Do you weigh yourself every day?

Options

Replies

• tikanique
    tikanique Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    i only weigh once a week. i get too upset (then get off track) by the scale so once every seven days is more than enough.
  • pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    It just depends on whether it stresses you out to do it every day. My hubby freaks out every time he sees his weight go up, so I prefer that he only weighs once every week or two. But that also means he can be gaining weight (not just normal fluctuations) for a couple of weeks before realizing it.

I weigh every day (except I do miss every now and then just with morning busy-ness) and enter it into my weight tracker, and move on. I don't let it bug me if it fluctuates up and down a bit. My graph shows that it is a downward trend, and that's really all that I care about. If it goes up, I may note to myself that I had too much sodium the day before and need to be more careful of that, or that my period is due the next day and that's why it bounced up three pounds, or whatever. I weigh after my workouts, so if it is down today (which it is) because I did a long run, I know that most of that is sweat, and it will probably be up a pound or two tomorrow after a gentler workout. That's completely expected.

Pam
  • jfluchere
    jfluchere Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    No! I've been down the road weighing everyday obsessed and depending on what the scale said it was a good or bad day. Not anymore! I know my current weight and depending on water weight can go up or down. I don't stress, I'm in it for the long haul. It's like watching the stock market.
  • jfluchere
    jfluchere Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily in the morning after relieving myself but before consuming anything, and without clothes. That gives me a good benchmark where I'm not up on weight from food consumed during the day or whatever. I also use a trending tracker (the hacker's diet website has a great one) which shows the trendline of my weight loss, and it's nicer and more accurate if I give it daily weigh-ins.

Really, it's what works best for you. If daily weigh ins are best for you, go for it, just do it at the same time every day.

Thats how I do it too lol. It's a ritual.
  • Leah_Nicole219
    Leah_Nicole219 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Every morning and night. I am OCD and like constantly knowing what it is. Also, I have noticed most mornings I am 2lbs less than what I was the previous night.

Overkill, probably, but I have done this for years and can not cut the habit.

I do the exact same thing and try to predict what I will weigh in the morning!
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    Guilty - I try not to. I've gotten better with doing it every other day (usually because I forget)
  • thefishers4
    thefishers4 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I used to and found that it wasn't doing me any good. It would upset me when I saw the weight go up. I then decided to do twice a week and that still didn't work so now I do it once a week.
  • hsk1019
    hsk1019 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Yep and I write it down too (but only record on here every week or two) , I like seeing numbers and I can pretty much predict what my weight will be the next day. I'm pretty steady so far with the weight loss.

Same here. I like knowing.
  • TMLPatrick
    TMLPatrick Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I really like weighing every day... gives me something to look forward to..... and if its a bit higher, you can just shrug it off and figure its just a bad day.
  • Kikilicious84
    Options
    Yep and I write it down too (but only record on here every week or two) , I like seeing numbers and I can pretty much predict what my weight will be the next day. I'm pretty steady so far with the weight loss.

This. It works for me. Sometimes you have to do what works for you.
  • kanonxbou47
    kanonxbou47 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I did, but it made me crazy, so I had to stop.
  • VictorVegaJr
    VictorVegaJr Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Everyday, just because it motivates me if I haven't lost anything or have gained a little. Helps me eat right and remember to exercise. =]
  • shipwreck3
    Options
    I do. But I've been told that you're supposed to weigh yourself once a week.

I find the daily check points motivate me.

This is me too. :) I know its going to fluctuate..but I need to know where I stand each day. I used to be worse and weigh myself through out the day..so the scale therapy is working nicely.. Im just down to once a day. LOL
  • LittleMissAngi
    LittleMissAngi Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I do. In the morning after potty and but before getting dressed.. Also at night after potty and before changing for bed.

I think it is interesting to see how much my weight fluctuates. I don't stress over it though.

I only log on Friday mornings, I consider Friday mornings my true weigh in time. That is the only time I log it and keep track it.
  • SecretlyBatwoman
    SecretlyBatwoman Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Yes, because if I don't I freak out and don't eat enough all week out of fear I'll magically gain back all that weight overnight.
  • ClarkAddison
    ClarkAddison Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself just before bed and first thing in the morning. My wife thinks I'm crazy. She asks me why I weigh at night and I always say so I know how much I'll weigh in the morning.

I only consider my Monday morning weigh in as "official". It helps me stay disciplined on the weekends.
  • jaymeekae
    Options
    I've been doing it every morning but this is a new thing to me so its kinda fascinating and I love me some good statistics! I doubt I will keep up the daily weigh ins as time goes on.
    I only consider my Monday morning weigh in as "official". It helps me stay disciplined on the weekends.

This seems like a good idea :) Might start doing this
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning so I can keep a close eye on what's happening, but I differentiate between 'real' weight change and temporary, and I never let those temporary changes affect my mood. I watch for a trend and see where things are going over the course of a week or two.
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Every morning and night. I am OCD and like constantly knowing what it is. Also, I have noticed most mornings I am 2lbs less than what I was the previous night.

Overkill, probably, but I have done this for years and can not cut the habit.

I do the exact same thing and try to predict what I will weigh in the morning!

Same here
  • aprilgicker
    aprilgicker Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    yes, I can track my horror-mones this way too