Do you weigh yourself every day?

Options
I do. But I've been told that you're supposed to weigh yourself once a week.

I find the daily check points motivate me.

Replies

• tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    I did, but don't like stressing about every 10th of a pound every day. I kind of like the lead-up to weekly weigh in day. I know I've lost some. I can tell. but am eager to find out how much.
  • irishkiss
    irishkiss Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I do...:smile:
  • themurph8910
    Options
    I do but I try not too. I try to hold out until sunday night but it doesn't always work. but I say hey whatever works for you.
  • Jd1360
    Jd1360 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Oh, no way! Once a week with spot checks if I want. Daily would drive me neurotic...
  • snookybear
    Options
    I have always been told
    Weigh yourself once a week same time same day before dressing.
    Remember that once a month you may not have a loss
    Daily sounds a little toooo???
    When I started doing that I threw away the scales (and look what happened).
    My Admin Assistant weighs herself daily and is in her late 50's trim & gorgeous
  • dawgn49
    dawgn49 Posts: 15
    Options
    I do every morning. It is nothing to be up or down 5/6 lbs day to day so I go by measurements more than the scale.
  • onehotgirl
    Options
    Yep and I write it down too (but only record on here every week or two) , I like seeing numbers and I can pretty much predict what my weight will be the next day. I'm pretty steady so far with the weight loss.
  • auctoritas
    Options
    I weigh myself daily in the morning after relieving myself but before consuming anything, and without clothes. That gives me a good benchmark where I'm not up on weight from food consumed during the day or whatever. I also use a trending tracker (the hacker's diet website has a great one) which shows the trendline of my weight loss, and it's nicer and more accurate if I give it daily weigh-ins.

Really, it's what works best for you. If daily weigh ins are best for you, go for it, just do it at the same time every day.
  • KandieLantz
    KandieLantz Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I don't. I weigh once a week as a rule and might hop on every so often in between, but only log my weigh in once a week. :)
  • ComeAroundSundown
    ComeAroundSundown Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    No, only once a week. Same day, same time.
  • Lost_it
    Lost_it Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I do that way if I find that the weight is going up I know to get back on track or do more exercise in. I only log it once a week, every Friday.
  • Lift_Run_Eat
    Lift_Run_Eat Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Every morning and night. I am OCD and like constantly knowing what it is. Also, I have noticed most mornings I am 2lbs less than what I was the previous night.

Overkill, probably, but I have done this for years and can not cut the habit.
  • soccerfreak47
    soccerfreak47 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I weigh in daily at the same time right after i get up and before i get dressed. Weight fluctuates like crazy daily, but i like to have it in my chart so i can see the overall trend of my weight progression over longer periods of time.
  • turkishmelly
    turkishmelly Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I do it once a week. When i started, i'd hop on it everyday! big mistake cause if it wasnt what i wanted, id be mad. now i am used to it.
  • mcrowe1016
    mcrowe1016 Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself multiple times a day. It helps to keep me motivated. However, I don't stress out over the variations that I see.
  • futiledevices
    futiledevices Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself 3 times every morning. I weigh, move the scale, & repeat. If I see a loss, I need to be sure that it's real.
  • Dmarten
    Dmarten Posts: 19
    Options
    I do, i know your not supposed to, but its good for me lets me know where I am. I dont freak out over the numbers , just gives me a base line. I only record on here once a week
  • yankeedownsouth
    yankeedownsouth Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I admit, I weigh myself every morning. I like to track how what I ate and how I exercised affects my weight. High sodium days makes me gain. Also, workouts that make my legs hurt also make me gain. But these gains are temporary, and I like to see that...
  • I weigh myself several times a day just to see how my weight fluctuates throughout the day...I just find it interesting? I don't know..either way I'm not swayed by any daily "losses" or "gains" I know how many calories it actually takes to lose 1lb of fat so the scale doesn't really motivate or bum me out...I just go by how my clothes fit me.
  • heather7131
    Options
    I pretty much do daily. But just once in the morning when I first get up.