Just started today - a friend or two would be nice

Options
Hi,
I've just started today on this site but have been trying to lose weight and get fit for a week now. I'd like a friend or two to encourage me, preferably female with quite a lot to lose (like me). I'm interested in hearing your experiences and any suggestions you have to make things easier.
Vanessa:smile:

Replies

• Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Hi, feel free to add me. My name is Kim, 48. I have 90 lbs. to lose. We can support each other.
  • cafel3
    cafel3 Posts: 89
    Options
    Hi -- I'll send a friend request too. I've been on MFP for 3 weeks and have 110 lbs to loose.
  • sauci
    sauci Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I haven't got loads to lose 28lbs but I still like to be your MFP... add me if you like.
  • tyra47
    tyra47 Posts: 97
    Options
    HI,
    You can add me as a friend. started on the site in November but i was not using it because I had to have surgery.
    I am now ready to start. I have 75 pounds to lose so maybe we can support each other. Sorry my name is tyra47
  • whitehall
    whitehall Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am new. I have struggled with my weight, most of my life.
    I have 25 pounds to lose. I need friends and motivation!
  • BunnynKC
    BunnynKC Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi! Just wanted to let you know that I have battled weight my entire life. I'm almost 60 years old now and still fighting to get fit and healthy. Don't feel like you're in this battle alone. I'm here. Talk to me!

I quit smoking in Ocotor 2010, gained 20 pounds within an eye blink. The holidays contributed another 10 pounds. Then, my mother suffered a stroke and, as her primary caregiver, I stress ate to the tune of 20 more pounds. Next thing I knew, I was weighing in at 210 lbs and I'm only 5 ft. 2 in. On top of that, I have severe osteoarthritis. My doctor was very blunt, thank goodness, and told me if I didn't get my weight under control, I was going to be in a wheelchair in a matter of 10 years. That's all it took for me. I've lost 30 lbs since June 2011, and I joined the YMCA this week to begin my exercise program. My goal is to lose another 30 pounds to reach my goal weight of 150 lbs.

Now, tell me where you are and where you want to be.