I lost a lot of motivation and confidence..

Options

Replies

• jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    I would handle it with the following words, " Oh my God, Thank You so Much that was the look I was going for, oh yeah, by the way, You're a C U Next Tuesday" Oh and I would also say, I can always lose weight, but unfortunately for you, you're always gonna be an *kitten*. My favorite thing to say to people I don't know that may have pissed me off in public is this. Start, clapping as loud as you can, and then tell them Congratulations, you just won the biggest *kitten* of the day reward, keep acting the way you act and you are a sure winner for the *kitten* of the year award.
  • Mandalola
    Options
    She's done you a favour by showing her true colours. Don't get into a debate with her. Treat her comments like *kitten* on your shoe - wipe it off and carry on walking. Avoid her if possible and if you can't make sure you use your emotional trash can for comments like that. They will come and go from all sorts of people for the rest of your life - even when you are thin - so don't take them onboard. Wipe if off and carry on. You're doing great. Stay strong.
  • shelmac
    shelmac Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Real friends would tell you nicely if things can be improved on, that is down right nasty, as the other have said Unfriend xx
  • scoyne999
    scoyne999 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Wow. What an awful person to say that to you. Mean, jealous and downright nasty.

Unfriend this person immediatly and email them (don't start a FB war) saying you were very hurt and s/he should be ashamed for the comment.

Don't think twice - unfriend and stay away from this toxic person!
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Tell her to f.u.c.k off the nasty cow, block and delete her a.s.s and please don't dwell on her words D:

You've done really well and if you let a jealous toad like her affect you, she'll have won!
    Keep being determined and from what I can see off your DP you're not even fat!! You have a gorgeous figure!!

Ohmagawwwwwwd I'm so angry for you right now, I want to batter her

^^This!^^ Some people just dont deserve air time, let alone friendship! Forget her and move on!

Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • LisaC1026
    LisaC1026 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    Hopefully you have deleted the mean, hateful comment. You need to confront this "friend" and let them know that they are totally out of line and tell them how hard you've worked to get to where you are. If they really feel that it makes them feel better to put you down then they need to look else where because you're not going to put up with it.

You've done a great job and you know it. Don't let someone else's negativity bring you down. Use their stupidity to rev your confidence back up and prove to yourself that you can continue to lose more weight. You can do this, keep your chin up!!! :flowerforyou:
  • mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    agree unfriend then give us an address so we can go round and TP the house
  • grannygethealthy1111
    Options
    You call this person a friend? Delete her and don't give it another thought.
  • Sloth_Jog
    Options
    give us an address so we can go round and TP the house

(raises hand) i will be part of this nocturnal TP raid!

and by the way, ahem, 'Takes one to know one' nyah nyah nyah. Usually the first person to point out who is a stripper *kitten* is usually the person who has the most 'issues' with stripper *kitten*. Go figure.

:flowerforyou: Keep up your good work and don't let negative people get you down...
  • richfaber
    richfaber Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am sorry this happened but your motivation and confidence should not come from the opinion of others- good or bad. All that matters is what you believe. Some say you shouldn't publicly proclaim your goal and progress to any and all (MFP is the exception). There are many people who want you to stay as you are or even want to see you fail. They see the success of others as somehow reducing their status. MFP friends are right, negative comments from others reveal that they are not your friends. A real friend loves you however you are- they love the fat you, they love the thin you. Changing your thoughts to ones of health and success will change your body but also your wider circumstances- having a positive affect on others, improved job prospects and gaining new friend and leaving others, like the Facebook "friend", behind if needed.

Repeat to yourself every day why you are doing this. Mark your progress. People will take notice and will compliment you. Keep going!
  • Jacole18
    Jacole18 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    holy ****!!! you should end the friendship with that person...that is beyond rude.
    just remember, this journey is for YOU and NO ONE else! Who cares what people think....you look great and are very beautiful!! Keep up the good work, and the best revenge is getting to goal! ;)
  • ahinescapron
    ahinescapron Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Don't say anything...delete friend immediately!
  • kirstysnan
    kirstysnan Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    She's jealous. Has she also got weight to lose? she's afraid you're going to look better than her - perhaps you already do. There are 'friends' who want you to stay as you are because it's less threatening to them.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    i'm sorry she didn't tell you everything you wanted to hear.
  • empresslove13
    empresslove13 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Say nothing. Put the person on restricted or unfriend. it says a lot more about what is wrong with them than you! You are doing your thing!!!
  • ElleOQuent
    ElleOQuent Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Rid yourself of noxious individuals ; it will make your journey infinitely better.
  • deltagreen
    deltagreen Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Unfriend.

This.
    Ditto.
  • Tdnb00
    Tdnb00 Posts: 7
    Options
    you're friends with a person who calls you a fat *kitten* (or says that you look like one)?
  • parvati
    parvati Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I would delete the comment & the "friend" & move on.

Who knows the reason behind her nasty comment but you don't need that in your life!
  • Ladyloraella
    Ladyloraella Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    The person sounds jealous. Even IF people think that about the picture they wouldn't go so far as to insult you, they'd just move on so the fact they had to bring you down. They can probably see you're losing the weight and just wants to be a arsehole.