How did you find out about MFP?

Options
2»

Replies

• Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    A work colleague. We joined together, but she is no longer looking to lose weight as she is expecting her 2nd child.:happy:
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I found it through a blog I read, Cabin Fever in Vermont. She mentioned in late 2010 that she had used it to get healthy, and shared a link for anyone with one of those pesky New Year's resolutions. :laugh: I didn't have one of those, but I joined anyway.
  • Fit4_Life
    Fit4_Life Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    I was searching a way to log my workout.. Found it in my apps. :-)
  • PandaPop87
    Options
    I originally learned about it through a weight loss course I used to go to at work - a nutritionist told us how great it was and the fact that it was free. I didn't have the internet or a smart phone at the time so I couldn't really use it.

Then a friend of mine joined (thanks Becky!) and she told me all about it so when I went to sign up, my old profile came up! so it came back to get me, and I'm glad it did :D however i started a new profile and everything so that I could start afresh.

Brilliant website, and whenever someone mentions they are trying to lose weight i tell them to check the site out, as it is friendly, informative and lets face it, it really helps with the weight loss!
  • oberon0124
    oberon0124 Posts: 10,527 Member
    Options
    My daughter MLEB2005!!!!
  • BRANDYLYNETTE
    BRANDYLYNETTE Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    My borther in law lost 60 pounds...and when I just started trying eat HEALTHY....no plans of trying to lose weight...just trying to change my eating habits, my mother in law spilled the beans that my brother in law was not only watching what he eats...but tracking his calories throught his website.So.....me and my husband both checked it out and started losing! We love this site!
  • Steffi330
    Steffi330 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I was browsing through the marketplace on my android and saw it..........

Me too!!! 5 star app for free! I said its worth a try and here I am.... 54 lbs later with 55 to go! I'm so happy I found MFP.... nothing else ever worked bc I always thought I had to starve myself to lose the weight!
  • rgoodearl
    rgoodearl Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    My wife told me about it.
  • ccarpe
    ccarpe Posts: 118
    Options
    Phone app
  • batalina
    batalina Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    i used to use FatSecret and its app on my old phone, and when i got my new phone, that app wasn't available for it. the next best thing i could seem to find was MyFitnessPal. at the time, i was grumbly about having to use this app/site as opposed to the FatSecret, which i'd been really into up to that point, but now i love MFP way better :) i love the way the social aspect of it is arranged, it's much better than FS! i think the app is more intuitive and easy to navigate, too! as long as MFP doesn't make any stupid changes (like the Daily Plate on livestrong did... that's what i started off using, years ago and then it started sucking HARD), i think i'll be sticking with it for all of the foreseeable future :)
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I had used FitDay and CalorieKing before. I wanted a calorie tracker that ran as a native app on the iPhone. I found MFP in the App Store and when I installed it I noticed on the splash screen that it said you can also update your diary on the website www.myfitnesspal.com.

To tell you the truth I use the website more than the app now. The app is fantastic, though, because not only is it easier to log stuff with it on the phone instead of mobile Safari, it has that barcode scanner thing which is such a time saver.

The social aspect of MFP is what's kept me coming back. It makes such a difference to my adherence. I really should comment on people's statuses more since I derive a lot of motivation from theirs.

I suspect a lot of people find out about it that way.

Almost exactly this, except it was actually the first I tried. My daughter and I are both using it now, and are getting along really well.
    Thanks to the people who have friended me... I'm new to that aspect of mfp, and am now enjoying the social support aspect.
  • fguillory
    fguillory Posts: 291
    Options
    Someone posted about it on tumblr and I got intrigued
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    That's a good question. It was so long ago that I don't really remember. I think I may have been googling to find a place to log my calories.
  • mistersmithsbox
    Options
    My sister, who is pregnant, uses it to make sure she eats enough (as she battles old ED drama). I decided to give it a go after using SparkPeople, DailyBurn, LIVESTRONG, FitDay, Calorie King, etc. For what MFP offers for free, the others don't compare in the slightest.

osej9u.png
    (Editted because apparently MFP doesn't like my photobucket SN.)