Xbox Kinect UFC Trainer

Options
Does anyone have this program? if so is it any good for increasing strength and shedding lbs? and more importantly does it keep you interested! are there any other Kinect games which are as good if not better.

Many thanks mfp

shawnkturner

Replies

• dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    bump
  • shawnkturner
    shawnkturner Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Ok, So i've now bought it and done a few sessions... OUCH! this works places not worked before! the instruction is really good and the trainers offer some motivation as you go. there are many different workouts to choose from. from mini workouts to full blown 60 day programs. i'm doing the 60 day weight drop program and as i type by stomach, legs and shoulders are aching from being worked so hard! what is good also is there are warm ups/downs which are much needed!

overall a good package, glad i bought it!
  • Gary1977
    Gary1977 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I"m a huge UFC fan & thinking about getting the PS3 version....let me know what you think
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    I really want this game!
  • shawnkturner
    Options
    Its really good! doesnt train you to be a UFC fighter but gives you the conditioning of one! well worth it.
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    doesnt train you to be a UFC fighter

Haha I wouldn't think so :tongue:
  • shawnkturner
    Options
    Lol, that was a stupid comment wasnt it :-) habbit of not thinking before i speak/type
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    should be a good cardio tool but I can't see it helping for overall strength increases. Need progressive resistance for that.

Mass UFC fan here as well but I'm yet to set up my kinect again. Probably should & get this game.
  • Robide
    Robide Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I really like UFC for Kinect, and tend to use it a couple of times a week. I did do a 30 day training schedule, but I just found I fell behind as when I got home from the gym, I didnt feel like doing it, and I also got really frustrated as my living room isn't quite big enough, and during the v-sit ups and some of the floor work in particular, it stopped tracking me. Some movements it also struggled with, but again, I think this is down to the living room size. I also find when you do the shorter 5 - 10 minute sessions, spending 2-3 mins warming up and cooling down between every session is really irritating - what I would love them to include in the next one is the ability to stitch together 4 or 5 of these in a row with a warm up and cool down at the beginning and end of the full session, not every set.

Saying this, I do still use it to do the quick training for striking. I find this to be great fun, and great cardio, and you are absolutely right, throwing punches, and especially hooks and elbows really work a set of muscles I dont use often, and result in quite a lot of aching!

Overall, I love it, especially for a quick 20-30 mins when I want to do something a bit different outside of the gym.
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    UFC Personal Trainer? Yeah, I'm currently doing the 60 day cut program. However, in addition, I also have some custom exercises. So my days look something like this:

Program first.
    Custom weight lifting session
    1 or 2 custom cardio workout sessions

Ends up being like 35-60 minutes depending on what I do. (turning off the tutorials helps)
    I never do less than 2 workouts, My max is usually 3, 4 if I am just full of energy.

I'll be posting my weight after doing the program for a month, started January 8th. However, I got some definition and strength already just starting small with 15 lb weights for all weight lifting exercises and Everlast weight gloves for all striking exercises.
    Also, the core exercises, while tough, are indeed worth it.
  • natmadc
    natmadc Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Ok, So i've now bought it and done a few sessions... OUCH! this works places not worked before! the instruction is really good and the trainers offer some motivation as you go. there are many different workouts to choose from. from mini workouts to full blown 60 day programs. i'm doing the 60 day weight drop program and as i type by stomach, legs and shoulders are aching from being worked so hard! what is good also is there are warm ups/downs which are much needed!

overall a good package, glad i bought it!

I relize this is an old post but how were your results did you stick with it???