Aqua Zumba

Thinking about going to some aqua zumba classes.....has anyone else been to any? Are they as good as the regular zumba classes? I appreciated any info...thanks. :)

Replies

• jschuett12
    jschuett12 Posts: 15 Member
    I teach Aqua Zumba (first class is Sunday-nervous!!!) and I've taken the class prior to getting certified. It is a lot of fun and a great workout but yes, different than regular Zumba classes. The big difference you will notice is that you can't move as fast and that your legs aren't much help- your arms are your super muscles in the water. The water itself acts as resistance so you can work with the water or against it, depending on the moves. You won't work up a sweat very much while in the water but you will be feeling it afterwards. Also, you should wear water shoes as the movements can be a bit slick on the pool floor and you will want to have something to help you propel into the moves. You should check a class out- but they do say it takes up to 6 classes for a person new to Aqua Zumba to feel comfortable with it. Good luck!
  • JC98
    JC98 Posts: 21
    Thanks! gonna give it a try.