help me

Options
hey all, i am new with mfp site i've been wanting to lose weight and have tried everything under the sun. i started today and i think i did well. i logged everything i ate and i got up at 7am and went to the gym. i ran for 35 min on the treadmill and did some weights. i felt good of my accomplishment. i am not sure i am doing this right. i guess i dont understand when it says i earned 591 calories from my excerise. somebody pls explain in elementary term. i guess this why i never used this kind of tracking.....please help

Replies

• newCourtney
    newCourtney Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Sounds like your first day was pretty successful. The calories you "earn" from exercise are calories that you can eat if you choose. I personally don't. I stick to my calorie goal for the day and don't consider what I earn back based on exercise. There is a longer explanation on one of the new people message boards; you should check it out.
  • zoeyslim
    zoeyslim Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reponse back. That makes since. I think I got it with just that little information you gave. I appreciate that