I can run a mile in 12 .5 hours flat!

Options
Hello. I am actually very nervous about going public with my weight struggles. I have been overweight all of my life; I weighed 171 pounds in the sixth grade. My physician recommended this site and so far it seems easy enough to navigate. I love food and I am a compulsive eater. My highest weight was 290. I lost 70 pounds and kept it off for 4 years. After an angry fight with my thyroid (which I lost) I gained back 30. My thyroid is now under control, so I am starting again. I want to see a number "1" as the first digit of my weight. that's the first goal.

Replies

• LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    welcome! I'm happy you found us. I think this is the best site ever for weight loss.
  • valw97
    valw97 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I think you'll find the support and encouragement you need here.:wink:
    Glad to have you! You can do it!!!:bigsmile:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Best intro line I've seen in awhile! :laugh:

Welcome & good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • angguad0406
    angguad0406 Posts: 11
    Options
    Welcome to the site...this is my second day and I am hooked. I love the whole experience and hope you do too. You will get to your go with good motivation and a great support system. God bless and good luck
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,987 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    Welcome to MFP
    This is a great site. Take the time to learn about all the great features and use them.
    You will succeed if you work hard.:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Take it one day at a time
    Stay open minded to new ideas
    Take baby steps
    Drink lots of water:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Find a group to be part of and check in with them every day.

It helped me to plan my food ahead of time and log it before eating.:bigsmile:
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Good for you for coming here. Hope to see you around often!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • cferriman
    cferriman Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Welcome, this site is awesome it should help a lot. I started using it everyday almost two weeks ago and I am done 9lbs. You will get lots of support here.

GOOD LUCK!

190779.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • Brittany_Kayy
    Brittany_Kayy Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Congrats on finding the site.
    I just found it like a week ago and I adore it.
    I have made 12 friends so far.. and have talked to some very supportive and friendly ppl.
    We are here for you, I am here for you.
    If ya need any motivation you've come to the right place. These ppl at MFP kick butt!!!!!
    :]

Good luck on your journey!!!
    -Brittany:flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. I think you will love this site. I do. This site is so supportive, helpful, motivational, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    Hi, I am so glad that you found this site. I know that you will do very well. :heart: I am part of an over 200 club on this site and it is nice to have someone who knows what it is like to want to have their weight to start with a 1. Believe me that sounds so nice right now. :heart: Let's do this together. :flowerforyou: Welcome. below is the link to the over 200 club.:flowerforyou:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/50881-over-200-club-week-7-open-group?page=5#posts-609535
  • czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    Options
    The greatest thing about this site is that no one judges you everyone helps you and the encouragement is constant. Learning to count your calories, holding yourself responsible is so empowering. I pretend that everyone on the site can see my food log, they can't, but I pretend, that way I make myself responsible to myself and all my support net! Welcome, We can do this, one day at a time.