Hula Hooping ...

Options

Replies

• MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    my mom said that she has heard of using a weighted hula hoop and it really helps tone your abs. sounds reasonable to me. maybe i need a hula hoop now that i think about it :)

Sorry to let you know butt...Its impossible to "tone" any muscle, toning is a myth.
    Wrong AGAIN!
    ALL muscles can be toned.
    Is somebody confusing body fat spot reduction with muscle toning?

Maybe it's time to stop posting and just listen a while.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Krushchev
    Krushchev Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Yeah if your goal is to lose weight and look great throw away the hula hoop and french fries and pick up some squats and oats.
    Mr Oats, should I also eat a bacon double Cheese burger as you did --- lol
    BUSTED! I read your diary Mr perfect - :laugh: :laugh:

:drinker:
  • Melissaol
    Melissaol Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I have a 4lb hula hoop. When you are doing it, do punches at the same time, that will get your heart rate up.
  • Stefanny91
    Stefanny91 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Yeah if your goal is to lose weight and look great throw away the hula hoop and french fries and pick up some squats and oats.

Seriously, hula hooping is GREAT!
    And anybody with anything negative to say should post his video engaged in the activity for 30 minutes straight.

Bet you can't - lol
    But if you can, I'll buy your next Bacon Double Cheeseburger - :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Oh this cracked me up!

Hooping is great fun I always seem to be histerics when I hoop I must look like a right idiot!

But at the end of the day if im hooping surly its better than me laying on the sofa stuffing me face.

Thanks for your input guys if anyone could link me to any tutorial videos that would be great :) xx
  • Stefanny91
    Stefanny91 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I have a 4lb hula hoop. When you are doing it, do punches at the same time, that will get your heart rate up.

Oh thats a good idea, my only issue is I'm terrible at multi tasking as soon as im not concentrating on the hoop I lose it! lol x
  • coolchick03270
    Options

Seriously, hula hooping is GREAT!
    And anybody with anything negative to say should post his video engaged in the activity for 30 minutes straight.

Bet you can't - lol
    But if you can, I'll buy the next round of Bacon Double Cheeseburgers - :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Where's the LIKE button on MFP??? Great reply :)
  • roberts1013
    roberts1013 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I am ordering a travel hoop and dvd from Hoopnotica for my Birthday so I can learn to dance while hooping.

Hoopnotica is how I started!!! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!! I have there travel hoop and 3 of there DVD's!!!
  • saphfireangel
    saphfireangel Posts: 438 Member
    Options

I have hooped for nearly 7 months now and I've lost over 40lbs and TONED my muscles. I don't know who made you the hoop know it all but maybe instead of running your mouth you should try it. oh and just so you know I can do squats with my hoop.
  • ziesergirl_66
    ziesergirl_66 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options

I have hooped for nearly 7 months now and I've lost over 40lbs and TONED my muscles. I don't know who made you the hoop know it all but maybe instead of running your mouth you should try it. oh and just so you know I can do squats with my hoop.

you tell 'em!!

I just recently started hooping. Not real coordinated yet, but each time I use it I have increased my time! In 10 minutes it was about 100 cals....according to Polar F6 HRM with chest strap. I can't wait to see what the results are when I get better and can go longer!!:bigsmile: It definitely works your core!
  • ifucsam
    ifucsam Posts: 40
    Options
    I've been wanting to get a hoop for a while. Now that we live in a house I just might get one! Hoop on!
  • Dunkirk
    Dunkirk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Hoop Hoop Hooray!
  • terrie79
    terrie79 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Keep up with the Hula Hoop if you enjoy it!!! It's some kind of exercise, right? I have the hula hoop on Wii...although I have not used since before Christmas, time to get back!
    And, there are all kinds of Hula Hoop clubs out there. We use them in children's church for game time,,they love it!
  • KickingDarkness
    Options
    I do hoop dance. It's the most fun I've ever had exercising! A lot of people lose weight with hooping alone whoever said you can't is dead wrong. I learned entirely from watching youtube videos. It took me a week strait just to be able to keep it up at my waist. Now I can hoop around my waist, at my chest, with my legs and with my arms (plus do some tricks)- it exercises your whole body! I don't have any tips except to watch videos on youtube there's a gazillion videos there and a lot of tutorials.
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Do a search for hula hoop videos. Specifically, search for one called "Flexible Girl Hula Hoops." That should give you ideas.

Edit: Just check out a bunch of the hula hoop videos on youtube--there are lots of great ones. I'm going to get a hula hoop!
  • nurse_christieyne
    Options
    Hoop Hoop Hooray!

:laugh:
  • ifucsam
    ifucsam Posts: 40
    Options
    Okay after rereading the positive replies to this post I bought one!
  • ziesergirl_66
    ziesergirl_66 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I've probably had a good 5 workouts with my hoop. Still getting the "swing" of it....It still drops quite a few times in 10-15 minutes but I am getting better with each time. I can go both directions now. will check out them videos too.

hoop it up!
  • anitasilk
    Options
    I lov to hoop.. It's a great work out for ur abs legs an butt
  • Dunkirk
    Dunkirk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    After following these posts, I'm using an invisible one until I can buy one.
  • Terasome
    Terasome Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    I've been doing Super Hulahoop on Wii then remembered the kids have hulahoops in the garage :) Will have to dig one out