Binge last night. what to do today

Options

Replies

• roleypoleycoley
    roleypoleycoley Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I guess yesterday was a day of over-eating, I too over did it with alcohol and cheese, but I logged it then I added an extra 15 min to my cardio today to make the guilt go away. :happy:
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    so i ate 2 christmas cookies
    You still have Christmas cookies?
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    You might need some advil or extra water.. I always feel those help after especially great happy hours.....

Other than that, process with business as usual today.
  • juliep1974
    juliep1974 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Eat what you normally would eat. We all have days like that. When I have a day like that I just start over today. It is a new day and a new fight. I wouldn't limit your food today just because of yesterday.

I agree with this. if you starve yourself today to make up for yesterday it will likely just lead to another binge. We all slip once in awhile, we're human. The most important thing is to get right back on track.
  • angieread
    angieread Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I agree with pretty much everyone else. Chalk yesterday up to a binge day and start over today! Usually the day after a really bad day I try to drink twice as much water and get a good workout in! You'll flush out some of the toxins you put into your body yesterday and feel MUCH better about yourself. Eat your regular daily calories today and in the coming days. Just get back on track and remember how you feel today about yesterday's binge.
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Today is a brand new day, nothing you can do about yesterday. Smile and enjoy your new day.
  • dchris99
    dchris99 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of water, try to fit in an extra 30 min of Cardio & get back on it. I tend to turn a Saturday blowout into a weekend, with the "I'll start Monday mentality". Life happens it is how we react that counts.

I read this yesterday & I love it!!! Hope it helps someone else.

Sayin' '" oh I've already blown it & eating like crap the rest of the day" is like droppin' your phone &saying "Oh well", and continuing to smash it to pieces.
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Fear not! If you take a serious dive one day, where you're mind goes all mushy and after going over only 200 calories, you convince yourself the day is such a waste and then you proceed to go 2000 over. I had a day in mid december where I stopped by dunkin doughnuts to buy a coffee where I couldn't keep it together and ate an entire dozen doughnuts in the matter of 10 minutes, skyrocketing my calories for the day to over 8000! I splurged (seriously) over the holidays, going from 234 to 251 from 23 - 2 January. Today, I'm back down to my pre-holiday weight.

I believe it's more important to watch what you eat between new years and Christmas than between Christmas and new years.

It's as simple as getting back on track and being consistent with your nutrition and your gym / workout schedule.

Don't let one day set you back mentally.
  • Clintthecoolguy
    Options
    Oh, wow. All that food you mentioned sounded REALLY good! Haha :)
  • ChrisYVR
    Options
    I would eat what you would normally eat today. If you try to make it up, then you are setting yourself up not to succeed. One of the things I try to remember is how ancient cultures ate - hunting and gathering with just enough to get by the vast majority of the time and periodically they would feast. Sometimes when I go over, I'm surprised that my weight doesn't go up. Good luck.
  • candeebandland
    Options
    Okay so I drank last night and overate.....seems like Alcohol was the culprit in all of our fun LOL ....but guess what? We're all here today!!! and that in itself means more than what we ate or didn't eat last night! Hopping back on our wagons!
  • candeebandland
    Options
    Fear not! If you take a serious dive one day, where you're mind goes all mushy and after going over only 200 calories, you convince yourself the day is such a waste and then you proceed to go 2000 over. I had a day in mid december where I stopped by dunkin doughnuts to buy a coffee where I couldn't keep it together and ate an entire dozen doughnuts in the matter of 10 minutes, skyrocketing my calories for the day to over 8000! I splurged (seriously) over the holidays, going from 234 to 251 from 23 - 2 January. Today, I'm back down to my pre-holiday weight.

I believe it's more important to watch what you eat between new years and Christmas than between Christmas and new years.

It's as simple as getting back on track and being consistent with your nutrition and your gym / workout schedule.

Don't let one day set you back mentally.

I did bad over the holidays as well and gained 10lbs...MUCH TO MY SURPRISE...I have lost 7 lbs of it in a week! I hadn't seen that much weight loss in one week in forever..I think I shocked my body or something..I'm back on track and learning from my mishaps. I remember days of eating multiple donuts... : ) Thank God I stay away from those spots!
  • laura328
    laura328 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    i did it too! was totally good yesterday and right on track with my calories and then i hit the wine and got into the christmas chocolate that i- no kidding - stashed in the garage so i wouldn't see it. yeah....out of sight is apparently not out of mind cuz i trekked out into the garage in my jammies and gorged on chocolate santas! so mad at myself today but i agree with the posts on here. i'm not gonna starve today, just gonna get in some exercise and get back on track. oh and i am NOT going to weigh myself!
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    When you binge all of a sudden and then notice immediate weight gain, your body is holding on to extra water weight. The sooner you get back to "regular" the sooner that influx will readjust.
  • ncrissey460
    ncrissey460 Posts: 97 Member
    Options

yeah i live with my parents so of course mom made a crap load and then i didnt eat any this year ( i think ive had 5 the whole holiday) they have been sitting on the counter taunting me so last night i gave in lol
  • okinmaine
    okinmaine Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start day fresh. DO NOT beat yourself up. I belonged to a Binge Eaters forum for a long time and this is the most important thing I learned! You came here, took responsibility for what happened. Leave it here and move on. One day at a time.....You will get where you want to be.
  • ncrissey460
    ncrissey460 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the support. I ate really light today but ive been eating what i normally eat. Its 5:45 and i actually am under on my calories by 300 and im not hungry. Just been slugging the water for most of the day.
  • dreamtoned10
    dreamtoned10 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Wow to be honest I was expecting it to be a lot worse. Im a binge eater trying to recover.....and that isnt close to any binge Ive ever had....Ive eaten upto approx 5000 cals in a binge, which would be 6 bars of chocolate, bags of sweets, two dinners, tubs of icecream, and with no control over it. Trust me, youll be fine if thats as extreme as your eating went.
  • lizzyliz79
    lizzyliz79 Posts: 43 Member
    Options

Hahahaaha!
  • maryjay51
    maryjay51 Posts: 742
    Options
    just call it a day from yesterday and get back on track..no biggy.. hopefully you enjoyed every morsel at least