Hunger pains?

Options
Just wondering if it's normal to feel hungry when I've eaten all my daily calories and work out regularly. Check my food log..it's mostly healthy foods too.

Replies

• emstgm
    emstgm Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I would say yes, it's normal. If we weren't hungry after eating an appropriate amount of calories, I bet not as many of us would be overweight!

For me, I indulged a bit more over the holidays, and the first 2-3 days getting back to 'cutting down' were awful! I was hungry all day. After day 3, things stabilized and I'm not so hungry.
  • auctoritas
    Options
    I'm never hungry at all and I eat way below my BMR. I struggle to get enough calories in some days. But then again I don't eat carbs (which can make you hungrier) and eat lots of fat (1:1 ratio of fat to protein by weight).

I know diets with a lot of carbs can keep you hungry all the time. So it's probably normal for what you're eating.
  • BoopsyBoop
    BoopsyBoop Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the replies. I'm glad to hear it's not just me. I'm actually not dieting, just eating healthier. I absolutely loathe the word diet. :P But thank you for the info!
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    I peeked in your diary and I think you are feeling hungry because (IMHO) your protein is too low. Sure, you're making that number red, but I think MFP's default setting is too low.

Aim to eat 1 gm protein per pound of lean body mass. Also, fiber, fiber, fiber! Try to get 35 grams of fiber a day.

Your body has to work much harder to digest both fiber and protein which gives you a feeling of satiety for longer. So up that fiber and protein and you will NOT be hungry.... even on the minimum net 1200 calories! :)

Good luck!

Eat lots of veggies, lean meats and even consider supplementing with a fiber supplement or whey protein powder to get those numbers up!