P90X: BRING IT in 2012

Options
Started P90X today and I'm looking for anyone else out there who has started off 2012 with P90X. I am up for starting a support group to help us all get to day 90 and meet our health and fitness goals with the assistance of myfitnesspal. Anyone with me??

Replies

• Jenene88
    Jenene88 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    My husband is gonna start p90x probably tomorrow
  • Scott_P
    Scott_P Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I did Kenpo X today and loved it. One hell of a sweat on.
  • Mike523
    Mike523 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    My wife and I started a round December 26. My second round, her first.

BRING IT!!!
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I'm a week into bringing it. It's f***ing awesome.
  • AlejaR
    AlejaR Posts: 33
    Options
    I'll start tomorrow!
  • FitqueenT
    FitqueenT Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I started Jan 3. I did my first round early last year.

Bring it!!
  • newma1ga
    Options
    Nice! I'm excited to see everyone is bringing it alongside me this year!

Those of you on your second round - did you ever get sick during the 90 days or were you able to make it all the way through? It must have worked since you're back at it again! I've tried it twice and made it 3 weeks and then got really sick (usually a sinus infection or bad cold for two weeks) and had to drop out. Any suggestions on how to avoid this?
  • rider72
    rider72 Posts: 119
    Options
    Nice! I'm excited to see everyone is bringing it alongside me this year!

Those of you on your second round - did you ever get sick during the 90 days or were you able to make it all the way through? It must have worked since you're back at it again! I've tried it twice and made it 3 weeks and then got really sick (usually a sinus infection or bad cold for two weeks) and had to drop out. Any suggestions on how to avoid this?

I've done P90X, Insanity and now starting X2...on those days where Im not feeling great, feeling Ill or dealing with a pulled muscle (or other general injury), I either go light on weights to keep moving, or do a yoga day, or plain rest...but I try to motivate and work out through being sick. I actually find I get throu it (being sick) much faster.

If its a bad cold....wake up, pop the day quill, dry out the sinuses....and go git it!
  • newma1ga
    Options
    Thanks for the advice! It will come in handy if/when I get sick this time around. I'm in my second semester of law school so I'm counting on P90X to be a great stress reliever and also a way to get up and move around after sitting down all day and night.
  • jbtn2006
    Options
    I ordered the program tonight. Hopefully will start next week. Very anxious about the program. I've never done any exercise other than walking (for the most part)...and not much of that. I need to lose weight and get in shape and my uber-healthy husband needs to bulk up. Hoping this is something we can do together. Looking forward to seeing everyone's pictures...including my own. :happy:
  • RicSnyder
    RicSnyder Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Mike523
    Mike523 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I had a cold for about a week during my first round, but it wasn't anything serious and I just worked through it. I suppose if I had anything more serious, like with a fever, I would take a couple of rest days and see how I feel after.
  • kayla1025
    kayla1025 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Im on day 7 of the lean program! Would def like buddies to help motivate through it.
    Does everyone use a heart rate monitor to caculate calories burned during the workouts or how are you categorizing it on MFP?
  • tangal88
    tangal88 Posts: 689
    Options
    I ordered the program tonight. Hopefully will start next week. Very anxious about the program. I've never done any exercise other than walking (for the most part)...and not much of that. I need to lose weight and get in shape and my uber-healthy husband needs to bulk up. Hoping this is something we can do together. Looking forward to seeing everyone's pictures...including my own. :happy:

You can both do it. My husband and I both do. Remember to lift heavy, (once you have your form perfected) even though you are female, and you will find you have some really great results.

Diet is also very important. I also find I must be careful to get enough protein, and not let my cal levels drop to low.

The easiest way to track cal burn is going to be a heart rate monitor.
  • Jenene88
    Jenene88 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I use a heart rate monitor. Just cuz everyone pushes them selves different and everyone is at different points of fitness
  • treatingmybodyright
    treatingmybodyright Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I've had the program for five years now and have done various workouts from P90X with only one effort at completing the program, which isn't cool. SO, I'm officially starting the X this week and would love to have some workout buddies. I've been working out for a while, but I have never focused on lifting weights, so I'm excited to see so many people who are giving it their full effort too!
  • Mskrroberts
    Options
    I started this morning. Has anyone figured out the amount of calories burned with each workout or know where I can go get the info? Thanks in advance.
  • AlejaR
    Options
    I was thinking about the same thing. Thanks for asking. I don't have a monitor and want to start now, but don't know how to enter it in MFP.
  • AlejaR
    Options
    I was thinking about the same thing. Thanks for asking. I don't have a monitor and want to start now, but don't know how to enter it in MFP.
    Im on day 7 of the lean program! Would def like buddies to help motivate through it.
    Does everyone use a heart rate monitor to caculate calories burned during the workouts or how are you categorizing it on MFP?
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    I'm starting P90X today...first time, a little nervous and excited :)