alcohol and diets

Options
OK... Im on a diet but I am not dead!! Biggest mountain ever... I like to have a drink or two but the calories put me over !!

I dont drink everyday ... only once a week and today is the day ! If my lbs go up tom I will be depressed !! I need support please help... everyone here is drinking !!! :drinker:

Replies

• lilithe1
    lilithe1 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Are you out with friends right now? I would alternate one real drink like gin & tonic, then low-sodium club soda/perrier with lime. As long as you don't drink anything really dark or fruity, you should be okay. I saw a post somewhere else that said diet coke and bacardi was 97 calories I think?
  • lauriejayne813
    lauriejayne813 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Pay attention to what you are drinking. Try gin on the rocks with a twist of lime. I drink vodka and a twist of lime for 65 calories. Have it over ice and it even lasts longer and you don't over-drink. Also Jameson on the rocks with a twist of lemon is only 68 calories.
  • Olivia1977
    Olivia1977 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Skinny Girl Margaritas!! Yummy and only 35 calories per 1.5 ounces.
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    I second alternating a real drink with water - I usually have wine but if I'm being careful about calories, vodka with lime or lemon in Pellegrino is great!
  • mysti00
    mysti00 Posts: 32
    Options

Yes, and I found another called Ivanna B Skinny Margaritas or something like that... it tastes even better than skinny girls!
  • trout78
    trout78 Posts: 102
    Options
    What about alternating a drink with a glass of water? For me it's about having something in my hand...doesn't mean it has to be alchohol all the time!
  • ogosun
    ogosun Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Pay attention to what you are drinking. Try gin on the rocks with a twist of lime. I drink vodka and a twist of lime for 65 calories. Have it over ice and it even lasts longer and you don't over-drink. Also Jameson on the rocks with a twist of lemon is only 68 calories.

GOOD TASTE.... what kinda of vodka? Jameson is so so good... thanks for the calorie amounts on those....pretty low
  • auntied
    auntied Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Sorry I have Jack and diet Coke EVERY NIGHT! Like you said we aren't dead and it's not a diet it's a live style change LOL
  • koko65
    koko65 Posts: 33
    Options
    I drink skinny pirates aka diet cola and bacardi and its about 85 cals. and I read some where that the ligher liquiors such as vodka, light run, gin etc have less calories. also there's red wine which is about 90 cals for a 5 oz glass, which is how much they usually serve to you, and its about 90 cals a glass, and red wine is also suppose to have other health benefits. :smile:
  • thatsnumberwang
    thatsnumberwang Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    It's crazy how high calorie alcohol is. Plus it interferes with fat burning while you're processing it. Unfair. On days you're planning to indulge maybe you could work out a little extra?
  • AnAmericanGirl2
    AnAmericanGirl2 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    If you have the MFP app on your phone you can scan bar codes and it knows the calories of alcohol. I agree with everyone else, you deserve to drink...just make the right choices. If you go over on your calories one day a week, so be it! :)
  • meganamber86
    meganamber86 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    There is a drink around where I live called a "skinny *****" its vodka h2o splenda packet and two lemons. Shake it up serve over ice!!! Tastes like a lemon shake up from the fair.
  • meganamber86
    meganamber86 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Mvp?
  • allnewellie
    Options
    Jose Cuervo Light is AWESOME!

Also, I drink vodka & low acid OJ or diet cranberry every so often, and make sure I work it into my calorie schedule for the day.

Be sure to really push the water before AND after alcohol, and increase your walking the following day to help the system flush it out.

:)
  • Dawna954
    Dawna954 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I have whatever I want to drink on Fridays and then maybe one other day, like today... I have a couple of glasses of red wine.
    I make sure I watch what I eat and get my exercise in. That way I don't feel guilty and I had a great day and am still under my calorie intake for the day. It is all about moderation. If you want to indulge then do a bit longer on the treadmill or eliptical. Enjoy! You only live once!
  • bigtone34
    bigtone34 Posts: 136
    Options
    Just do it in moderation. I used to drink every night, now only 1 time/week or every 2 weeks and switched from high calorie budweiser to 55 calorie bud select. I also only have a couple when i do drink.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    OK... Im on a diet but I am not dead!! Biggest mountain ever... I like to have a drink or two but the calories put me over !!

I dont drink everyday ... only once a week and today is the day ! If my lbs go up tom I will be depressed !! I need support please help... everyone here is drinking !!! :drinker:
    I severed my connections with fat friends and drinking friends.
    Nature abhors a vacuum, and new fitness oriented people connected with me.

The people we hang out with effect us, and you need to decide how important reaching your fitness goals really are.
    When I am around people drinking heavy, I do likewise.
    When I am around people binge eating, I do likewise.

It's self-defense. Some here might be stronger than I - hats off to you!
    I am not, so I broke away from such people and am now associated with some new, wonderful and supportive friends.
    Our common interest?
    HEALTH AND FITNESS!
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    My wife drinks about two glasses of champagne every day and she is a size 0/2.
  • kykykenna
    kykykenna Posts: 656 Member
    Options

I drank the bottle with a friend. That added up quick....lol
  • agentscully514
    agentscully514 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    watch out for mixers ... they are loaded with sugar! Go for diet coke, club soda, diet tonic water. Beer can be very high calorie as well, which makes me sad because I love it.