Does anyone NOT like P90X?

Options
I've heard a lot of ranting and raving so I decided to try this program myself and I just really don't like it :frown: I don't know why, maybe because DVD's in the house is just not for me? No one there to push me and say "do one more!" I just find the DVD's LONG and sometimes boring not to mention they are too hard for me to do. I've not been able to finish one DVD. Most of the exercises are 25 reps and that's is long for me, I'm thinking "c'mon! already let's move on!". I dunno why I feel this way. I want my exercise to be fun, not long and drawn out and mentally painful (I accept it should be physically painful). :brokenheart:

Replies

• RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Even though they are really tough, and I have trouble completing all of Plyo, I've never really seen them as long and drawn out. Hope you find something that works for you though! :flowerforyou:
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    I guess I feel that way about it when I'm really cranky and stalled too long to get started. But it's hard to hate it for too long considering the results I get from sticking with it.

Hope you find something you can stick with!
  • mlatiolais
    mlatiolais Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My husband (Active Duty Army), all his buddies, and myself all LOVE P90X.

The thing it remember is it is advanced. Not everyone is in the shape to do everything right away. The key is the pause button, and learning to modify! If you can't do 25 'real' push ups, do what you can, and do the rest on your knees. Or do 10-15, hit pause, shake your arms out and tackle the rest.

You can do it!:smile:
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options

The thing it remember is it is advanced. Not everyone is in the shape to do everything right away. The key is the pause button, and learning to modify! If you can't do 25 'real' push ups, do what you can, and do the rest on your knees. Or do 10-15, hit pause, shake your arms out and tackle the rest.

I still do some pushups on the arm of my couch (especially one-handed and clap ones), hehe. I'm a weakling so it still gives me a decent burn in the right places.
  • mlatiolais
    mlatiolais Posts: 9 Member
    Options

I still do some pushups on the arm of my couch (especially one-handed and clap ones), hehe. I'm a weakling so it still gives me a decent burn in the right places.

Hey thats all that matters! I have trouble doing 'real' pushups myself, so your not alone. My husband makes me sick the way he can just knock them out! lol
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I like the results and the changes in my body, but at the end of phase 3, I'm burning out on it. I think I just miss the social component of the gym and I"m a cardio addict - I love seeing how many cals I"m buring (but I still do weight training). I think the start of the DVD's makes me think - ugggh, 45 min left, but all of hte sudden it's done.
  • leshawnturner
    leshawnturner Posts: 382
    Options
    I've never done P90X, but I have done Power 90. I liked power 90. From what I've read it is easier than P90X. However, I understand your trouble because while I liked power 90 after I progressed from the 1-2 level to the 3-4 level I quickly got bored because the 3-4 level was the exact same thing we did in the 1-2 level!!!:noway: :explode: I like working out with the DVDs but I like variety or else I'll get bored and I won't do it. If you don't like to workout to DVD's DON'T DO P90X.:sick: You will get bored and discouraged!!:sick: :brokenheart: :grumble: Find something to do outside or at the gym if you like the gym. Find something fun to do!!! You are right, working out should be fun and you should do something that makes you have fun. I'm still looking for something fun to do for my consistent workouts (I'm not the out doorsy type or the athletic type), but I hope you find something!!! :bigsmile:

Good luck!!! :love:
  • Chiny
    Chiny Posts: 321
    Options
    Thanks everyone...I do want to clarify that I do not "officially" follow the P90X. I run/walk outside in my neighborhood while my kids ride their bike, that I love. I also do boxing with a trainer. Nothing official, we just meet at the park and we train there. I'm not in a ring fighting or anything. That I love. With the P90, I only have certain DVD's depending on the stuff I like. I have the AbripperX, the Yoga, the Plyometrics, Kenpo and Legs and Back. I do those just here and there whenever. Maybe because I'm not officially doing it, it becomes just whatever :huh: