Hey!!

Options
icks90
icks90 Posts: 6 Member
I am looking for new, great ideas to tone up my body. I am in shape, but need to tone up. I would love to meet new people and have more accountibility. Also, if anyone has any tips on how to firm up skin, I have very loose skin, and would like to do something about it, if possible. Willing to learn, and looking forward to meeting everybody!!

Replies

• icks90
    Options
    I am looking for new, great ideas to tone up my body. I am in shape, but need to tone up. I would love to meet new people and have more accountibility. Also, if anyone has any tips on how to firm up skin, I have very loose skin, and would like to do something about it, if possible. Willing to learn, and looking forward to meeting everybody!!
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site! I would suggest, as far as toning is concerned, strength training. It's good for filling in that loose skin, IMO.:flowerforyou:
  • wobblybum
    wobblybum Posts: 21
    Options
    Toning up, -jogging/running, weights, well all forms of excersice really - as for loose skin, i know exactly what you mean -urgh, unfortunately its mostly an age thing - I am 37, 38 in 5 days and i hate it, i've also had 3 kids so i am fairly well stretched, so what with that and then losing weight quite quickly my skin is not very firm any more - I read recently that omega-3 fatty acids are good for the skin texture and improve its elastictiy, found in flax seed oil, walnuts/walnut oil, oily fish and omega-3-rich oil blends and also that vitamin c is crucial for the building of collagen- kiwis are a great source for vit c aswell as the usual citrus fruits, I could go on for ever but hope this bit helps, I tend to google every thing too!!
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Greetings! I would like to encourage you to try bellydance!

It is a total body muscle toning workout, plus you get your cardio at the same time...it is an ancient feminine artform...the health benefits are many, including tightening up loose skin.

Live classes are the ultimate fun...you can also workout at home via DVD.

Best to you,
    Fat Dancer
  • icks90
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Welcome and best of luck to you!