I've lost 30lbs thanks to my family!

Options

Replies

• CheleLynn44
    CheleLynn44 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    This is a great story!! Thanks so much for sharing it with us!! Congrats to you and Cody!!
  • imthemama060811
    imthemama060811 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Such a great story!! Good job to you and Cody!!!
  • timarii
    timarii Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I adore puppy dogs so I just had to tell you how much I loved this story. You did such an amazing thing for Cody, I can tell that he is more than just your "pet" and I admire that and thank you.

You look fabulous, thanks for sharing!
  • Moonbyebye
    Moonbyebye Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    this made my heart melt <3 thanks for sharing. You are a beautiful person, inside and out.
  • tritta01
    tritta01 Posts: 311
    Options
    Nice! very cute! I love chocolate labs.. I have a 1yr one he is a bundle of energy!!
  • Allison128
    Allison128 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    You look darling! So cute. We have a black lab mix we adopted 3 years ago from a shelter- one of 9 puppies- the mom died after giving birth. Love her!

Aww that's so sad. So you had to bottle feed your baby?!?1 I bet that really helped you bond.

thank you for the compliments!
  • Allison128
    Options
    Nice! very cute! I love chocolate labs.. I have a 1yr one he is a bundle of energy!!

a bundle of energy is a good way to put it! Cody is so sweet and bad at the same time. He is very food motivated and looks for food all day!
  • Allison128
    Options
    Nice Job Cody!! Way to push your mom and support her!! My oldest (dog) is overwieght because my husband thought -before we started daating- that she needed her own plate of people food too!! He thinks Im mean because I refuse to let them have people food and I only give them a cup of food at a time! But she is losing weight!!
    BTW Codys mom, you look like a young Rachel Ray...very pretty!

OMG! Thank you! I've geard I look like Rachel Ray before. haha.. peopel will just walk up to me and go "Hey Rachel!" I also have been told I look like Lacey Peterson. She was a beautiful person but that one creeps me out a little...

We do give our dogs people food from time to time but only the good people food. Honestly... one of our biggest tricks to getting Cody to lose weight was to switch out his dog treats. They would get a little milkbone or something evertime they went potty... We switched the dog treats to baby carrots and green beans. Seriously they love them. My beagle scratches at the fridge to remind us he went potty and gets his carrot. They are cold and crisp.. best part they are really cheap.. 2 bags of baby carrots or like 2/$3. They also love raw potatoes. They get raw hides from time to time... but lots of veggies!
  • Allison128
    Options
    Tak you everyone for the sweet compliments. Honestly there is nothing like your upcoming wedding to motivate you. I was skinny all my life until I graduated college and started working nightshift. There is nothing good about night shift. Now my wedding is over I need to find more motivation .... ha!

Good luck and congrats to you all for bettering your body! Just don't give up and remember you didn't gain the weight over night.... you aren't going to lose it over night... grrrr.... I wish we could... slow and steady wins the race!
  • oouurr__aayylleeyycan
    Options
    Aww, how cute is Codie? You've both done brilliantly!

I have a lab too called Olly and similarly he broke his leg when he was 6 months when out on a walk. Fortunately, we had him insured so his operation and subsequent treatment was all covered, albeit for the excess we paid, but it was totally worth it.

All in all, he had to have two emergency operations, which included having to have a screw put in place in his elbow joint (I'm not sure what the doggy name is for an elbow!) to keep it in place. With him being only 6 months, he made a fantastic recovery and when it came to him having the screw removed it was nowhere to be found! Basically, because his bones were still growing they grew around the screw! He's a fantastic dog despite his ordeals though and has no issues with running around and making a mess! He's nearly 4 now (in May) but does suffer with bad arthritis because of it and over the past 6-9 months I've noticed his weight creep up which as you know isn't great for his leg.

You know what they say though - if your dog is starting to get overweight then you probably are too so it's a fitness regime for the both of us to get rid of the junk in our trunks!

x
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    You look beautiful!! So does Cody... (and your hubby- hubba hubba!!)
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Wow this is a great story. Owner and their dog losing weight together. Great job on not only focusing on your health but also that of your pet. I applaud you!!
  • Behipped
    Options
    This has to be one of the best success stories I've read on here. I grew up with a black lab and a chocolate lab, so I have the biggest soft spot for them.

I'm so happy for you and Cody for taking charge of your health! You both look great!
  • josavage
    josavage Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Love, love, love this story! Cody is so lucky to be adopted by you and your husband.
  • ahmpierce1
    ahmpierce1 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    This is the cutest thing I have read in awhile. Thanks for the inspiration :)
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    I think this is my favorite success story ever :) Congrats to you on looking so wonderful, and congrats to Cody for his luck in ending up with such a loving and supportive family!
  • jesscaponigro
    jesscaponigro Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I love your story! It's so great that he was adopted by such wonderful people. You both look fantastic! Keep up the good work.
  • cdnclovr
    cdnclovr Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    What an awesome story! Both of you look wonderful!
  • JMRGrant
    Options
    Congrats to you and Cody! What a wonderful story with amazing pictures. Thanks to you both for making me smile today!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    what a great story!! i love labs!! they are the cutest dogs ever :smile:

congrats to you and cody!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!