Has anyone had any bad experiences at Walmart?

Options

Replies

• 3ur3ka
    3ur3ka Posts: 230
    Options
    I go to walmart a lot since i have been making jewelry and I like to stay in the aisle for maybe 15 minutes just to make sure I didnt miss anything. So The whole time Im looking for some beads in the back of the store a sales associate named BOB was directly behind watching me. When I went to the next aisle, he went to the next aisle. So then I decide to go to the front of the store to get some cereal and I turn around AND HE's RIGHT BEHIND ME once again. So he and I literally stood there just staring at each other for a minute then he walked away.
    Im not going to draw any conclusions about why he was following me because its pretty obvious but that just made me feel horrible. I was just wondering has anyone else had any bad experience at Walmart? It doesn't have to be like mine just ANYthing lol.

ha! This happens to me a lot. Now I screw with them. If I get something small, I stick it in my pocket. If it is a piece of clothing, I put it under my shirt. I love making them follow me.... all the way to the register! hahahaha!

I know they are just doing their job.. but seriously. Not everyone is out to steal something. The security at my local walmart is a lady who wears black lip liner. I was looking at yarn for a crochet project. I stood there for about 20 minutes trying to figure out color schemes and she started asking me about scrapbooking supplies. ...She does this quite a bit. I think she thinks I don't remember her. The funny thing is, one of my mom's best friends is a cashier there and told me I was being followed by security. She was like "WHAT DID YOU DO!?". Since then, I've screwed with them every time I go in there. It keeps my sanity intact.
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options

You beat me to it!

Ick Walmart creeps me out. If I'm in dire need of toilet paper at 12am for some reason, I'll go in, but I hold my breath and RUN in and out as fast as I can
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Every time I step foot in that place it's a bad experience. Literally. I'm a Target gal.

I stopped last week, got dive-bombed by a bird, they were out of stock of what I wanted, and they forgot to give us our hamburger when we left. Especially infuriating when we live 38 miles away.

Also, I worked there right out of high school for a while. Got sexually harassed by a supervisor. So perhaps I have a bad attitude towards Walmart anyway, but I seriously can't remember a time in the last few years where I left Walmart with happy thoughts about my experience.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    My sister was robbed inside a Walmart store before Christmas. When she realized her wallet and money were missing she ran to customer service. As she was trying to explain to the idiots who worked there the thieves were Checking out and spending over $400 on her credit card. When they finally called the police it was too late to catch them. Same thing happened to me at Kohl's last year.
    You know, I can't stand Wal-Mart and I never shop there, so I certainly don't want to defend them. But why didn't your sister just call the police herself instead of going to the employees?
  • KyliAnnHobson
    KyliAnnHobson Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Um, yeah, I had a 10 year long bad experience of working there. LOL I'm so glad I finally got out of there!
  • timanda2
    timanda2 Posts: 149
    Options
    AMEN!
  • teriojo
    teriojo Posts: 10
    Options
    That must have been awful. Maybe you could contact Walmart and let them know. I would not go there. Just in case they are rude again. I would call or send a letter. That kind of behavior hurts our society.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    think mall cop when u think of BOB......i would keep going to the same store ...then i would walk my happy self to customer service probably on day 2 and ask to speak with a manager and explain how many times and how uncomfortable Bob has made you feel...if you dont speak up he will just keep doing it ...
  • smplycomplicated
    smplycomplicated Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I have been on both sides...I used to work there, and know how they treat their employees..which is one of the reasons why people are so rude there..they just done care..Doesn't give them a reason to be *kitten* i know.. I avoid the place as much as possible. I don't mind paying a few cents more at target so i dont have to deal with the "atmosphere"
  • thor1god1of1awesome
    thor1god1of1awesome Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Trust me not all people at Wally world is bad, my mom works there and she is pretty awesome
  • jasmineheaven
    Options
    I go to walmart a lot since i have been making jewelry and I like to stay in the aisle for maybe 15 minutes just to make sure I didnt miss anything. So The whole time Im looking for some beads in the back of the store a sales associate named BOB was directly behind watching me. When I went to the next aisle, he went to the next aisle. So then I decide to go to the front of the store to get some cereal and I turn around AND HE's RIGHT BEHIND ME once again. So he and I literally stood there just staring at each other for a minute then he walked away.
    Im not going to draw any conclusions about why he was following me because its pretty obvious but that just made me feel horrible. I was just wondering has anyone else had any bad experience at Walmart? It doesn't have to be like mine just ANYthing lol.

ha! This happens to me a lot. Now I screw with them. If I get something small, I stick it in my pocket. If it is a piece of clothing, I put it under my shirt. I love making them follow me.... all the way to the register! hahahaha!

I know they are just doing their job.. but seriously. Not everyone is out to steal something. The security at my local walmart is a lady who wears black lip liner. I was looking at yarn for a crochet project. I stood there for about 20 minutes trying to figure out color schemes and she started asking me about scrapbooking supplies. ...She does this quite a bit. I think she thinks I don't remember her. The funny thing is, one of my mom's best friends is a cashier there and told me I was being followed by security. She was like "WHAT DID YOU DO!?". Since then, I've screwed with them every time I go in there. It keeps my sanity intact.

You really put it under your shirt and they do anything but watch you? lol That rocks. I would never do that though or try to steal anything I wouldnt do anything to anyone that I wouldnt want done to myself.
  • AlmstHvn
    AlmstHvn Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    My husband works at Walmart so I'm somewhat familiar with their procedures.
    That guy wasn't part of the loss-prevention crew - because they are undercover. If he wasn't re-stocking shelves or something, Bob was just being creepy.
    It would've been interesting to challenge him with "Can I help you?" or something, just to call him on it!
  • oberon0124
    oberon0124 Posts: 10,527 Member
    Options
    I would say the better satement would be has anyone had a good experience at Wal-Mart? Not me never. They are not good for the country or for their customers. They wer kicked out of Germany for not treating or paying there employees good enough!!!
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Trust me not all people at Wally world is bad, my mom works there and she is pretty awesome
    She actually works at Walmart? I bet she kicks kittens when she gets home.
  • Mallory0418
    Mallory0418 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I used to work there. My stories could fill up this whole thread. Horror from customers AND co-workers/supervisors. I love Target.
  • 3ur3ka
    3ur3ka Posts: 230
    Options

You really put it under your shirt and they do anything but watch you? lol That rocks. I would never do that though or try to steal anything I wouldnt do anything to anyone that I wouldnt want done to myself.

It isn't stealing until you try to leave the store. :D

It is SO fun. It really is. I'm a jerk though. and I don't know how your walmart works, so I wouldn't try it. But you'd be amazed with the crap I've done to walmart. I went on a Sunday afternoon. I was wearing my favorite FSU striped polo. Well, someone decided it would be a good idea to paint a shelf and not put a sign on it or anything. My arm hit it. Ruined my shirt. I complained to a manager and the manager crawled some really rude girl's butt for painting a shelf on a sunday afternoon when all the happy church goes are in the store in their big dresses and crap. I got a 50 dollar gift card to replace my 3 dollar shirt I got from a yard sale.

I really love screwing with Walmart.
  • padraigin67
    padraigin67 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of family that work at Wal-mart. They are kind and helpful. I have had bad experiences but it has been other customers not store employees. I have stood in the yarn aisle for 30-45 minutes deciding what colors to use. When the "Bob's" hover I simply look at them and ask them what colors do they think would look the best? Do they think this color scheme would make my butt look big, etc. They shake their heads and walk away. I too have worked in retail, you would not believe the gall of some people. Unfortunately that makes you have to watch all people. They have what they call loss prevention goals, and if you do not stay under them then there is hell to pay. Next time I would ask your Bob, do you think these would make a cute necklace, earrings, whatever. Ask him a million questions, he will go away. Plus it is fun to jack with people.:laugh:
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    My sister was robbed inside a Walmart store before Christmas. When she realized her wallet and money were missing she ran to customer service. As she was trying to explain to the idiots who worked there the thieves were Checking out and spending over $400 on her credit card. When they finally called the police it was too late to catch them. Same thing happened to me at Kohl's last year.
    You know, I can't stand Wal-Mart and I never shop there, so I certainly don't want to defend them. But why didn't your sister just call the police herself instead of going to the employees?
    She thought she could get the security to get them before they left the store. It would have been faster then waiting for the police. We live in Philadelphia and know that unless someone is holding a gun to your head, it's going to take a very long time for the police to respond to a theft call. They have much more to worry about in this city. Her husband is a retired police officer.
    Oh by the way, she waited almost 2 hours and they never came. She left the store. Had to go to the police dept. to make a report so she had proof for the Credit Card Co.
  • melisa35158
    melisa35158 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I've never had an experience like...so sorry you did. Next time, give Bob a smile and then ask him politely if you can help him. I would "kill him with kindness". If he keeps it up walk to a manager and let them know that when you are shopping at WalMart you don't need an assistant...and then leave Bob there.