I've lost 30lbs thanks to my family!

Options

Replies

• Allison128
    Allison128 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic. I was never tiny, but I wish to be - I am about your height and about your start weight. What did you do to change so much?

thank you! I honestly just listened to the MFP forums... took advice from the amazing people on here. I try to measure my food, eat cleaner ( brown rice instead of white), actually have one serving. I exercise...nothing crazy ( 30 min cardio/ 30 min weights) I aim for 3x a week... realistically its 1-2 x per week. I walk the dog. switched to light beer. Just take it 1 pound at a time.... it will come off. I have gained a few back since my honeymoon in august... trying to not get back to where I was.

Eat a lot of protein... eat off a smaller plate/ bowl.....

surround yourself with supportive MFP friends! Good luck!
  • ItsJustK
    ItsJustK Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    thank you! I honestly just listened to the MFP forums... took advice from the amazing people on here. I try to measure my food, eat cleaner ( brown rice instead of white), actually have one serving. I exercise...nothing crazy ( 30 min cardio/ 30 min weights) I aim for 3x a week... realistically its 1-2 x per week. I walk the dog. switched to light beer. Just take it 1 pound at a time.... it will come off. I have gained a few back since my honeymoon in august... trying to not get back to where I was.

Thank you for the reply. Your weight loss is inspirational to me - i wanna look like you!!! :) Congratulations to you & your family.
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    What a great story. Thanks for sharing.

Best wishes in you new married life.
  • bflicker11
    Options
    LOVE YOUR STORY!!!!! You both look wonderful!!!
  • memobe
    memobe Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I loved your story, thanks for sharing! Congrats to you and Cody....you both look fab! :)
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I love this story! Congratulations to you and Cody! We have a rescue poodle that someone literally threw out a moving car window...THANKFULLY my step-mom was behind them and she brought her to us. Sweetest little dog ever.
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    awe, I love it!
  • Allison128
    Options
    I love this story! Congratulations to you and Cody! We have a rescue poodle that someone literally threw out a moving car window...THANKFULLY my step-mom was behind them and she brought her to us. Sweetest little dog ever.

That is the saddest thing I've ever heard! why do some people bother getting pets??? That's so upseting! My dogs are so special to me and are like my children! The pics with santa is Cody and my Cavalier Lucas. The newer pics are with Milo our beagle. We put Lucas done a year ago and I have not been the same without him. Milo is a rescue as well.... took a long time to socialize him...

Your dog loves you soo much I'm sure!!
  • Allison128
    Options

Thank you for the reply. Your weight loss is inspirational to me - i wanna look like you!!! :) Congratulations to you & your family.

That is the sweetest thing. take your time it will come off. The hardest part is not giving into all the temptations around you. Good luck!
  • LoreleiWalks
    LoreleiWalks Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Well if that isn't the greatest story ever, I don't know what is!! Congrats to you both. You look amazing! And Cody is one lucky and handsome fella! :)
  • fitnoflab
    fitnoflab Posts: 100
    Options
    You just made my morning! What a happy story! Congrats!
  • rochey1098
    Options
    too cute for words
  • bisland
    bisland Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I love this story. Thank you for sharing.
  • jeneanebeggs
    Options
    You and cody look great I am off to the gym now after this inspirational story thanks for sharing.
  • shavonne
    shavonne Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    What a lovely story :) You look great!
  • divergrrl
    divergrrl Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Nice Job Cody!! Way to push your mom and support her!! My oldest (dog) is overwieght because my husband thought -before we started daating- that she needed her own plate of people food too!! He thinks Im mean because I refuse to let them have people food and I only give them a cup of food at a time! But she is losing weight!!
    BTW Codys mom, you look like a young Rachel Ray...very pretty!
  • eventing07
    Options
    This is not silly at all! This is precious! I am so proud of you for taking the steps to not only become more healthy yourself but also for taking the right steps for your dog to be healthy! Great job!! You both look amazing!
  • elyssaxo
    Options
    That's amazing! Good job to all of you!
  • happydaywitty
    happydaywitty Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I love this story so much. Thanks for sharing!!!:flowerforyou:
  • lalalee13
    lalalee13 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    You look darling! So cute. We have a black lab mix we adopted 3 years ago from a shelter- one of 9 puppies- the mom died after giving birth. Love her!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!