Help! My husband is a chef!

Options
2»

Replies

• armacgregor
    Options
    my husband is a chef too. We have been married for 7 years and I think he always cooks healthier than I do. Fresh ingredients, leaner meats, unprocessed, etc. Maybe what he is cooking is healthier than you think? Just the portion size isn't good. 4-6 oz is pretty small for a protein, but it really is the right size. Up the veggies and make sure to have water. Eat slow and pause because then you won't miss your "full" button. :)
  • elo83
    elo83 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    My husbands a pastry chef and the way I do is basically I do all the cooking at home. He always makes delicious food but its usually at least 500+ more calories than I'd like!
  • elo83
    elo83 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    How am I supposed to stay on track when my chef husband is constantly cooking the most delicious and fattening things in the world??? I watch him and my son eat to their heart's content, and I'm jealous! When I put on weight, it shows all over - especially in my face :( I am in need of some serious encouragement!

Welcome to the club! My husband is a chef AND a baker. I try to get him to maybe not use so much butter and milk in things and is it just me or does it usually take them like 30 dishes/pots/pans to make soup...eternally cleaning the kitchen in virginia (sigh)
    I'm here for you if you need encouragement.

HA!!! Seriously! I swear he uses EVERY.SINGLE.POT.PAN we own! They're just used to other ppl cleaning for them and forget that when they're cooking at home!
  • LisaBirren
    Options
    I met my hubby in college - he was in Culinary and I was in business. I lucked out - he's amazing!!
  • trdy77
    trdy77 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    My hubby was in enviromental engineering when we met, he decided to go to culinary school about 6 months before we got married.
  • casshole
    casshole Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Ask him to make healthier foods more frequently. I'm sure he can whip up some amazing low-cal/fat foods for you! :) Otherwise, load up on the veggies (salads, etc) to compensate if theres something in particular that you must just have. Also, hit the gym a bit harder to "deserve" the good meals, and if he plans meals in advance, plan accordingly! Maybe have some certain meals/dishes or have a couple meals a week with the family, and fend for yourself the rest of the time. Go for a walk or workout while they're eating, so you dont have to watch them and drool! Hope this helps, and good luck!! :smile: