4 ounces turkey sausage 224 20 12 12 0
    6 eggs and 6 egg whites 531 72 27 0 0
    1 can (132 gram) drained sliced mushrooms 33 2 0 7 3
    1 cup shredded cheese 330 18 28 0 0
    1/2 cup diced onions n peppers (can use frozen) 16 0 0 4 0

Total 1134 13 67 23 3
    Total Per Serving 189 19 11 3.8 0.5
    Net Carbs Per Serving 3.3

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 6-cup large muffin tin with cooking spray or line with
    paper baking cups. Remove sausage from casings and place in a nonstick skillet (along with
    peppers and onions if desired). Cook sausage until no longer pink. Remove from heat and
    let cool slightly. In a bowl, beat the eggs and then stir in mushrooms and sausage. Divide
    mixture evenly into the muffin cups. Bake for 17-20 minutes, until knife inserted in the center
    comes outs clean. Let cool and then place in sandwich bags and refrigerate. Microwave
    about 50 seconds and enjoy!!

***** I love these muffins and they are delicious, the recipe make 6, one for each day (sunday is usually when I make more). I put the leftovers in the fridge or freezer and pop them in the morning and reheat for 50 secs. Fast and very delicious!!!!****

Looks so good I think I might try making these!!
  • jquick823
    Options
    First thing I have upon waking is a protein shake. It completely stops the hunger issue dead in it's tracks first thing. They are easy and quick and are portable. For most of the people here trying to keep calories low along with carbs and fat look at this protein shake as an option. The serving size is 2 scoops but one would be enough.

http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2929310

I don't work for GNC or ISOPURE just giving quick, easy portable options.
  • ptoleary
    Options
    Make all of you food on sunday for the week and pack you lunches get a cool bag and off you go you wont go to any fast food because you will have your food with you

http://www.youtube.com/user/barthelfitness
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    In my purse I always have: an apple, some nuts, and a clif bar. I eat them throughout the day as snacks or on the way to work in a rush. It really helps when you're in a situation where you're so hungry you'd eat anything and - oh wait! I have snacks! :smile:
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    I usually stop at the corner store and get a Little Debbie Cosmic Brownie or a bag of Cheetos and a Rockstar.
  • ShaeDetermined
    ShaeDetermined Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I usually stop at the corner store and get a Little Debbie Cosmic Brownie or a bag of Cheetos and a Rockstar.

trouble maker!!!

the entire last school year i would take grilled salmon over a baby spinach based salad (with grape tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, chic peas, etc depending on my mood and how much time i had).

i always kept a pkg of arnold's sandwich thins or thomas' whole grain english muffins in the fridge at work and would eat one with my salad if i was feeling particularly hungry, or if i got in a lunchtime workout and needed the additional calories.

i would grill the salmon for the week on sunday so throwing the lunch together took under 2 minutes.

this year however, i dont know why but i cant get myself to eat that everyday, so my lunch varies with some good and some not so good choices....
  • kittybitz79
    Options
    Breakfast
    Hard boiled eggs and 1/2 cup of cereal
    Apples with peanut butter
    Life cereal bars

Quick snacks
    Skinny cow snacks
    Cheese sticks
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    SAUSAGE EGG MUFFINS – MAKES 6 SERVINGS WEEK 1 RECIPE

Calories Protein Fat Carbs Fiber
    4 ounces turkey sausage 224 20 12 12 0
    6 eggs and 6 egg whites 531 72 27 0 0
    1 can (132 gram) drained sliced mushrooms 33 2 0 7 3
    1 cup shredded cheese 330 18 28 0 0
    1/2 cup diced onions n peppers (can use frozen) 16 0 0 4 0

Total 1134 13 67 23 3
    Total Per Serving 189 19 11 3.8 0.5
    Net Carbs Per Serving 3.3

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 6-cup large muffin tin with cooking spray or line with
    paper baking cups. Remove sausage from casings and place in a nonstick skillet (along with
    peppers and onions if desired). Cook sausage until no longer pink. Remove from heat and
    let cool slightly. In a bowl, beat the eggs and then stir in mushrooms and sausage. Divide
    mixture evenly into the muffin cups. Bake for 17-20 minutes, until knife inserted in the center
    comes outs clean. Let cool and then place in sandwich bags and refrigerate. Microwave
    about 50 seconds and enjoy!!

***** I love these muffins and they are delicious, the recipe make 6, one for each day (sunday is usually when I make more). I put the leftovers in the fridge or freezer and pop them in the morning and reheat for 50 secs. Fast and very delicious!!!!****
    These turned out awesome and my husband loved them! Thanks so much for the recipe. :smile:

(I sauteed the peppers, onions and mushrooms in water, beat 8 eggs with 1/3 cup of milk and mixed in the cheese, pre-cooked turkey sausage crumbles, vegetables and baked for 25 minutes.)
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Always think ahead! Cooked boneless chicken, Tuna, hard cooked eggs, bagged salad, low calorie whole grain breads and pitas, yogurt, whole wheat crackers and cheese, piece of fruit, cut up veggies, low fat popcorn.
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    Prep everything the night before and then just grab and go.
  • tiedye
    tiedye Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I make extra dinner and keep it in a glass lock container, heat it up at work for a delicious hot lunch.