Zumba Fitness 2 for Wii

Options
Think I'm going to go buy Zumba Fitness 2 for Wii today. Any experiences? Is it worth it?

Replies

• 1546mel
    1546mel Posts: 191
    Options
    I love it :) It is a ton of fun. I dream about the music, believe it or not, cause the music ROCKS!
  • lotty1987
    lotty1987 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    i have mixed feelings on it as the calorie counter gives very accurate results however the dancers annoy me a lil but overall i am enjoying it x
  • sherrisloan
    sherrisloan Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy mine.
  • 1stplace_mrsbowman
    Options
    I figure since I can't get to an actual Zumba class, this might be fun! I think I am going to just go ahead and get it. That way my 10-year-old can do it with me!
  • muitobem
    muitobem Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I can tell you that this second one is WAY better than the first one....We do many of the same songs in class.....My classes favorite is "Dance, Dance, Dance"......
  • MummyOfSeven
    MummyOfSeven Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    How easy is it for the 'larger' person to pick up?
    Do you need a lot of room?
  • jodiemomo
    jodiemomo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just finished up my first full class on the game today. I purchased it since I live 30 minutes from civilization and it's something my 5 year olds can "do" with me. I love it so far. The best part is the privacy of it all. Once the hubby leaves for work, I can jiggle my fat rolls all over the house and I don't mind. And, MummyofSeven, I do mine in the living room of a 1200 square foot house and I'm not small.
  • 1546mel
    1546mel Posts: 191
    Options
    I figure since I can't get to an actual Zumba class, this might be fun! I think I am going to just go ahead and get it. That way my 10-year-old can do it with me!

I like it waaaaaay better than Just Dance 3 BTW.
  • MissSpuggz
    MissSpuggz Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Is it easy to pick up? I've looked at the videos but I'm still not sure I can do it. It looks tons of fun and burns a lot of calories but I have two left feet and no coordination at all so feel I'd get frustrated with it if I can't pick up the moves.
  • angie_04
    angie_04 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    well from my experience, i can tell u that it's gr8!! i got it for xmas nd love it...it is better than the first one...i still can't pick up every step, as i've only been doing it for a week...but it is really good:smile:
  • hdb76
    hdb76 Posts: 2
    Options
    I think its great. I am not coordinated at all but it doesn't really matter in your own home. I like it more than the first but am sure I will swop and change the two as I like to vary the music .
    The only thing is I don't know how to add them to my exercise diarys
  • MummyOfSeven
    MummyOfSeven Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    MummyofSeven, I do mine in the living room of a 1200 square foot house and I'm not small.

Me either, lol. My living room is about 12' square. Once you factor in the furniture and toy baskets, I have about 4' square.
  • muitobem
    Options
    I think its great. I am not coordinated at all but it doesn't really matter in your own home. I like it more than the first but am sure I will swop and change the two as I like to vary the music .
    The only thing is I don't know how to add them to my exercise diarys

You have to add it yourself....Type in Zumba and add your calories...and time...
  • muitobem
    Options
    Seriously, I have ladies in my class who tell me that they have "two left feet" and they do an awesome job!! It seriously doesn't take coordination...just MOVE!!

And though you might think this happens, no one actually pays attention to you in Zumba...As a past Zumba 'student' and as an instructor now...I can tell you what they tell me: I pay so much attention to the instructor that I don't worry what someone around me is doing....

And that's true. I know I kept my eyes on the instructor when I was a 'student'..but I did make sure I didn't poke eyes out or kick someone! lol
  • wahmx3
    wahmx3 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I love doing Zumba on the Wii, no worries that you look stupid when you don't know the moves, LOL. Just keep moving and attempt to follow along and you will eventually get the moves. It is much cheaper and easier than going to a class.
  • MrsT_2009
    MrsT_2009 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I just got it yesterday but so far I really like it! I'm lacking in the coordination department, had trouble in an actual zumba class and can never keep up in a step aerobics class but I was able to do this. There is a section to learn all of the steps and I think that really helps. According to the game, I burned 130 calories in 15 minutes. I'm going to wear my HRM next time to see how accurate it is. Hope you like it!
  • mbmorse1011
    mbmorse1011 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I go to zumba classes 2-3 times a week so I was a bit speculative if I would like this or not. It was on sale a week or so ago on Amazon so I picked it up. I got it Thursday and I have played it 2-3 times already for about half hour each time. I LOVE IT. Some of the songs we do in class are on it so it helps because I already know the beat and stuff. Moves are obviously different. Not sure how accurate the calorie counter is but I felt the same way after 20 mins that I feel in class after 20 mins so its probably pretty close.
  • Stewie316
    Stewie316 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Ii love it. It's really fun and the time fles by. I lose an about of 350-450 calories an hour based on my heart rate monitor. The calories on the game is usually pretty close to my monitor.
  • gym1bunny
    Options
    hi i love it i aim to do atleast 5 x 30 min sessions per week as well as my gym work outs etc..... how are you getting on with it ?
  • rbromagen
    Options
    So when you wore the HRM was the Wii acurate? Doing Zumba now, kinda skeptical on calories.