Im on 1200 calories a day, and Im NOT STARVING!!!

Options
Mcgrawhaha
Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
Ok, so, I have been making these awesome salads this week since I have been back to myfitnesspal... I chop up and entire chunk of romaine lettuce, add in some fresh spinach, cut up some raw onion, peel a cucumber and add it in, add in some pomagranite seeds, and chop up some red, orange and yellow peppers... I use extra virgin olive oil and red wine vinagar for the dressing (more vinigar than oil!). This makes a enormous salad that lasts me throughout the day to eat with both my lunch and my dinner and as snacks. The entire salad is 300 calories, and im adding to my small 200 calorie lean cuisine meals, and also eating during the day when i need a snack... Seriously, it is so good, and so filling!!! If I had to measure the amount of the entire 300 calorie salad, I would say its about 8 cups... its alot!!! It helps keep me feeling full with very little calorie and fat intake! I season with a small amount of salt and pepper... Ive been actually falling short of 1200 calories per day, ending up right around 1000 calories because im actually full at the end of the day...

another thing i snack on is peeled chop cucumber with tapatio on top, lime juice and salt and pepper... mmmmmmmm

Replies

• firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    yum. That sounds great!
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Options
    oh it is! its so good, and you feel good after you eat it because you know your stuffed on nothing but fresh raw veggies... its a great add in for small meals to keep you from feeling hungry!!!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,527 Member
    Options
    Ok, so, I have been making these awesome salads this week since I have been back to myfitnesspal... I chop up and entire chunk of romaine lettuce, add in some fresh spinach, cut up some raw onion, peel a cucumber and add it in, add in some pomagranite seeds, and chop up some red, orange and yellow peppers... I use extra virgin olive oil and red wine vinagar for the dressing (more vinigar than oil!). This makes a enormous salad that lasts me throughout the day to eat with both my lunch and my dinner and as snacks. The entire salad is 300 calories, and im adding to my small 200 calorie lean cuisine meals, and also eating during the day when i need a snack... Seriously, it is so good, and so filling!!! If I had to measure the amount of the entire 300 calorie salad, I would say its about 8 cups... its alot!!! It helps keep me feeling full with very little calorie and fat intake! I season with a small amount of salt and pepper... Ive been actually falling short of 1200 calories per day, ending up right around 1000 calories because im actually full at the end of the day...

another thing i snack on is peeled chop cucumber with tapatio on top, lime juice and salt and pepper... mmmmmmmm
    Eating less than what you're supposed to will give temporary weight loss, but a stall will come on fast. Also, unless you're exercise is pretty intense, the chance of muscle loss is inevitable and will only lower your RMR making it harder to lose FAT.
    Probably should be eating more than 1200 calories.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • colondeb
    Options
    Your salad is awesome however I'd stay away from the lean cuisines. I know they are super convenient but they are loaded with sodium and most have preservatives that just really negatively affect your weight loss. Staying away from processed foods is key to losing weight. Something I looked into when losing weight was "the eating clean diet". I don't really use it as a diet, more as a lifestyle but it has changed my life. Just a suggestion! Good luck with your weight loss ! :)
  • taramaureen
    taramaureen Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Your salad is awesome however I'd stay away from the lean cuisines. I know they are super convenient but they are loaded with sodium and most have preservatives that just really negatively affect your weight loss. Staying away from processed foods is key to losing weight. Something I looked into when losing weight was "the eating clean diet". I don't really use it as a diet, more as a lifestyle but it has changed my life. Just a suggestion! Good luck with your weight loss ! :)

Calories in, calories out. Back when I could eat stuff like that, lean cuisines helped me a lot to stay on calorie goal, especially when I was working. Must have been doing something right since I lost 80lbs LOL.

OP: Your salad sounds awesome! But not something I could do on a regular. I get sick of salad, have to mix it up!
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Options
    well, when i come up under 1200 calories a day, a usually have a protein shake or an instant breakfast. im so full from salad that eating more isnt even a thought. i dont exercise, i sit on the computer all day long doing my homework, so im not burning much of anything additional through exercise. i eat a lot of fresh raw veggies and fruit, however, the 2 lean cuisine meals i eat each day are really all i have time for. i have 5 kids, im a full time college student, i have a husband to take care of, 3 dogs, 2 cats... i dont have much time for myself. thats my problem, thats why i gained this weight, i dont "over eat" i just eat really, really bad!!! i run to del taco and get a 1500 calorie macho bacon and egg burrito, or a whopper from burger king... cause its fast! so, i just cant really do this right now without the box food, as for my vitals in regards to sodium and what not, blood pressure and cholesterol are actually very good, i was quite surprised myself to see such good numbers... fresh cooked meals just wouldnt work for me. as for the 1200 calories a day, im full, im not hungry, and im getting in a lot of the nutrients I need. My BMR is 1800 calories, so thats only a 600 calorie deficit with no exercise... In fact, I seem to feel better now, than when I was taking in about 3000 calories of burritos and animal style fries during the day.
  • KokomoJoe
    KokomoJoe Posts: 435
    Options
    Chop up some avocado (god's butter) and add some more veggies. A little tomato some cucumber. Rainbow. Lean cuisine and other processed foods are not good. But congrats on cutting back on the food intake, I would up the exercise and the calories.
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Options
    well, i dont really like avacado, and i do add in tomatoe and cucumber... the lean cuisines have to stay, just no time to cook healthy meals throughout the day. 1200 calories seems to be sustaining me just fine. 3 years ago i did the same diet plan im on now through the advise of my doctor, and i lost about 40 pounds in about 3-4 months. THEN I QUIT SMOKING!!! and thats when all hell broke loose... lol
  • yuckidah
    yuckidah Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Well, you sound a bit like me (& I'd like to lose around 60lbs too :o)
    I eat around 900-1000 cal p/d, don't exercise (although I have a bike coming any day so intend to start - finally, lol), and aren't left feeling hungry 99% of the time.
    We need to up our intake (I've just read a really interesting link, about people like us, in a different thread) otherwise our bodies will remain in this starvation mode forever and we'll never see decent results.
    I think we should at least try - even if we can just up it by 100 :o)