Protein - Need more!! What do you eat?

Options
So I don't like beans. Need ideas to get more protein into my diet. I love carbs, but they are not good for my waistline.

What do you do for protein?

Replies

• artadvocate3
    artadvocate3 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I would go with some veggie hot dogs, sausage, or bacon. Boca burgers are low in carbs and high in protein! It may not sound all that appetizing but vegan meats are the bomb! Feel free to check out my food diary for the nutritional info! Good luck!
  • ryno23_1984
    Options
    i could use some ideas, too!
  • celerieaz
    celerieaz Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, lean meats, fish, low-fat diary, chick peas (technically a bean, but when roasted they are delicious!), nuts, flax see, etc.

There are a lot of different ways to incorporate those things into your diet as well! You don't always need to eat yogurt with nuts and berries; use greek yogurt as a sour cream replacement in recipes, or in green smoothies. Or, top things with ground flax seed for a nutty flavor. A lot of great recipes exist with these kinds of ingredients, make use of them :) Good luck.
  • snrodriguez1118
    Options
    Try protein shakes, they have whey, soy, and even egg white protein. I also love all natural peanut butter!