Darn Husbands!

Options
2»

Replies

• Steebs3
    Steebs3 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Good advice!! thank you. I hav read and heard so many people tell me horror stories about the negative results of this virtual world games that people get addicted to and Im afraid for my boyfriend. Before he got laid off, he worked 50 hours a week and all that jazz. I dont want to paint him as a bum cause he hasnt always been like that. Any ways, I think Im just going to keep up my meal plans and work out plans and HOPEFULLY he it kick his butt in gear and have him turn off his computer...for good. THANK YOU.......lately I feel like im at my wits end with it, but seeing as we are practically married..its so hard to just up and leave.
  • staclo
    staclo Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    My husband's best friend became completely addicted to WOW a couple of years ago, and it was definitely horrible. My husband is a big gamer too, but he refuses to play that or any game that he thinks will consume him. It sounds like your BF is a hard worker when he wants to be. Like I said, I really think that the best thing that you can do for him is to be an example, not a nag. I know it's hard though!!! Hang in there! :smile:
  • kelligirl
    kelligirl Posts: 210
    Options
    My Mark is getting with the program, but bad habits die hard...so I'm giving him credit for all the good choices he does make. Tonight I'm having Birthday dinner w/ my "we're in our forties" friend, so I suggested that he order pizza for himself tonight and he can eat it without me having to be there! We both agreed it was a great solution!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Good advice!! thank you. I hav read and heard so many people tell me horror stories about the negative results of this virtual world games that people get addicted to and Im afraid for my boyfriend. Before he got laid off, he worked 50 hours a week and all that jazz. I dont want to paint him as a bum cause he hasnt always been like that. Any ways, I think Im just going to keep up my meal plans and work out plans and HOPEFULLY he it kick his butt in gear and have him turn off his computer...for good. THANK YOU.......lately I feel like im at my wits end with it, but seeing as we are practically married..its so hard to just up and leave.

My recently unemployed mom, who was a workaholic before, has become a HUGE online game player. I think it's an easy way to waste the hours away and forget life. :frown:

If you want to make sure your boyfriend can't play online, steal his CPU power cord. He will hate you but you could always offer it back up to him freely... if he can chase you down to get it. :wink:
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    I have secret stashes of food... I have valentines and easter candy squirreled away in my dresser, because there's nothing more annoying than wanting something sweet and finding everything in the cupboard is gone. Mind you, I said I had Valentines candy--I can have a piece or two and it will satisfy me without blowing my food so much. DH will go through the entire bag.... I've caught him eating my baking chips (which really ticks me off when I go to bake something--I sell cakes and make treats for school and stuff), he bought two boxes of girl scout cookies and had them gone within a day or two (didn't even tell me he had them), and he has now started going after my protein and fiber one bars. I don't mind those so much, because they are better than straight up junk... But it comes back to when I buy them for myself, and I decide I want one, and they are all gone already, I get pissy.

I found out yesterday, he's been in my Valentines candy... I went to get a piece, and there were only 5 hearts left in there (one serving). The last time I had some a couple of weeks ago, there was half a bag left!

He says he wants to do better... but I don't know... I'm running out of stashing places, he's found them all. I understand that maybe I could help him by not having it in the house, but why should I punish myself because he is on a food bender?
  • staclo
    Options
    Ok, not that I condone stashing candy away or anything (lol), but what about a safe? If you kept the key, he'd be out of luck!
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Mine is lucky that at 55 he still has the metabolism of a hummingbird! I'm fortunate in that he will eat whatever I put in front of him, so he's quite ok with my healthy dinners- but the key is I have to put it in front of him. He does things like tell me at 2 o'clock he is starving cause he hasn't eaten breakfast yet...or rather than even putting together a sandwich for lunch he just starves and then he grabs a bag or box of whatever is open.

He is at home all day - I work away from home....I can't babysit his mealplan, but he doesn't get that just cause he's skinny doesn't mean he doesn't need to eat properly. ps - he thinks this way of eating is his weight control plan.....:noway:

That is funny!!

I am my hubby's weight control plan.................

I do low carb and he wants to do it, just doesn't know what to do...........He eats a little more leniantly than I do............

So, I map it out for him............

Breakfast for him:
    3 eggs (boiled, fried or scrambled)
    2 slices bacon
    1 slice whole grain toast with home made sugar-free jam
    4 oz of orange juice

Pack his lunch:
    Low carb wrap with Turkey or pastrami, lettuce, tomato, red onion, spicy mustard
    baby carrots, brocolli, cauliflower, cucumber, radishes with ranch to dip in
    4 bottles of Water, 2 diet cokes
    pear
    orange
    banana

Supper (he heats up when he gets home from work)
    meat that i fixed for myself
    green veggie of some sort
    salad with ranch or caesar dressing
    unsweetened ice tea

I work outside the home also, but it is important to me for him to eat healthy and pretty clean, so I gladly prepare his food for him. That way, for the most part, I know exactly what he is putting in his mouth.
  • staclo
    Options
    LeanLioness,

How many carbs a day do you usually eat? I'm counting calories, but I've learned about the benefits of eating the right kinds of carbs, so I do incorporate what I've learned into my plan as well. Just wondering...