Okay WTF

Options
Okay guys, I have at least 96 lbs to lose, and I did EVERYTHING I was supposed to this week, I could Not wait to weigh in today. I only lost 0.8lbs, I damn near threw a tempet tantrum. I am so pissed. I dont have that time of the month to blame or anything. I even drank the water. SOOOOOO, has this happend to you guys in the BEGINNING of all times?

Replies

• tjones7
    tjones7 Posts: 306
    Options
    Yes it has happened to me before and I quit, this week I have been working out and eating portions I did slip once but I haven't had any loss. BUT the difference is this time I won't quit.

What is your sodium intake looking like. Suprisingly I am finding that foods that I think are healthy have a BUNCH of sodium.

Keep pushing. Don't quit
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Okay guys, I have at least 96 lbs to lose, and I did EVERYTHING I was supposed to this week, I could Not wait to weigh in today. I only lost 0.8lbs, I damn near threw a tempet tantrum. I am so pissed. I dont have that time of the month to blame or anything. I even drank the water. SOOOOOO, has this happend to you guys in the BEGINNING of all times?
    Yes, just keep punching and let's see where you are in 3 months.

Until then, chill out and realize that it's not a race.
    You are doing fine.:smile:
  • taradactyl81
    Options
    :explode: This happens to me on a weekly basis.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    Options
    "Be not afraid of growing slowly; be afraid only of standing still." -- Chinese Proverb

You only fail if you quit. It is common to have long periods of no movement on the scale. Keep doing the right things, and it WILL happen.
  • rice0122
    rice0122 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This has happened to everyone. When I first started working out and watching my food intake, I didn't see results for about 2 weeks. My workouts consisted of toning excercises. My clothes were fitting better, and I was getting stonger, but the scale didn't show that. I am convinced it was because my body was turning fat into muscle. Because of this, I have made it my fitness goal to not weigh myself for 1 month.
  • candykay0605
    candykay0605 Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    same thing happened to me except i gained 1lbs but as the previous person said I WILL NOT QUIT this time!!!! dont give up it will happen:smile:
  • amonkey9
    Options
    I say keep doing what your doing. It can actually be difficult for your body to switch into weight loss mode. I started weight loss almost a year ago and didn't lose anything until more like 7 months ago.
  • DACouture1979
    Options

Healthy weight loss is 1 to 2 pounds a week, so you weren't that far off the pound mark.

Like posted above it isn't a race just one foot in front of another.
  • Maria_t02
    Options
    this has been the story of my life! ha! But keep it up, it has to come off and it will eventually! :)
  • zoombie_bear
    zoombie_bear Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    a .8 is a great loss:drinker: , don't know why you are having a pitty party, be glad and keep it up
  • SaraCPT
    Options
    Dont get discouraged, the number are moving in the right direction! Remember that healthy weight loss (the kind that stays off) is about 1 - 2 pounds a week, 0.8 is good! Keep working and take it one day at a time. Whatever you do, dont let the number on the scale dictate how you feel, if you are eating right and working hard, feel good about your success, feel great about doing better in your workout or making the right choices. as you progress your clothes are going to look better, you will feel better about yourself and THAT is what our real goal is, not a number on a scale but feeling good in our own bodies!
    Keep at it, dont ever give up and celebrate each day as a new accomplishment!
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    My losses have been all over the map.. 2.5, 1.1, 0.6, 0.8, last week gained 0.4 pounds, and then this week dropped 3.6, so yeah it happens. I've only been on here for a little over a month, and I dropped steady for the first couple weeks... 5 pounds, 4 pounds, 2 pounds and then after that bouncing around like a ping pong ball.. 2 lbs one week.. 0.4 the next. It happens.
  • ritaadkins2002
    ritaadkins2002 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    this happen to me before, just hang in there...and don't give up...it will get better for u ..sometimes we all hit that place where our weight doesnt go no where...it about learning what is best for our bodies. seems like u are doing everything right...just hang in there.
  • doornumber03
    doornumber03 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    This is not a race..... .8 loss is a loss..... First lesson here should be don't get married to the scale. Take your measurements now. Those will show you your improvements. If you live and die by the scale, you'll go crazy. Do the work, find out what your body wants for food intake, and you'll be just fine!
  • sssygirl
    sssygirl Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    This happens to everyone. You cannot just look at the scale. You have to see how are you feeling, have you gained muscle, strength, endurance?
    Also many factors contribute...are you stressed, did you get enough sleep.
    I agree with another poster that said..its not a race. This is a life change..so keep it up!
    Great job on doing what you were supposed to do!! :happy:
  • imatex
    imatex Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Great suggestion to look at the sodium. It makes a big difference, besides; it is hard on the liver and kidneys. I agree, DON'T QUIT!! Discouragement is the greatest weapon used to defeat us. You did lose, just not as much as you wanted. Do you get discouraged if you lose more than you were expecting, I don't think so. Focus on the fact that you did lose, some weeks will be better than others. That is why on all of the commercials, etc. they tell you that people lost an AVERAGE of 15 pounds. Some people lost 5 while others lost 25. Don't give up. Every step in the right direction brings you closer to your goal. You are better off than you were last week, but not as good as you are going to be this time next week. You can do this.
  • nurse_chris
    Options
    Can i ask what you expected the scale to say? Don't get discouraged... this is a lifestyle change, not a quick fix. I know its a lot of cliche, but it takes time for the body to adapt.

As mentioned earlier, 0.8 is a great loss
  • adamsidea
    adamsidea Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    It happens. Don't worry, just stay on the course and it will get better.
  • KandieLantz
    KandieLantz Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    .8 is almost a pound, that's not a bad loss at all! Also.... I have had weeks on end when the SCALE didn't move.... 5-6 weeks at a time as a matter of fact... but, I knew what I was doing was healthy either way... eating good foods and exercising my body... so I kept going... even let someone talk me into eating MORE calories, which I did not want to do because I was scared to death that I'd gain since I wasn't losing at the calorie count I was at... but figured I'd give it a shot at that point... and things starting moving again... this isn't a quick fix... you will have good weeks, bad weeks and hopefully some great weeks thrown in... all added up equal... life... Just keep going... and as stated above... let us know where you are in 3 months ;) You've got this girl, don't quit!
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    You say you did EVERYTHING you were supposed to but your diary is private so we can't offer sound advice.

Are you using a digital food scale to measure and log everything that goes into your mouth? Are you logging all beverages? Are you logging everything you use to cook with like oils, butter, etc.? Do you wear a HRM to accurately measure and log calories burned from exercise? Are all of your settings accurate, especially the lifestyle setting?

To answer your specific question, No. The weight drops off easily in the BEGINNING.