need a scale

Options
I'm never home and can't always make it to a gym. I travel about 3 days every week and don't trust putting a scale in my suitcase. Any suggestions on where I can weigh myself while on the road?

Replies

• elusivezero
    elusivezero Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I can only think of pharmacies - or you may call them drugstores, depending on where you are. I mean, sometimes I would simply grab one in a store (providing it wasn't boxed) and stand on the thing there and then.
  • Hysiq
    Hysiq Posts: 12
    Options
    I can't be 100% about this but maybe Firestations? I know the ones around here will take your blood pressure and attend to small injuries. Wouldn't hurt to ask all the cute firemen? :P
  • richmondcowgirl
    richmondcowgirl Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I might have to hit up the drugstores... as much as I would love to go play with the firefighters it might be hard to find ones in new cities and states not to mention embarassing.... can you tell me how big my butt is? I need to program it in lol
  • roberts1013
    roberts1013 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I only weigh in twice a month. One I feel less pressure from that evil thing. and two its not as hard to work into a busy schedule. works for me!!
  • Hysiq
    Options
    Don't forget that although MFP seems to rely on weight that's not what matters!

Personally I just want to look the way I want, I don't care what weight I am.

In fact my goal weight is officially "over weight" but I like to have curves and not just skin and bone! Don't get me started on that stupid BMI! It's not even an accurate thing, AT ALL. I can't understand why it's a norm.
  • RainbootsToBikinis
    RainbootsToBikinis Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    How about taking measurements instead and then just weighing when you are home? A measuring tape is very portable, and wont give you different readings like different scales will.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I'm never home and can't always make it to a gym. I travel about 3 days every week and don't trust putting a scale in my suitcase. Any suggestions on where I can weigh myself while on the road?
    you may want to try tracking body fat instead
    Go here:
    http://www.scientificpsychic.com/fitness/diet.html
  • rwd5046
    rwd5046 Posts: 302
    Options
    The idea of weighing yourself less often is a much easier fix. I only weigh once a week sometimes every other week. Your weight can flux from day to day and really cause motivation to wain. Once a week is really good, try for the same day of the week.
  • richmondcowgirl
    richmondcowgirl Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I love these ideas and the tape measure is great to I have on in my travel sewing kit. My usual method is how do these jean fit my *kitten*.
  • Hysiq
    Options
    Haha my favorite method!