alcohol

Hello!

I have a question about alcohol.

Before I started really watching what I eat and exercising I would drink a mixed drink or two a few times a week.

I decided to stop drinking mixed drinks and just try to have a beer at social occasions.

I found that I can not even drink beer anymore. My body almost rejects it. I feel sick and nauseous. I know this is now probably a good thing; that I can not stomach the taste, but has anyone else experienced this since they began to us MFP.

Thanks for the advise!

Replies

• dapst3r
    dapst3r Posts: 20
    I have not experienced it with alcohol, though I cannot drink as much as I used to. :) I have experienced it with sweets, I cannot eat sweets (cake, cookies, etc) the sugar is too much now. I happen to be happy about that!
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Hello!

I have a question about alcohol.

Before I started really watching what I eat and exercising I would drink a mixed drink or two a few times a week.

I decided to stop drinking mixed drinks and just try to have a beer at social occasions.

I found that I can not even drink beer anymore. My body almost rejects it. I feel sick and nauseous. I know this is now probably a good thing; that I can not stomach the taste, but has anyone else experienced this since they began to us MFP.

Thanks for the advise!
    I only drink a glass of vino red every now and then.

I gave up everything else - too many empty calories.
  • devinko
    devinko Posts: 4 Member
    Two things might be happening. One, if you've lost weight, your tolerance to alcohol may have decreased. It will take less to get you inebriated and your body may be metabolizing the alcohol quicker which could contribute to that dizzy feeling. Second, if you've been eating healthy, then, alcohol may come as a shock to your system since it's primarily sugar. In addition, it is a toxic substance which makes it all the more of a shock to your system. Some people experience the same feeling when eating other foods high in sugars like candy, cakes, cookies. When some people diet their bodies can become very sensitive to toxic or unhealthy substances especially if they've been fed a solid diet of healthy food.
  • I never drank before - half a drink and I felt sick. Since then, I've lost over 110 pounds..... I don't really think its that though.... Maybe its age - now that I'm a little older, I love me some mixed drinks!
  • hikeout470
    hikeout470 Posts: 628 Member
    There is such a thing as being allergic to alcohol.
  • Thanks for all the comments. I really appreciate the insight.