Is it possible to lose 10kg in 2 months?

Options
I really would like to lose 10kg before I go off on my holiday to Miami and Carribean, do you think this is manageable?

Im on an intake of 1200 calories a day and currently weight 72kg. Anyone got any advise?

Also I need friends, add me if your trying to do something similar so we can encourage each other :)

Peace and Love

Kay

Replies

• stayxtrue
    stayxtrue Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    It is definitely possible, I lost 10kgs in a month and half, but I gain and lose weight quite quickly, so it honestly depends
  • appleseeds
    appleseeds Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    If it were me I'd probably go a low-carb diet. Maybe try the shake diets? I don't think theyre all that popular on this site seeing as they are like the definition of a fad diet, but if you ain is to lose that quickly probs worth it.
    Just to to stick with it :). I've done one before years ago, mostly to support a friend who was also doing it, and I lost a lot of weight quickly, but then christmas came around haha and it was a long time before i decided to diet again
    I started again i think 3 or 4 days ago on Celebrity Slim.
    Add me as a friend if you like :)
    Just dont judge me on the horrid photo of me in my gym clothes :(
    I posted it to remind myself why i will never ever ever let myself get to 80kg ever again.
  • ayshamc
    ayshamc Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I think 0.5 - 1kg a week is possible.....0.5 a week seems to be more realistic for me, rather than a full kilo, and that's with alot of walking and going to the Gym. :smile:
  • andrejjorje
    andrejjorje Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Yes it is possible.Include exercise as well.Water weight would be a major part of the weight loss.The hardest part is to keep it off.:explode:
  • pinkminy
    pinkminy Posts: 286
    Options
    Have you tried optifast VLCD , they have all the vitamins and minerals you need and protien but if you have 3 a day your calories will be only be around 600
  • pinkminy
    pinkminy Posts: 286
    Options
    oh yea ..add me as a friend if you want
  • lexie2005
    lexie2005 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I did but I weigh a LOT more than you do. I was on around 1200 calories a day & doing at least 1/2 hour exercise 4 times a week. I wish you luck x
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    the more you weigh the faster you can get it off!
    i looked at what you have too lose and i would not say 20kg personally sorry :)
  • appleseeds
    appleseeds Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Have you tried optifast VLCD , they have all the vitamins and minerals you need and protien but if you have 3 a day your calories will be only be around 600

I tried that last year because it half the price of the one i am using but omg i found it undrinkable. My housemate ended up adding it to his weatbix every morning because he was vegan and also studying nutrition and suddenly got very concerned about meeting his daily requirements LOL.
  • rickyd88
    rickyd88 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Today I'm exactly 2 months into MFP and my loss to date is 9.7kgs. Bearing in mind some days I've gone slightly over on a macro-nutrient and I binge ate over Christmas, so had to lose that back too.

Good luck!
  • Clare_F
    Clare_F Posts: 76
    Options
    It is possible , if you can be strict with yourself and find some exercise you enjoy then you can do this ! good luck ! and enjoy the holiday all the hard work will be worth it when you are there !
  • kayleighlaing
    Options
    Today I'm exactly 2 months into MFP and my loss to date is 9.7kgs. Bearing in mind some days I've gone slightly over on a macro-nutrient and I binge ate over Christmas, so had to lose that back too.

Good luck!

Thats really inspiring! Hopefully I can do it too!! Ive added you, hope you dont mind
  • Jo2926
    Jo2926 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I think it is possible - and with a good exercise programme too (include some weights if you can as well as cardio) you can certainly look like you have lost at least that much. And I'm guessing that for your holiday you care more about how you look than the number on the scale!
  • CindyCountingCalories
    Options
    Most I've lost in 1 month is 5.3kg, as you can see on the picture in the middle of my profile picture, yes huge difference if I may say so myself :wink:

The scale is just a number, you must concentrate on your cm's :wink:

November - December I've lost:

5.3 kg
    Neck: 3cm
    Bust: 5.5cm
    Upper arm: 1.5cm
    Lower arm: 0.7cm
    Wrist: 0.5cm
    Waist: 12cm
    Hips: 12cm
    Bum: 7cm
    Bicep: 2.5cm
    knee: 4.5cm
    Calf: 3cm
    Ankles: 1cm

But yes I do think loosing 10 kg in 1 month is possible:drinker:

I'm going to add you as a friend, I'm now 72.4kg

Edited to add: I'm 1.63cm
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    General rule of thumb is 1% of your current body weight per week. I think the less overweight you are the slower you can safely expect to lose.

Now you can lose quicker but you'll be losing lean body mass (muscle, bone, organ density etc) so while you might end up being 62kg but still look more chubby than you'd like.

My advice is to aim for that 1% per week or about half a kilo per week. At your weight 4kg in mostly fat will be a massive improvement in appearance. In saying that I've seen two of your photos and you look quite good as you are.

Also there are people (myself included) that have lose 10kg in 2 months but keep in mind that it's probably when they started their fat loss campaigns. When you carry lots of body fat you can lose weight very fast in the beginning. Remember it's 1% per week. If you're 150kg then you'll lose 1.5kg per week for a few weeks then 1.3kg for another few weeks and so on.
  • raychill007
    raychill007 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I think no... Sorry! But I'd love to see you succeed, and I'd like to try with you!! I've an awful on again/off again MFPer, but hopefully I'm here to stay with my New Years resolutions! Started again on Jan 5th and trying to be healthy about it instead of 'faddy' this time.

You could try Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred (loads of info on that here in the forums), taking up running if you don't already, and cutting out the carbs and sugars (including the more sugary fruits).

So I'm beginning Jillian Michaels again tonight, and I might go for a run now. I've a holiday coming up in 6 weeks so could really do with sorting myself out before then! Add me as a friend if you want so I can see how you're getting on and we can motivate each other!

Best of luck!!
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I lost about 16 kgs in 3 months but I weigh a heck of a lot more than you do. That is if my understanding of kgs is correct. I've lost 35 pounds and still learning the conversions to kgs are correct.
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Losing 10kg in 2 months when your starting weight is 72kg is a lose of almost 15% of your body weight.

This seems like a lot of weight in a short period of time?
  • Jo2926
    Jo2926 Posts: 489 Member
    Options

The scale is just a number

So true! I love it when my friends say "you look amazing, you have worked so hard" but not once has anyone said - so how much do you weigh now?!

(And you look fab in your photos Ccrouse!)
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    If you're obese, and on a very low calorie diet (for which you'd probably want the supervision of a physician), it's possible. On the other hand, if you're only a little overweight, or not overweight at all, but just want to slim down, probably not without an overly restrictive, crash diet, and quite possibly not even then. The long term problems with crash diets, including a strong tendency to gain the weight back, are well documented.