Reebok vs. polar

Options
Ok, I'm considering an HRM, and I am deciding between the Reebok RBK Precision Trainer XT Heart Rate Monitor and the Polar F4 for women.

The reebok one was 60 but is now on sale at amazon for 45 and it got 3.5 stars out of 5 (8 reviews). The polar went up from 80 to 90 on amazon (though I can check local stores for both) and got 4.5 starts out of 5 (13 reviews).

Who has which one and do you like it? The price of the reebok is very attractive as I don't have a ton of extra cash lying around....and right now I have nothing so even a non-top of the line HRM would be better than nothing, but I worry about wasting money on a bad one. Both have chest straps BTW.

Replies

• singfree
    singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    I have a Reebok...does everything very well, no complaints. Paid $30 no tax, free shipping about 2 months ago. Battery change is quick and easy (and cheap, $2). Polar wants you to send it back for an expensive battery change. Why spend a lot of extra money for a name? Reebok is a great product! Nothing against Polar, they are too expensive.
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    I love love love my Polar F4- Go with what works best for you and your money.
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    Plenty of people are happy with the Reebok. Go for the cheaper one.
  • sdwillis35
    sdwillis35 Posts: 40
    Options
    Amy I just bought the Polar F4 and I absolutely love it. I too was considering the Reebok, but didn't want to wait to buy it online so the store made the decision for me. They only sold the Polar. I'm loving it though and its very comfortable!
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I have a Reebok...does everything very well, no complaints. Paid $30 no tax, free shipping about 2 months ago. Battery change is quick and easy (and cheap, $2). Polar wants you to send it back for an expensive battery change. Why spend a lot of extra money for a name? Reebok is a great product! Nothing against Polar, they are too expensive.

Ah, good point, the battery thing did sound like a pain for the polar.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    :love: my Reebok!
    Bought for $20 back on 08/08/08.
    Use it 5x a week, sometimes more.
    LOVE IT. Wouldn't trade it for anything.

The only thing Polar has, for sure, over the Reebok--- the Polar is much cuter.
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    :love: my Reebok!
    Bought for $20 back on 08/08/08.
    Use it 5x a week, sometimes more.
    LOVE IT. Wouldn't trade it for anything.

The only thing Polar has, for sure, over the Reebok--- the Polar is much cuter.

True, the polar is very cute, but my wallet will thank me!
  • jamiesgotagun
    jamiesgotagun Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'm considering an HRM, and I am deciding between the Reebok RBK Precision Trainer XT Heart Rate Monitor and the Polar F4 for women.

The reebok one was 60 but is now on sale at amazon for 45 and it got 3.5 stars out of 5 (8 reviews). The polar went up from 80 to 90 on amazon (though I can check local stores for both) and got 4.5 starts out of 5 (13 reviews).

Who has which one and do you like it? The price of the reebok is very attractive as I don't have a ton of extra cash lying around....and right now I have nothing so even a non-top of the line HRM would be better than nothing, but I worry about wasting money on a bad one. Both have chest straps BTW.

Do either of them monitor anything other than the HR? I was considering getting one that monitors HR and calories burned. It sounds like everyone that has one loves them.
  • singfree
    singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    Both tell you how many cals are burned, fat burned, max HR, avg. HR, plus many other functions.
  • laurae
    laurae Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I bought the Timex T5J983 for about $62 from Target (online). It has a chest strap and works great. It also has a feature for tracking being in your zone with a horizontal bar graph so you can see if you need to pick the pace up or slow it down. It has a zone alarm, too. I considered the Polar F7 women's silver because that particular model of Polar does not need to be sent back to change batteries. I went with the Timex though since it was cheaper, and I had already wasted $60 on a Reebox monitor that did not have a strap.
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I just got a Reebok, and I love it! It's not the cutest, like others have mentioned, but it does the job well. It has a lot of functions, but was still relatively easy to configure. It also has a memory system that tracks your workouts.
  • Sexythighz
    Sexythighz Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I love my POLAR F6! Its lived up to all my expectations! I just upgraded to the Polar RS300 because it has additional features I need for running! I say go with what will be more feasible for you! When I have to invest in my health and fitness I just go for it. Im sure you will make the right choice for you.

Steph
  • mlatiolais
    mlatiolais Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm about to purchase the Polar F6 because a girlfriend of mine recommended it. Happy Birthday to me!
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Put me down as someone disappointed with the Reebok. I find it hard to use and it doesn't have all the features I want. So, yes, it was cheap (paid $30 for it), but now I am in the market for another one that does actually do what I want it to.
  • ma9321
    ma9321 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I LOOOOOOOOVE my Polar F7!