Sixers Slimmer Summer Wk 2

Options

Replies

• harleygirl6363
    harleygirl6363 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone!! I just got back from a very brisk 45 mintue walk now its time to fo my video!!

KEE UP THE AMAZING WORK LADIES!!!
  • Redneckwoman
    Redneckwoman Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Hey Tamm

My real name is Kelly, However I usally drop the "ly" when signing my name.

Kel:heart: aka Redneck woman / Kelly
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    IDEA....bright light
    next week when we check in lets add our name & screen names until we get to know everyone.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    IDEA....bright light
    next week when we check in lets add our name & screen names until we get to know everyone.

EXCELLENT IDEA!!!
  • Redneckwoman
    Options
    Wow Ladies,

I guess I am really sick. I haven't been sick all year. My throat is so bad today that I cancelled my customers. I have been sleeping all day. I just got up to get something to eat and thought I would check in. Any way I guess there won't be much change in my weight this week:sad: I am so tired I think I am going to go lay back down.

Kel:heart:
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    kelly, careful of the trap where so much emphasis is placed on one day. This isn't about one day or even a contest week to week. Obviously you want to see a trend of loss over time but, while you do need to make the best choices you can each day, it's about the bigger picture. Try to keep that bigger goal in mind so you don't stress about one day. :flowerforyou:
  • Redneckwoman
    Options
    Thanks Pedal, Now since I woke up a little bit ago, I can say I have full blown summer cold happening. I now have the chest congestion along with a tight cough. So night quil here I come. I'll talk to all you lovely ladies some time tomarrow and let you know how I am. I should bounce back prettty quick. I usally don't get sick for long and normally not sick at all.:grumble: :grumble: :grumble:

Kel:heart:
  • drtamm
    drtamm Posts: 427
    Options
    Harley- Nice pictures!!! Congrats on week one!

Hope you feel better Kel!

Cathy- I did have a good tuesday and today wasn't that bad. I just had to pay some bills and run around so I didn't get home until 930 pm. Crazy. Dylan was out of food too. MAN. Anyway, I'm making it. My mom went to see Tiff and she said she was doing well. Thanks for asking

Pedal- I like the trainer. He works with athletes (high school and college) so he pushes hard. I am just excited I can find the energy to go twice a week.

I'm just getting home from running errands and since I GAVE UP on morning workouts I have the workout cloud over my head and I have not eaten dinner. So I'm gonna make a smoothie, put it in the fridge and do a dvd. Drink it and rest.

Take care!!

Tamm
  • gonabfit
    gonabfit Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    You WON'T believe that I got down to 147... but ate so much junk in the past 2 days since I got hit by the car... but I'm going to get my act together so I can weigh in next week :-D

I am starting my intensive studying for boards so I will probably only check in occasionally.

I am doing better now, my knee is injured and we can't find the woman who did it. so I sent an email to the news station this afternoon to see if maybe they can put out an alert asking if anyone witnessed the accident. Wish me luck! Thank you all for wishing me well. My knee hurts and I am pretty bummed that I can't workout like I planned because I have a cruise July 12 and I REALLY wanted to reach my goal... But I feel sooo amazed that somehow I didn't get hurt seriously. It was the ONE time I rode without a helmet. and I didn't even hit my head though I got thrown to the hood of her car. I'm really hoping we can find the woman who hit me. She didn't even apologize. :-( :noway:

I hope you all are doing well. I am still doing the Beck diet solution and I just bought the Eat Clean Diet so I am going to read it tonight. :-)
  • gonabfit
    gonabfit Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    OH and anyone have ideas for HEALTHY quick meals that I can make while studying for my exam? We study 11 hours a day, and get 3 hours to break/ day :-)
  • PedalHound
    Options
    Tiff, I'll think on some meal ideas for you. And I'm SO EXCITED that you bought Tosca's book. Now I won't be the only Eat Clean Book advocate... we can get everyone to read it :tongue:

More L8R :laugh:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    Oh you guys, I GAINED 4.5lbs. :laugh: and :cry: . I think I must be retaining some water. I can't imagine I gained almost 5lbs in a week! I did feel truly swollen in my midsection today... bloated, I guess.

I'm not changing my goals. A goal is a goal, even if I suck at it. :laugh: Next week, when I'm no longer working, I'm hoping I can change my eating patterns and foods. I know that should prove helpful over the long run.

Cathy
    SW 208.6 lbs / GW 203 lbs / CW 206.2 lbs PROGRESS: - 2.2 lbs
    AmyLou
    SW 151 lbs / GW 145 lbs / CW 150 lbs PROGRESS: - 1.0 lbs
    Whitney
    SW 175 lbs/ GW 168 lbs/CW 175.5 lbs/ progress:+ .5 lbs
    Kristin
    PREGNANT! (with a little boy, that is Lauryn's bet ) <---LOVE it Lauryn! laugh
    Amypyr
    SW 156.2 lbs / GW 151 lbs / CW 154.4 lbs PROGRESS: -1.8 lbs
    Kelly
    SW160lbs / GW154lbs / CW159lbs / Progress - 1lbs
    Rhiannon
    SW 177 lbs / GW 171 lbs / CW 000 lbs PROGRESS +/- 00.00lbs
    Robin
    SW 188 lbs / GW 180 lbs / CW 187 lbs PROGRESS -1 lb
    Jen
    SW 145 lbs/GW/137 lbs/CW142.8 lbs Progress -2.2 lb
    Jess
    SW 178.8 lbs/ GW 171 lbs / CW 177.4 lbs PROGRESS -1.4 lbs
    Tamm
    SW203.5 lbs/GW197 lbs/CW 201.5 lbsProgress - 2 lbs
    Katy
    SW 172.0/GW 168.0/CW 172.0 PROGRESS: 0.0lbs
    Amy
    SW 202 lbs/ GW 190 lbs/ CW 202 lbs progress: +/- 00.00 lbs
    Em
    SW 148.0 lbs / GW 142 lbs / CW 148.0 lbs PROGRESS +/- 00.00 lbs
    Lauryn
    SW 159 lbs / GW 153 lbs / CW 163.5 lbs PROGRESS: +4.5 lbs

Deb (mbmempireSW 181 lbs / GW 135 lbs / CW 165 lbs Progress : +/- 00.00 lbs
    Tiff
    SW 150.4 lbs/GW141 lbs/CW150.4l bs Progress: +/- 0
    Jasmine
    SW 196 lbs / GW 186 lbs/ CW 196 lbs PROGRESS: +/-00.00 lbs
    Jessica
    SW 143 lbs / GW 125 lbs / CW 136 lbs PROGRESS: - 7.00 lbs
    Renae
    SW 151.6 lbs / GW 130 lbs / CW 151.6 lbs PROGRESS 0 lbs.
  • PedalHound
    Options
    *ugh* ... for whatever reason my supper just hit me like a ton of bricks. I feel like I'm going to BURST!

Tamm, get back on that workout train madam! And I'm also glad you've got the chutzpa to train with him twice a week!!

Tiff, that's BRUTAL that you don't know who hit you!! RIDICULOUS!! So glad you're only minorly injured!

Kel, I have a cold too. I think that's why my body is rejecting my supper :sick: :laugh:

Lauryn, I'm seriously doubting you put an excess of 17,500 calories into your bod this week. And considering the salty $#!+ you've been eating :glasses: it's no wonder you're holding water. Just wait till you clean it up. You won't be able to go back :wink: :flowerforyou:

I have a PSA for you ladies that some may know and some may not. When it comes to the food you put in your body, quality is absolutely as important as quantity (to a point, of course). It's the whole reason I so firmly believe in whole, natural, well-balanced foods. Putting food in your body you either use it as energy / building blocks or store it as fat. Basic stuff, right? And when you put in more than you need you know your body is going to store it. So we're playing numbers games with calories to try to avoid that. The fact is, though, that your body will also store it if it gets too much of something it doesn't need. You can't convert a carb into a protein or a protein into a healthy fat and your body can only use so many of each macronutrient. So you may stay within your calorie limit, but if you routinely get a hefty portion of your calories from one macronutrient group (commonly carbohydrates in N. America!) you're still going to pack on fat even if you're staying in your calories. Worse, you'll lose muscle because your body is going to take protein from SOMEWHERE. The same is true for an imbalance in any direction (though I'm picking on too many starchy carbs because not too many in this culture suffer from an over-abundance of protein...) I've seen people on this site before preaching that calories are calories but it just isn't so. Your body is so much more complex than that and if you think you can just add up numbers and get away with it, you'll be in for a sorry surprise down the line.
    Now, for the most part our little group seems to be pretty good about at least TRYING to be balanced about nutrition. But sometimes adding a little fire under our feet can help too :wink:

So my husband has gone away for a 3 day mountain biking trip and I'm SO BUMMED because, aside from missing him, I won't be getting a decent run in until Sunday. BOO! I can't tell you how much my body has grown to expect a good run! Nice to see but right now... :sad: Hey, there are worse things to cry about :tongue:

Alright, off to snuggle my babies before bed! I think I'll do a serious weight workout after they're asleep. Gotta feel the burn!

:heart: you beauties!
  • amypyr
    amypyr Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Hey girls! I am so excited right now. I got a treadmill almost 2 weeks ago. I've been walking every day for almost 3 weeks. Just last week I was still warming up and slowing down around 2 mph, and my "fast" walking speed was 2.5 mph. For the past 3 days, my warm up and cool down have been closer to 2.4 mph, and I've been walking at 3 mph! I knew I would be able to speed up fairly soon, but not this soon! :happy: I feel so much better and have more energy after I walk.
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    morning....

lets see if i can get personnals in....:tongue:
    amypyr....yea for a treadmill. no excuses now. even when not feeling well or whatever just walk slowly it's something.
    pedal....boo no run. you are so well, my knee has haulted me again. so maybe not something iam meant to do
    tiff...didn't you get her info at the acct? glad you didn't hit your head. study hard we need good doctors.
    drtamm....get back to that morning workout, you will find excused for not doing afternoon ones.
    kel...hope you feel better, rest
    lauryn...has to bee soduim. drink water.
    harley...keep up the great work, nice and slow
    kistin...have fun on your mini vaca
    redsox....study hard
    katy....how are you doing?
    pdx.....feeling better?
    josie...how are you doing?
    amylu...hows the intership going?
    walker....how are you doing?
    bunny....hows going the sodium cut down?
    candy....how are you doing?
    got most....to the ones i missed, hope you are doing well.

nothing planned for today. DH will find out if he gets unemployment. it's a long process to get it now. move coming quickly, can't wait got the plans in my head about furniture placement. next week do the final packing and set up all the transfers.

have a great day, later
  • katyk08
    katyk08 Posts: 302
    Options
    Morning ladies!!

Pedal- Its glad to BE back :) I know how it is about your body getting used to the exercise...I feel like such a slug when I dont get any in!

Lauryn- Yea Im doubting you have truly gained that much..its more than likely water retention lol.

Cathy- I am doing great! How have you been? I hope everything goes smoothly with hubby getting unemployment and the packing/moving goes well!

So yea I am feeling extremely bloated and stuffed. I think I am going to start soon. :grumble: I feel so yucky blah! Yesterday I did hit the gym - an hour on the treadmill, did my weights routine and hit the sauna for 10 minutes. I burned 1,040 cals! Take away proly about 200 for what I would normally burn with no activity and that still is around 800! Lunch was a protein shake and a prepackaged nut blend and for evening snack I had chips and salsa..and dinner was 2 portabella veggie burger patties with pepper jack chz on a bed of baby spinach..dessert was a banana popsicle! So all in all I think I did well...

Today...
    Breakfast:
    Cinn Raisin English muffin w/FF cream chz
    Grapefruit
    Cottage Chz

Snack
    Strawberries and protein bar

Lunch
    Turkey sandwich
    baby carrots

Snack
    Celery and hummus

Dinner
    Probably healthy choice frozen dinner
    watermelon

Exercise today... Going to try to get in 2 hours total of cardio.. May have to split it up into an hour this morning and an hour this evening! Also going to sit in the sauna for awhile...

Well ladies have a wonderful day and I'll talk to ya soon!!!

:heart:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    Rhiannon, I ALWAYS eat the same garbage!! LOL It will stop, this coming week. I'm working on it now, planning and scheming on what I need to be eating. And I LOVE your reminder/advice on food balances. It's true -- most of us don't balance out our foods correctly, and like you said, the body has to store carbs if it gets too many. Great reminder/advice!!!! :flowerforyou:

Tiff, what did this woman look like? What car did she drive? I'll come track her *kitten* down! :angry:

AmyPyr, YAY!!!!! Now give your body time to adjust to 3.0 but YAY!!! That is awesome. We have this mental block that things will take so long, but I swear our bodies CRAVE exercise.

I'm not going to post my meals for today (Katy, you are SOOOO GOOD at making sure to do that!!! It encourages me to eat better!!!!). They had a going away breakfast for me at work today so you can imagine the calorie-laden junk I've been eating.

I'll get back on track by Monday, probably sooner. Probably Saturday I'll be back to calorie counting. I have too much stress today and tomorrow. Not normal stress, but knowing it is my last day at my job. Why in the WORLD did they make me work this 60 day notice?
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! No workout for me today... My living room is full of folded laundry (with 6 of us, it makes a big circle), so no taped exercise before work like I've been doing the last few weeks. I suppose I could have gone to the Y after reading at the school, but I really just didn't feel like it. I was thinking I'd go for a walk, but I really don't feel like that either, lol...

And today is really a day I should be doing some exercise. I guess we're going out for dinner tonight, at the cajun place. Yummmm... I always get the same thing, shrimp and tasso bowtie pasta, but I know it can't be low cal or healthy, because it's soooo dang yummy. Oh well... gotta live a little! I'll get back on the exercise train tomorrow.

Tiff, one of my fave quickie meals is a to take red, green, and yellow peppers, onion, spinach, and tomatoes and chop them up then saute them up in a pan. Then I add black beans and some chili powder. Add a sprinkle or a slice of cheese and some cut up avocado and it's delish! The leftovers heat up great in the microwave too. High in fiber and protein, and it gives you at least half of your daily requirement of veggies. The only drawback is that it is kinda high in sodium, because of the canned beans. I bet if I made my own black beans, it'd be a lot lower. But then, it wouldn't be a fast meal either:laugh: :laugh:

Amypyr, isn't it nice to be able to track progress other than by a scale?

Tamm, I'm glad you're loving the PT and the workouts you're getting from him. I bet you're seeing great results!

Rhiannon, I relish when DH is gone for a few days. He works from home, so it doesn't happen often. Used to be that if he left (over weekends or during the summer) all the kids would go with him, and I would have the house to myself for a few glorious days. Now, only one or two go with him... so it's not as peaceful:ohwell:

Hang in there Lauryn... Pretty soon you'll be an even different kind of stressed because of studying for the LSAT... We just pass from one to the next.

Hellos all around to those I missed, have a great night everryone.
  • PedalHound
    Options
    See? It's always an insane flurry of conversation in the first week when we get new people joining and then quickly dies down again to something manageable. Just popping in before calling it a day. I MUST find a way to run tomorrow.
  • drtamm
    drtamm Posts: 427
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I'm glad to see that everyone is doing well. I want to let you all know I really enjoy my workouts and though, I stopped my morning workouts and lunch time workouts (since the job is way to busy now) , I make it my first priority when I walk through the door. I do desire to jog again. I like the results and feelings I have when I make it a habit. I am gonna try to get lots done this weekend. I am doing to do some more cleaning...etc.

I hope to do some personals soon. :) Miss you all.

Take care,

Tamm

P.S. Pedal yes I do notice that the conversations have toned down. I hope the newbies stay motivated!