when im at home i feel like eating all the time! how do you

Options
2»

Replies

• djfgirl
    Options
    nutritionist i have spoke with and natural path drs. have said you should eat 4 to 6 small meals a day for example: good healthy bfast then in 2 to 3 hours a healthy snack, such as yogurt(which boosts metabolism) or almonds as well do the same then by lunch you should be hungry again i now can hear my body telling me hey feed me i burned my reserves..lolol.. it works so far for me this way..then a sensible dinner that id portion eat only until u feel just ful not stuffed and try not to eat after 6 pm. although not everyone can have the same schedule lives arent cookie cuttered as such..and have heard the drinking water will fill you up..
  • Katies016
    Options
    i have a bowl of some of my favorite berrys in a bowl next to me, and water. you could put crystal light or mio in your water if you want or the new gatorade water to spice it up. :)
  • AndreaDaPrincess
    AndreaDaPrincess Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem, but the morning is the hardest time for me......so I try to eat a good breakfast ( Oats, egg white omlet with a slice of turkey bacon and maybe an orange or banana). Then I eat a fiiling lunch also and then I am usually good for the day into the evening. Its hard though, especially right now because I am off from a recent surgery and I am bored......food is comfort and that usually equals disaster, me being a comfort eater......but I am definately going to use some of the advice I have read on this post. Thanks everyone.
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    Chew gum, color (I found awesome coloring books on Amazon), play with Play-Doh & log in to MFP :)
  • Tdnb00
    Tdnb00 Posts: 7
    Options
    give yourself a set amount of calories for a greater number of smaller meals. keep within your calorie budget. drink decaf coffee/tea or seltzer.
  • Libby81
    Libby81 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I plan my meals ahead as much as possible. I struggle more on weekends though when I'm in the house longer. I recently found a good idea of breakfast burriots, which can be frozen and reheated when needed, these are great for breakfast but also snacks when you need something, and because they've a load of protein in them they're filling too.

I always try to have a lot of fruit available and drink big cups of herbal tea.
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    nutritionist i have spoke with and natural path drs. have said you should eat 4 to 6 small meals a day for example: good healthy bfast then in 2 to 3 hours a healthy snack, such as yogurt(which boosts metabolism) or almonds as well do the same then by lunch you should be hungry again i now can hear my body telling me hey feed me i burned my reserves..lolol.. it works so far for me this way..then a sensible dinner that id portion eat only until u feel just ful not stuffed and try not to eat after 6 pm. although not everyone can have the same schedule lives arent cookie cuttered as such..and have heard the drinking water will fill you up..

Thats right, it works for you... it may not work for others because the advice you received, they gave to you based on your current health situation.
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    Chewing gum helps me if I want to eat out of boredom
  • aekaya
    aekaya Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    eat low calorie foods!
  • casshole
    casshole Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Try drinking some water, or chew some of that desert gum (I cant remember the brand, but the mint chocolate chip gum is amazing!) Tell yourself that you will not eat in front of the TV or computer (easier said than done) to try to nix the mindless eating. And if you are bored, try and find something productive to do. Go out for a walk and be active, that way you burn calories to deserve a few bites! Hope it helps!
  • army_cobra
    army_cobra Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Stay active around the house and drink water lots of water
  • jjblogs
    jjblogs Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Handful of almonds, apples and water help my hunger pains.
  • eashelton53
    eashelton53 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Drink plenty of water, chew gum, and stay active. If you feel like snacking grab a serving of crackers that you like, a bottle of water and go for about a 15 minute walk outside. You shouldnt feel guilty doing this.
  • bulletprooff
    Options
    I just don't have anything in to eat! I buy all my foods for a specific meal, so I have none spare.

This is pretty much the way to go I think. If you can control what you buy or allow yourself to have there will be nothing you can snack on and you can just drink water, chew gum and sleep it off.
  • cHaRlIe0411
    cHaRlIe0411 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I brush my teeth after every meal so I don't get tempted into having too much dessert or snacking. That makes all food taste gross for a while. If I'm too tempted I chew gum too. Right in the middle of meals, I allow myself a snack only if it's a fruit or veggie!
  • djfgirl
    Options
    you can also find zero cal snacks and eat like a mad dog it fools your body into thinking you have fed it but dont lose what you have already worked for..
  • maryjay51
    maryjay51 Posts: 742
    Options
    my downfall used to be sitting in front of the tv so i took the tv out of all the bedrooms and one of the livingrooms..the only tv i have is in my livingroom that i turned in to a gym .. then my next downfall became eating at all these events i have to attend. i no longer eat at any of them unless its a higher end dinner that has more healthier choices .. best thing i can do for myself is keep busy..if i sit at the house im a sitting duck for that fridge lol im at a coffee place right now with coffee and a bottle of water using my laptop .. if i sit at home and work i will be munching because i had such an extremely stressful day . good luck !!! and get out of the house and go do something-- even if its volunteer or visiting someone