Whats the best workout at home?

Options
2»

Replies

• tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    30 Day shred Dvd, No more Troubles, Biggest Loser Dvds, There is dancing workout Dvds that are fun, You can find all these at your local Target and Wal-mart they run around 10 bucks each
  • mel090170
    mel090170 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    If you are a Netflix subscriber you can try some of their DVD's, also you can go to You Tube and watch videos people have unploaded. If I really don't want to work out I do Billy Blanks 8 minute Tae Bo, even I can force myself to 8 minutes and since it is an old one and not offered on DVD I get it off You Tube! Good luck! I like to mix it up at home too. My favorite ones are Mari Windsor pliates, (and I hate yoga) Tae Bo, and Kettleworx which is a kettlebell system that comes with the kettlebell and 6 dvds.
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred! It's fun & gives great results. Any of the biggest loser workouts are good too. You can find them all online for free :)
  • sarahbee66
    Options
    Wii zumba! Tried it for first time today and I can already tell that it is going to have great results!
  • NettyB62
    Options
    You can get a lot of dvds really cheap on ebay....I wonder why? lol
    My fav thing to do is get outside and walk!
  • Yetta729
    Yetta729 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I am doing TurboFire ... it's the first work out I stuck with ... It's my5th month and I am still loving it: Chalene Johnson has you do cardio, strength and stretch. It odes not get boring.
    I tried JM 30Day Shred and after a week I was bored out of my mind.
  • michelledyan
    michelledyan Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    My favorite DVD thus far is Leslie Sansone Walk at Home, Walk Your Belly Flat. I read her blog about the calories burned and she wrote that 100 calories are burned for each mile "walked" on her DVD. This particular walking DVD utilizes both arms and legs. Great work out! You will be sweating after this!
  • amythebaker
    Options
    Unless you've practiced yoga before, I wouldn't go with a yoga video. Getting the benefits depends on getting each asana or pose right, and making sure it's right for your abilities. For beginners, that is best accomplished with an experienced teacher.

I admit, I'm a fan of the "Turbo Fire" workout videos...they're expensive, but it's a series of about 12 workouts of varied length, so if you only have 30 minutes while the kids are napping, you can still get in a challenging workout, but if the kids are at a play date, you have hour-long workouts that will kick your butt. The music is great, and the workouts are FUN.

Good luck!
  • cecilia0909
    cecilia0909 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I play kinect, go for walks, do a couple pilates DVD's, play basketball with my kids, and I like to look up work outs on womenshealthmag.com