Options

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Anal leakage ... nuff said.
  • jenn_is_trouble
    Options
    Poop, there is is! shaka laka, shaka laka.

Ok, I literally just made all my co-workers come into my office to see what the hell I was laughing at :laugh:
  • madyncaden
    madyncaden Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    gee all of these posts make me wanna run right out and get me some ali and underpants!!! YUCK...........no thanks!!
  • tananichelle
    tananichelle Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I took them for a few months, and didn't think it was bad at all. Although, the 20g of fat in 3 hours thing is super true! As long as I made healthy choices and watched my fat intake (which you should be doing anyways!), it was fine and I had no side effects. That was a pretty easy lesson to learn. Ali was a nice little "helper" on my weight loss journey. I stopped taking them just because they were kind of expensive.
  • PoochPottery
    Options
    If you take them, don't fart!

LMFAO :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Caterpiller2011
    Caterpiller2011 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yes, I didnt have a problem with them...in fact I will likely use the again. I think this is because I still ate low fat foods - It cuts 25% of you daily fat intake, and expells it so that is not aborbed. I think people run into trouble thinking that I can eat badly because the Alli will block it - thus the issues with leakage.
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    I have tried Ali, while I was at my worse a couple years ago. Knowing what I know now about nutrition, I would not think of taking it again. I do still have a bottle of it in my medicine cabinet as a reminder of those times.

Plus...it's not worth potentially having an "oops I crapped my pants" moment.
  • SimplyShanRunning
    SimplyShanRunning Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    If you take them, don't fart!

This is where the word shart originated....

I do believe you get a coupon for depends on purchase of Ali....or a combo pack Id have to check
  • HBBrown78
    HBBrown78 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I was prescribed the higher dosage one (Xenical) by my doctor and they worked for a while (lost about 15lbs) but then that came to a halt so I stopped taking them. You have to be VERY careful with your fat intake - I couldn't go higher than, about, 12-15g of fat PER MEAL (and sometimes even that was too high) otherwise the dreaded accident occurs...and it isn't nice...at all (shudders at the memory) lol!!

The only reason I used them was because I was having A LOT of difficulty losing weight - thanks to PCOS.

Would I take them again...probably not - I've found a way of eating now that works, it's a lot easier and I feel so much better.
    Do I regret taking them...not at all, I was stuck in a major rut and those badboys really helped.

Edit - just to add...they did help me realise how much cr4p I was eating...so, for that, I do thank them.

Pun intended?
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    Man a few crushed up pills would make a pisser of a joke on someone.
  • maryjay51
    maryjay51 Posts: 742
    Options
    LMAO at the comments ... too funny i am in a body fat loss contest at the gym..if my plan works i will fill you all in.. im doing it the right way though and not with pills like ali.. im trying L-carnitine though and so far i havent seen any side effects at all from it. the only way i will know if it did anything is when i get measured at the end of the nine weeks to see what difference was made..diet is so important.. i read that green tea and lemon helps too so im also drinking that daily. there are foods you can eat that can help attack belly fat especially.. no pill out there is magical. the L-carnitine is an amino acid so my research showed that it is safe for me to take. whether it works or it works on anyone else i do not know. i know one thing... i got clean undies and no accidents!!!!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    NO I HAVEN'T TRIED IT AND I WOULDN'T BECAUSE I LIKE SOLID POOP.

I like oily discharge, all of a sudden my office chair would become an ice breaker.
  • GinNouveau
    GinNouveau Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    No even after I got a free bottle after hearing the same things from friends who had tried it.

I think sometimes it works for people because it forces you to either eat healthier or poop yourself.

Cutting out some of the fat in your diet will help you accomplish the same results without any embarrassing side effects.

Alli claims to block 30% of fat absorbtion. So if you can leave 1/3 of your burger on the plate you will see the same results.

There is a bigger difference in you choosing a quarter pounder without cheese over a double quarter pounder without cheese. By making that simple swap you have blocked the absorbtion of 46% more fat.

Decide to eat 30% less fat. Make better choices. Keep your diginty.
  • spazzticaunt
    Options
    I was on the diet for a bit and I asked my doctor about it and she almost had a cow and a few kittens when I mentioned. She said that it can cause too many health issues on top of the ones i already have. She said that their office isn't even allowed to prescribe the prescription version because they just don't like the medication.
  • elliott82
    elliott82 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    my doctor prescribed it to me as well and all of the above is true. for SURE don't eat mexican food while taking them unless you are actually sitting on the toilet while you eat. :)
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I would not do it. I took the prescription form, and let's just say, :embarassed:
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    snl.jpg

stock up
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    Fat does not make you fat, calories do. If you're concerned with how much fat is in your diet, look for lower fat alternatives. If you want to lose weight, watch your calories and/or exercise. Pills are not necessary, especially ones that make you spend more money on underwear.
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I was prescribed the higher dosage one (Xenical) by my doctor and they worked for a while (lost about 15lbs) but then that came to a halt so I stopped taking them. You have to be VERY careful with your fat intake - I couldn't go higher than, about, 12-15g of fat PER MEAL (and sometimes even that was too high) otherwise the dreaded accident occurs...and it isn't nice...at all (shudders at the memory) lol!!

The only reason I used them was because I was having A LOT of difficulty losing weight - thanks to PCOS.

Would I take them again...probably not - I've found a way of eating now that works, it's a lot easier and I feel so much better.
    Do I regret taking them...not at all, I was stuck in a major rut and those badboys really helped.

Edit - just to add...they did help me realise how much cr4p I was eating...so, for that, I do thank them.

Pun intended?

The wonderful world of puns :laugh:
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    Fat does not make you fat, calories do. If you're concerned with how much fat is in your diet, look for lower fat alternatives. If you want to lose weight, watch your calories and/or exercise. Pills are not necessary, especially ones that make you spend more money on underwear.

Wrong. Running your butt off to get the toilet before the brown doom of shame happens is what really makes you lose weight. It's extreme HITT training!