49lbs and I really don't see it!

Options
I am so annoyed. I can't be the only person who loses a lot of weight and just doesn't look much different? You would think that being only 5'3" I would really notice 49lbs but I just look the same! I started in size 20 pants and am now in 14's, but I still look almost exactly the same!

The before pics were at my heaviest, 224lbs, the new pic is today at 175lbs.

175-1.jpg027-3.jpg

Replies

• runjill
    runjill Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I can tell! Keep it up. We are always harder on ourselves. I feel the same way when I am doing this that I can't tell. Sometimes you just need to get a different style of clothes.
  • cheri0627
    cheri0627 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry that you don't see a difference. I can see a huge difference! You look great!

p.s. I love your haircut. It's really attractive on you.
  • Charismalou
    Options
    I can sooo see a difference. I think it's the clothes and the pose in the before picture that makes it harder to see, but I can def. see it! Keep up the good work!
  • serentity78
    serentity78 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    there is a huge difference and awesome JOB! We are always harder on ourself than others but you look great!!!
  • caitie88
    Options
    There is for sure a difference... great job! It took me awhile to notice it on myself. It wasn't until my jeans fell off while running after my dog that I noticed :wink:
  • NewCyn
    NewCyn Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I see it!!! Your butt and midsection is smaller. The first pic you have a pull over on. It hides the real body. Your second pic you are wearing a cute fitted top. I can definately see it. and WOW you are down several pants sizes! Do not get discouraged your hard work is paying off, you look GREAT!
  • skmolove
    skmolove Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    You look amazingly different. I can tell you lost. don't get discouraged. You're doing great! :) i like the hair cut too!
  • Anayalata
    Anayalata Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Slimmer face (cheeks, double chin gone, etc.), slimmer thighs, smaller belly.

It takes a while for the fat reserves to go away but once you get past that, the changes become quite dramatic.

(I see a pretty big difference anyway)
  • HEATHERB500
    HEATHERB500 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I can definately tell in your bottom, waist, and legs. I agree with other poster too I love the haircut. Keep up the great work!
  • MichinMI
    MichinMI Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You are experiencing what I refer to as "perception deception." If you have the old clothes, put them on or hold them up in front of you and have someone take a before (holding them up) and after (dropping them on the floor). Continued success to you.
  • TheBooBooStew
    TheBooBooStew Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I can tell! You look amazing!!
  • cloud2011
    cloud2011 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I can see it. You look fantastic. You look like you've been taking great care of yourself. Maybe you need to make a little photo scrapbook of yourself to see the difference.

Or, maybe you're still telling yourself negative things and you need to start "talking nice" to yourself. In any case, great job! Enjoy!
  • cloud2011
    cloud2011 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    My goodness, I just looked at your profile... you are amazing, to overcome so many health challenges! I really admire your effort and the results, too!
  • EmmieSu
    EmmieSu Posts: 136
    Options
    You look amazing! You are an inspiration to me! You remind me alot of my Mom. She recently passed away after fighting lung disease for 26 yrs. She had asthma, auto-immune disorders, diabetes and survived breast cancer 3x. When they diagnosised her with diabetes she lost 85 lbs, just following the diabetic diet. Her asthma kept her from exercising. She was a fighter, and so are you! You've done an amazing job losing weight with your health. It took my Mom months to see her newer skinner body.
  • jlr05m
    jlr05m Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I see the difference. Others around you will notice before you do. Don't be discouraged you are doing fantastic. :flowerforyou:
  • nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    How can you not see it? It's amazing! Keep up the good work!
  • SamBuck123
    Options
    your joking!! i can totally see a diff maybe your confidence just hasnt caught up yet ya know? you look awesome!! keep it up
  • Kateinprogress
    Options
    Have you ever heard of paper towel theory? Google it for the whole story!
    Basically the heavier you are to start out with the less you can see weight lost (because it's a smaller percentage of your overall weight). As you get smaller each pound becomes a larger percentage and you can see it more. I couldn't see any change after my first 10 pounds but now I can see every pound. It sounds like you're doing great so far, just keep it up and you'll get there! :)
  • ogosun
    ogosun Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    actually i see no difference.... i think the paper towel theory is correct.
  • baycat107
    baycat107 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else. I can see the difference! And my gosh....size 20 to size 14, that should tell you something. Pull out those old size 20 pants and you'll be able to see the difference! You're doing great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!