Putting myself out there.

Options
Hi,
I'm Deb. I have just joined today too. Well, truth be told, I did this several months ago for about a month. I did lose some weight but then quit tracking everything and have put 9lbs back on. The site was working for me, I had given up on working for myself. But I am back. Last time I did this very quietly, no posts, no friends, no one knew. This time I am going to put myself out there a little more. I am hoping to both give and receive support this time!

Replies

• Matthew_Wilde
    Matthew_Wilde Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi - im new today as well. Your heart has to be in it, that's my problem. I'm hoping for help and support as well.

Good luck with it.
  • tiamaria3
    tiamaria3 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hey Deb,welcome back and good that u made the choice to return! :smile: alot of support and motivation on here that i've noticed so far
  • LJ102011
    LJ102011 Posts: 110
    Options
    Hi Deb!! I'm glad you came back! I find this site very addicting and highly motivating! Let's do this! Friend request sent! Good luck to you and keep your head up! Laura
  • madter78
    madter78 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Terry I signed up yesterday... Seems kinda fun, but we'll see how long it last. I'm 53, in/out of menopause and I have put some weight on.... I want to try to get some of it off.... so thought I would try this....
  • annisamuels
    Options
    good job! good luck!

i have found that tracking keeps my on point. including your work outs (even cleaning or walking) is also helpful..

i tell all kinds of people about this app!

feel free to add me and communicate!
  • slayerdan
    slayerdan Posts: 193
    Options
    Dont forget the returning member fee. Its only 12.95 and you can forward it to me and Ill credit it to your account.

Send it to: ijusttookyourmoneyandboughtsomethingwithit@punked.com
  • cherigurl
    cherigurl Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Hi Deb,
    i am Cheri, i had the same problem I started on this site after a friend of mine told me about it, i was good for a while then i trailed off and by thanksgiving i was so bloated and just felt gross about the way i looked and felt, so since then I have been an avid logger and i have lost 7 lbs (although i feel off the wagon at christmas kinda of) but I love this site is has helped me out so much. Feel free to add me :smile:
  • JazzBar9363
    Options
    Welcome to both of you! I'm new here as of the 1st as I'm sure a lot of us are! New Year, New You and all that jazz! I find that having the support of friends to be really helpful! I comment on as many of my friends' statuses as I can. And it helps seeing supportive comments from them as well.

I've tracked before on another site, but quit doing it, and then fell of track. I think keeping up with the tracking really helps you stay aware of what you are eating and drinking.

So stick with it! Add me if you want to. I'm usually only on during the daytime, but I will send a lot of praise and any helpful tips I can offer!

Judy
  • Silverstar46
    Silverstar46 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Good luck! this place really does work and I hope you keep at it!
  • mosneakers
    mosneakers Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Welcome! Welcome!!

I've been stuck on the same 10lbs for months, so I know where you're coming from with wanting to give up on yourself. Honestly, this site has helped me get through those days when others just don't get it! Plus, when I lose an amount that seems insignificant to me, my MFP buddies always leave a positive comment.

Feel free to add me, newbies! Welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    welcome back. Friend request sent, as I've noticed the social side of this seems to help as well as the tracking.
  • vickijank
    vickijank Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hi Deb!

I was in the same spot as you. I started here a little while ago and really haven't been all that active. I read posts and that has been really motivating but I really hadn't tried to make friends. Since the start to the new year (and partially because my sister and brother-in-law) have started and been really motivating I've been a lot more active. I still need to start adding friends but what I've noticed is everyone on this site is really helpful and support and that is what we all really need :)

The change process is long and hard. What's important is you're here now!

Good luck! I'm sending you a friend request.
  • errn08
    errn08 Posts: 17
    Options
    Thank you. I am surprised by how many people are on and willing to be supportive so fast! PS...what is a stone equivalent to in pounds?
  • Scatterdragon
    Scatterdragon Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me and welcome! We are all in the same boat and friends really help!
  • MrsM1ggins
    MrsM1ggins Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    It really does work, and I think putting yourself out there is a great idea. We all have days when we need support, or sometimes just a kick up the ar$e!
  • Mary2270
    Options
    Think of it as an investment in you! The more support you can obtain, the better your success. I agree totally that weight loss is highly mental (thoughts). Find time for yourself. You can only give so much of yourself before you are depleted. This is your time to concentrate on you! I am willing to be friends and help wherever I can. I get so much back in return. The more involved I am, the more invested I am in my own weight loss. Welcome back!
  • MrsM1ggins
    MrsM1ggins Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I am surprised by how many people are on and willing to be supportive so fast! PS...what is a stone equivalent to in pounds?
    1 stone = 14 lbs
    2.2lbs = 1kg
  • MrsObundles
    MrsObundles Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    You guys can add me :happy: Today is my 40th day to log in.
  • AZnewme
    AZnewme Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Hi Deb: Glad you're back - We all need support -sometimes I think we just don't realize it and then by the time we do - it's another 25 pounds! Friend request sent! Anyone else needing to add a "49 year old really out of shape but darn it - i am going to do this this time -stubborn mom" - please feel free to add me!
  • coolchick03270
    Options
    Hey Deb! I belonged to MFP last year, but didn't do anything with it. As of the 1st of this year I have been posting, friending, asking questions. I'm determined to stay focused, push myself to exercise and be healthy. I love it so far. It's like a power/control thing- and I like that. ;) Feel free to add me as a friend also. The more support we have on here the easier the ride will be.