Whey Protein

Options
I'm just curious, for those of you that do use whey protein.... What is your favorite brand and flavors? I usually buy Optimum Nutrition Rocky Road, and I'm ready to venture out to try some new flavors, but I don't want to buy something that tastes gross and be stuck with it! Suggestions? Thanks!

Replies

• engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    my favorite brand is the one on sale.
  • LesliePierceRN
    LesliePierceRN Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I really like Jillian Michaels' vanilla flavor.. but right now I"m using Super Advanced and it's good too.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Myofusion Milk Chocolate is really good... It tastes like liquid pudding to me.

I've also heard cookies and cream by them is really good too!
  • catic
    catic Posts: 156
    Options
    What are the benefits of Whey protien? Does it help weight loss or just make you feel full?
  • rdzilla
    rdzilla Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Myoplex Original in Chocolate or Strawberry. 42 grams protein; 290 calories; some fiber; not a lot of sugar; a little bit of fat. I guess the calories and cost are the down side. Taste is awesome, and I know this sounds stupid, but my workouts are always best when on this particular protein.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    What are the benefits of Whey protien? Does it help weight loss or just make you feel full?

protein is necessary for muscle maintenance and growth. even people that only do cardio should be having a protein recovery shake after a work out. cardio does burn muscle as well as fat. the protein shake will help keep your body in shape.

try a scoop of protein powder, some fruit juice and frozen fruit in a blender. drink it within about 20-40 minutes of your work out.
  • ash1976
    ash1976 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    my favorite brand is the one on sale.

This!
  • jwlink
    jwlink Posts: 1
    Options
    I have been using Whey protein for years. I have found their is no difference in 65$ protein from GNC or 14$ protein from Wal Mart. The better deal is Wal Mart if you are going to use protein over the long haul
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Ooow I think I might try ON Rocky Road! My Double Choc is almost finished so I need to get another tub soon.

I wish Optimum Nutrition did a sampler pack so I could try out the different flavours without buying a whole tub of each flavour
  • countrygirl812
    Options
    I have been using Whey protein for years. I have found their is no difference in 65$ protein from GNC or 14$ protein from Wal Mart. The better deal is Wal Mart if you are going to use protein over the long haul

I'm glad to hear this because I was planning on buying some from Wal-Mart on Monday. I just can not afford GNC's stuff.
  • Cherisehirz
    Options
    Ooow I think I might try ON Rocky Road! My Double Choc is almost finished so I need to get another tub soon.

I wish Optimum Nutrition did a sampler pack so I could try out the different flavours without buying a whole tub of each flavour

I TOTALLY agree!! It would be awesome if they did a sampler pack! Rocky Road is delish! Try it!
  • tecallahan
    tecallahan Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I love Da Vinci Whey - Chocolate!!
  • nicksaysnever
    Options
    I use Designer Whey - Chocolate. It's the best brand the store I shop at carries. It tastes great mixed into smoothies, and not completely terrible straight with water, so I'm happy with it.