once a day so I don;t get full benefit either.