Help with weight lifting?

2»

Replies

• purple_punk
    purple_punk Posts: 174 Member
    I lift weights during my Body Pump class, recommend it if they do classes at your gym
    At my few years ago when i went gym a lot I used to lift 14.5kg on each side of bar during my squats now i've only joined the gym recently and doing 8.8kg on each side at the moment, the classes I go to are mostly full of ladies lifting and they dont look bulky just lean, the classes are an hour long at my gym. I do body pump 3-4 times a week
  • kathleennf
    kathleennf Posts: 606 Member
    Lots of great advice and references here- I'm bookmarking!! :laugh:
  • ruby_red_rose
    ruby_red_rose Posts: 321 Member
    bump
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,218 Member
    Bump
  • Raclex
    Raclex Posts: 238
    I'm old school I guess. I'm sure the recommended books are great, but it's quite simple. Work on proper form with no weight first, then begin to challenge yourself, lifting 1-2 warm up sets and 3-5 working sets for 8-12 rep will get that muscle on you. Lifting 4-5 sets for 5 rep of really heavy a** weight will build strength and of course muscle, but that rep range is going to make you stronger.....you need both, even days where your rep range is 12-20 is beneficial for endurance. the key is FORM FORM FORM! if let's say you're lifting for 12 rep, by rep 8-9 it should be taxing, almost struggling for those last 2-3 rep, that's how you know the weight is appropriate, if doing 5 rep for strength, rep 3 should be your peak. If you ever complete your set and feel like you can keep going...up that weight!

Wow! Thank you for putting it in everyday people language! I actually understand this and can apply it as well. You look fabulous by the way!
  • Joyce Vedrals Fat burning workout did a perfect job for me when I lost 64lbs 10 years ago. I picked it back up . Great book ! It is older so search amazon.