help super confused

alligator1970
alligator1970 Posts: 52
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
Okay so I have an issue. I am ideally at a good weight for my height (144 at 5ft 7in) however I really wanted to get down to abotu 135-138. I weighed 160 at Christmas time and have lost down to 144 (good right?) but now I am at a staddn still. I hade gotten to 145 and stayed forever. I started on here and put in my stats and my goal and when I would likr to meet it. It told me to eat 1340 everyday and do my 30 minutes of daily excercises and I could lose. The first week I lost to 143 and thoguht WOW this is working. But then I went back up to 144 and have stayed there. This is my question. do I have to eat all my calories, including my excersies ones I earn back. The reason I ask is I have been doing this but truly I rarely can eat all that. I am not a big eater and also do I have to make sure I eat compeletely healthy all day. Usually I have an egg (poached) for breafast with coffee and then usually a pretty good lunch, like fish, salad, but it is all brought in by drug reps. Mostly we ask for hot foods like from Strossners, Ruby Tuesday;s etc. but I try to eat the healthiest thing they bring but then at night sometimes I don't do so well but I am always staying wihtin my calories, fat etc...so waaht gives. Am I jsut at a weight I will never loss anymore at. I am pretty happy with my weight but still have belly fat I assume from when I had my kids and that is the main reason I am still trying to loss some. I want that gone. All this week i have jogged in place (using the Wii) for 30 minutes (4.3 miles) and most nights have done some other excercises. Is my diet holding me back. Do you have to give up foods you love even if you are staying at your calories etc? help?

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,166 Member
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

if what you are doing isn't working then you might want to try doing something different

here are some possibilities

*change what you eat (e.g. stop eating restaurant food, stop caffeine, mix carbs and protein at breakfast)

*read all the posts on MFP about plateaus, clean eating, etc.

*try not eating your exercise calories

*try eating only 1200 calories with no "empty calories" at all

Whatever you, don't ever give up :bigsmile:
  • Thanks. I did just find all that information that Banks wrote. will review
  • kimss
    kimss Posts: 1,146
    I have been on a platuea for 8 weeks and I finally broke it. I lowered to 1200 cal, changed my carbs to a max of 150, fat to around 30 and protien up to around 90g, a day. my trainer said this would help. it did. I lost 2 lbs this week. I am hoping to reach my goal too. I also am doing longer cardio work outs. I noticed you said you were jogging with the WII for 30 min. (4.3 mil.) that is not right. you would have to be at a steady, hard, run to do 4.3miles in 30 min. your numbers are wrong, so you might be giving yourself extra calories. the WII is not calculating properly. try getting a HRM to be sure of your cal.s burned. keep trying. make some changes and you'll do fine. good luck.
  • Congratulations on your weight loss!
    I may be able to provide some help for you. I noticed you had mentioned that you have your cup of coffee each day and I know that coffee elevates Cortisol. cortisol stores body fat. This may be your problem. It sounds as if you have been doing really well with working out and maybe you have reached your plateau. Try switching up your excercises.

Also, PACK YOUR OWN LUNCH! You need to pay special attention to all of the ingredients of the things you're ingesting. Even though the restaurants are easy and delicious they typically load on the dressings and your caloric intake in one meal would possibly exceed your daily intake. Stay away from lunchmeats, bread, white rice and juice. I dont think this will hurt you on occasion. Juice is loaded with carbohydrates and there is no protein.

Hope this helps! my email is Simplyamanda09@yahoo.com
This discussion has been closed.