Elliptical Question....

Options
2»

Replies

• karenwill2
    karenwill2 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    totally normal. wiggle your toes..move your feet and it lessens it.
  • twynzmom
    twynzmom Posts: 172
    Options
    I just started using my elliptical (Christmas gift) and only use it 1 minute at a time several times a day so I haven't experienced the numbing/tingling of the feet. But I have found that using my "water socks" or whatever you call the shoes you can wear in the water are lightweight enough to not make my feet feel too heavy when I do any kind of exercise
  • stef_3
    stef_3 Posts: 173
    Options
    This has never happened to me, but I get bored on stationary machines so I find myself moving my feet/stepping with the motion a lot. That is probably why I don't have the problem, maybe that can work for you too.
  • BrianJLamb
    BrianJLamb Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I am telling you...get bigger shoes!!! Seriously!! I do elliptical all the time. My feet were getting numb. Loosened laces and upsized my sneakers a half step. Made a world of difference.
  • Biologize
    Biologize Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am a teacher and EMT. I went to the fire department and got a truck chock. That's a 4 by 4 piece of lumber about 2 feet long. You can get it at any lumber/hardware store, also. I raised up my elliptical with the wood, in the front. This made the elliptical foot placers level with the floor. It raised the front up a bit, and now I don't have that problem at all. I secured it with Gorilla tape, which made it have padding under the wood to protect my floor and stabilize the machine. Love it!
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    Everyone also knows that when you work out your feet swell.... I've heard from a number of trainers that your work out shoes should be half a size larger than you normally wear to accommodate for the swelling.
  • KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    This used to happen to me if my feet got too close to the front and were up against it. Moving my feet back works. I can go an hour or so without issue now as long as I move around.
  • ♥Lexi♥
    Options
    Thanks everyone! :drinker::drinker:
  • jlnk
    jlnk Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Just read an article about this...fairly typical with repetitive motion. Suggestion was to concentrate on wiggling toes every once and a while. I tried this yesterday...a bit awkward at first, but once I got the hang of it, it worked! No more numbness!
  • Iamkim73
    Iamkim73 Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    bump
  • millerhillbabe
    Options
    I actually put my toes up on the front part of the eliptial steps and weight bear on my heals till they "wake-up" then go back to normal position. when they fall alseep I do it again.....
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options