Do you weigh yourself every day?

Options

Replies

• fzafar_64
    fzafar_64 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    i do, but my goal is to not to. I found weighing the same for soo many days without change (or sometimes over :O) killed me, and completely demotivated me. so 2-4 weeks for me is good. but do what suits you best.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    I do it daily 1st thing with no clothes and use it as a benchmark (e.g. am I up due to pizza I ate the day before with lots of sodium? If yes, I may cut back a little that day and drink more water). I try and 'weigh in' once a week, usually Fridays, I measure every other week or so. I am not obsessive about it if I miss a time or two. I tried skipping the daily and found I get too lax. What works for you is best.
  • Stacyanne324
    Stacyanne324 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I do...twice a day usually (when I get dressed for bed and when I first wake up in the morning). I find it keeps me motivated either by providing positive feedback or making me really buckle down and giving me the motivation to turn down bad things. I was logging in every day with what the weight was but I find that the days I have to report a gain it's really hard on me. Like from last Friday to yesterday I lost 1.8 pounds but from Thurs to Fri I gained .6 and all I could focus on was that daily fluctuation when I really did excellent over the course of the week. So, I'm still doing daily weigh in's but I'm not recording except on Friday mornings (good or bad). Of course, on days I've lost I tend to want to throw this out the window and get that loss recorded right away but I'm always very glad on days I've gained some so I'm really trying to stick to this.
  • nwkirk03
    Options
    i did but now i try to weigh in once a week and im trying to only weigh in once a mth so i dont get really discouraged when i dont lose any or if i gain a pd back
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    :smile: :smile: I have graduated from weighing myself every day to weighing once a month. It's so much less stressful. :smile:
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Every morning and night. I am OCD and like constantly knowing what it is. Also, I have noticed most mornings I am 2lbs less than what I was the previous night.

Overkill, probably, but I have done this for years and can not cut the habit.

This is me exactly!
  • mzdawnte
    Options
    I weigh myself first thing in the morning everyday. It really keeps me motivated. I also download an app called Monitor Your Weight from Itunes to log it. The app graphs my weight change so that I can see how my weight fluctuates over time. I don't freak out if the scale is up a few pounds because I know it will drop back down. The crazy thing is my weight seems to fluctuate in the same pattern every week.
  • penmosha
    penmosha Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Did over Xmas - shocked to gain 8lb between xmas eve and boxing day - it was all that compressed meat. Shocking!!! Came off about 2lb a day tho:explode:
    All back off now tho. Now weighing 2x week.again
  • LethaSue
    LethaSue Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Yes and sometimes even more than once a day. Seems to keep me thinking of where I am going and where I want to be.
  • ♥Lexi♥
    Options
    :tongue: YES!!!
  • CallieDerenthal
    CallieDerenthal Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    i weigh myself once (or twice) a week. i used to weigh daily but it was too frustrating (counterproductive) for me. when i get to maintenance mode i plan on weighing three or four times a week (every other day?) for the first couple of months. i'm really worried that i'm going to have trouble figuring out how much to eat/exercise in order to maintain and i want to detect any issues before they get too out of hand!
  • mukamom
    mukamom Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself 3 times every morning. I weigh, move the scale, & repeat. If I see a loss, I need to be sure that it's real.

Hahahaha I do that too
  • irata2012
    Options
    I don't think there is anything wrong with measuring. What can cause problems is having anxiety over the measurements - and this could happen whether they are taken daily or weekly!

I take measurements every day, but try to look at them in the context of a wider set of results. Did I put on a pound? Well, could be a number of things, doesn't matter. Put on 3 pounds over 7 days? Okay, I'm doing something wrong.

I've shied away from taking weekly readings as I know how much my daily readings can fluctuate, so I would presume the weeklies could be that inaccurate too, hence I'd rather have more data to feel confident with the result, than less data.

TL;DR: measure as often as you can, but don't worry about weight fluctuations, it's the overall direction that is important.
  • gemini2267
    gemini2267 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself 3 times every morning. I weigh, move the scale, & repeat. If I see a loss, I need to be sure that it. I do the same thing also
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Whatever motivate you, weight as often or as little as you want.

For me, depend on which diet I'm on. Right now I do weight myself every day because the diet I do, I would lose weight.
    3 months ago, I was on a diet that I would lose inches faster so I only stepped on the scale 1 or twice in every 3 weeks.
  • Jchamp12
    Options
    I do, even though it really isn't a good idea.
  • siabevis
    siabevis Posts: 811
    Options
    I used to but not anymore
  • AScarbrough19
    AScarbrough19 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I have maintained an 80 lb weightloss for several years now and beleive weighing everyday has made the difference. I dont panic over everydays number but when I see a trend of steady increase then I know I am on a slippery slope and need to refocus!
  • missfluffyuk
    Options
    Since I often work early in the morning, I don't weigh myself on those days -- because I don't have time to log on a record it. On days when I don't work, or I'm working from afternoon/mid-morning, I weigh myself and record it every day. I don't really stress over it though -- every week or so I look at my chart, and as long it's on a general downward trend I'm happy :)

I also measure myself once a week or so.
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    daily here