My NSV

Options
Iamkim73
Iamkim73 Posts: 924 Member
I’m from California and I am on a two week long business trip to the east coast starting in FL moving up the coast and then over to OH. Good stuff. I was worried before the trip about what I was going to eat and what being away from my gym was going to do to my exercise routine. I seriously thought I would just accept that I would put on weight and then start over after I get home.

Well, I have been doing fairly well with food and working out. Last night I had a awesome dinner in Savannah and maybe drank more than I planned but portion control was easy for dinner. I even ordered dessert but only had a few bites. This morning I got up and went for a morning run on the waterfront.

I truly feel that I have made a lifestyle change and can manage it under any challenge. That’s success in my book regardless what the scale says when I get home.

:happy:

Replies

• Lisataka
    Options
    Travel is always tough. Tought to eat right, tough to workout. Your right, try to eat as healthy as you can and then for working out, just do something. even if a short time. great work
  • Annieminnesota
    Annieminnesota Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Nice job!
  • manda127
    manda127 Posts: 145
    Options
    Well done!
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you've got it figured out and are working the program. You CAN this!:flowerforyou:
  • azzacca
    azzacca Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I hear ya! We did a cruise a few years ago and my goal was to not gain any weight. That meant treadmill every morning and lots of other walking.

This year we're going to Hawaii again and I know I'll spend time swimming (oceans rock), but will probably have to find another way to keep myself trim. I know we'll be eating out a lot, but there's also a place to get lots of fresh fish; and I intend to get lots of healthy foods for the condo we'll be staying in with friends. I've even promised to cook lots of healthy meals for everyone (they are the kind who enjoy lots of frozen meals).
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!