Applebee's

Options
Going to Applebee's tomorrow evening with a friend. What are good and healthy food options to get to eat?

Replies

• rowyourboat
    rowyourboat Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    check out their website for nutritional information. You are going to be surprised. Enjoy!
  • Tianzi
    Tianzi Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I always search the nutritional menu online to see what the best options, now almost all restaraunts will have the calories, fat, etc :)
  • Samantha020691
    Options
    I am a waitress at Applebee's. If you're looking for a steak the Signature Sirloin with Garlic Herb Shrimp is amazing. 500 cals... the potatos are scarce but the sauce and shrimp make you feel like you're eating a lot. All the pastas are terrible! The sizzling chicken and spicy queso blanco has 570 cals in it! GREAT deal.
    stay away from apps unless you get the chicken wontons.. all above 500... and don't even look at desserts!
    hope this helps
    :)
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    We ate there New Year's eve. They have a section on the menu that's "under 550 calories." It's great! No salad or rolls to go with it to add extra calories...just get something off that menu and it'll be fine. I go the steak!
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    They have an under 550 calories menu.
  • cmiles23
    cmiles23 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    just had applebees today for lunch, i got the sizzling chili lime chicken........ under 550 cal menu....... it was HUGE filling AND delicious. i have tried the steak with shrimp one and was NOT impressed.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    The under 550 selections are great for calories, but like all restaurant food they are crazy in sodium. I don't remember off the top of my head, but they have a 7 ounce sirlion on that menu that comes with steamed veggies and mashed potatoes that is a lot less than the 550. I usually share the steak with my son and just eat the veggies!
  • dalgal26
    dalgal26 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    check out their website for nutritional information. You are going to be surprised. Enjoy!

I agree! Always check the nutritional page of restaurant websites. Most have a good variety of low cal, low fat, choices.
  • SavCal71
    SavCal71 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I recently went to Applebee's for the first time in y ears. I had the roasted sirloin 550under meal. It was, surprisingly, very very good. Steak was juicy, tender, done just right (medium rare). I was very pleasantly surprised.
  • focusonme2012
    Options
    I just ate there tonight and had the Roasted Garlic Sirloin. It was great. It came with some potatoes but I skipped. Just had the steak and it comes with a small Portabello mushroon with Spinach. Had it with 2 glasses of water and lemon and it was 450 calories. Hope that helps.
  • myboysmomx2
    myboysmomx2 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I am a waitress at Applebee's. If you're looking for a steak the Signature Sirloin with Garlic Herb Shrimp is amazing. 500 cals... the potatos are scarce but the sauce and shrimp make you feel like you're eating a lot. All the pastas are terrible! The sizzling chicken and spicy queso blanco has 570 cals in it! GREAT deal.
    stay away from apps unless you get the chicken wontons.. all above 500... and don't even look at desserts!
    hope this helps

I agree with Samantha. This is the entree I get every time I go. It is FABULOUS!!!!! Enjoy!
  • Sunshine_Girlie
    Sunshine_Girlie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I like the chicken Dijon or something of the sort. It's good and you can substitute the side for anything you'd like. Water with lemon is a nice drink.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Going to Applebee's tomorrow evening with a friend. What are good and healthy food options to get to eat?
    Try the napkin dipped in water...lol

Look, if you're going out, live a little and have fun. Or just don't go.
    That's a prescription for misery watching everybody else eat fabulous food while you nibble a carrot stick.

Call it a "free day" and have fun.:smile:
  • Gary1977
    Gary1977 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    hope this helps

100% agreed! The signature sirloin with garlic herb shrimp is awesome! It's my go to dish when I go there. Enjoy!:drinker: :bigsmile:
  • Maria_t02
    Options
    Applebees has the 550 calorie meals too...and weight watchers! :)
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    I love the Paradise chicken salad.
  • farmgirlsuz
    farmgirlsuz Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I usually get whatever I want at Applebees but only eat half and take the other half home for another meal. One way of getting whatever you want and not feeling deprived.
  • Rklane
    Rklane Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I always get the Paradise Chicken salad when I go. It too is on the under 550 calorie menu.
  • sallyjokokomo
    sallyjokokomo Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    We just ate there the other night! The Signature Steak and Garlic Shrimp for under 550 was delicious, and alot of food! Enjoy!:smile:
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    When going out to eat, the answer is always "Steak!!" :bigsmile: