5' 8" Whats your goal weight?

Options

Replies

• Starman02
    Starman02 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    My goal is to be 125-135 .. i think anywhere between there would be a good healthy weight for my height. Im at 155 right now!
  • Starman02
    Starman02 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and weigh 162, I just had a baby 3 weeks ago. Goal weight is 140. I've been down to 133 but had to starve and wasn't feeling good below 137. 137-142 is thin and healthy for me.

Congrats on the little one!
    I loved this quote and it really is true.. and helped me when i was feeling down about myself " It took 9 months for your body to make the baby, itll take 9 months for your body to go back "
  • cmoonlight
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and my UGW is about 140 or 135
  • cmoonlight
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and my UGW is about 140 or 135
  • Jadesfattorment
    Options
    I'm '5'8! I want to be 140 or 1350 maybe 145 :)
  • Jadesfattorment
    Options
    I'm '5'8! I want to be 140 or 135 maybe 145 :)
  • Ryan_Marie_
    Ryan_Marie_ Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" probably a little taller, and my goal is 145. I'm not sure if I can get that far down because I have a lot of muscle (I bulk up well) I just have a lot of fat too. So that's my goal, weather my body is capable of that, we will see. I want to look muscular when I loose weight, so I'm more concerned with how my body looks than my weight.
  • mimaduck83
    mimaduck83 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I'm a shade under 5ft 8 and my goal is 161lbs (11.5 stone) which is bang smack in the healthy BMI range for my height. If I can get to 154 lbs (11 stone) even better but I don't want to lose the weight only to stick it back on...hence aiming for 11.5 stone as my goal and maintenance weight. I am currently 182 lbs and I started at 217lbs...just typing that has made me shudder!
  • cunninjd
    Options
    My goal is 125 which was my weight in college. I am about 145 right now but not very muscular so looking to build that and make healthier food choices.
  • Stylistntenn
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and over 200 lbs. So, my beginning goal weight is 165. Hopefully, once I reach that, I can go further.
  • tracy344fl
    Options
    Hi -

I would love to friend everyone on this thread! I am 5' 7.5" inches with a small frame - I think the goal weight depends on your bone structure. It's so great to be on the tall side because I noticed the taller we are, the more even we can carry our weight distribution.

My goal weight is 130 - that is 30 lbs from where I am. That's about a size 7-8 ish? (on me - maybe even a big 6).

The bone structure guide says if you can wrap your fingers around your wrist and

they don't touch, you have a larger bone structure - if they just touch you have a medium bone structure - if they overlap by a whole fingernail you have a small bone structure.

Try it - it may determine your goal weight :) Good luck and keep up the good work!!
  • Carolyn_B
    Carolyn_B Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and weigh 170 now. My goal is to reach 150 which puts me well within the healthy range. Once I reach that, I will reevaluate to see if I need to go a bit lower.

I still have "skinny" clothes in my closet that I want to fit into!
  • TheHerbGarden
    Options
    5' 8" and my target is 140. Then see how I feel from there. :happy:
  • Moonbyebye
    Moonbyebye Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit below 5'8 and I desire to be 125.
  • k900
    k900 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and my goal weight is between 145 and 147.
  • speedycakes
    speedycakes Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 My ultimate goal is 125-130. I have a small frame so more than that and I start to look chubby. I'm at 150 right now. The lowest i have been is 135 Which was nice but i would like to go lower. If i manage to lose 2 pounds a week i can have this off in 12 weeks or by spring.
  • Spayrroe
    Spayrroe Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Wow, don't I feel lazy! lol. I'm about 5' 7"-ish, and my goal weight is around 180. That may change as I get closer to my goal, but for now that seems realistic and healthy to me.
  • gazzajam
    gazzajam Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10 and my goal is 210lb, I know this is a couple of stones over my so called 'ideal weight', but at 12.st 7 I was far too thin. When I get to 210 I'll reassess and take it from there.
  • Nikkiray32
    Options
    I'm 5 foot 5 inches and wiegh 210. My comfort weight is 149 pounds. That is the hightest a doctor would let me go.in the past. At that weight in high school and college I wore a size 8/10 and looked great. No one could ever guess my weight. I was also extremely active. So I have another 56 pounds to go. The MFP says for my height I should be no more than 145 pounds. After having a child and doing the yo-yo diets, I will be happy at 155. I have to take into consideration stomach flesh and thighs as I loose. But, I have to get under 160 pounds.
  • MizzKeisha
    MizzKeisha Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm probibly 5'6 and I weight about 159 and I wanna b 140 or 135 is my goal I've lost 10 pounds so far so hopefully I can keep going :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!