"I CAN MAKE YOU THIN" by Paul McKenna

Options
Last week Sunday TLC had the first of 6 weeks of a weight loss program by Paul McKenna called "I can make you thin". I watched this and decided that he made sense. This motivated me to start working on my weight again.

Last weeks program said:
1.Eat whenever you are hungry
2.Eat only what you want, never what you think you ‘should’
3.Eat consciously and enjoy every mouthful (Put your fork & knife down between bites - chew each bite 20 timesand savor it, no eating in front of the TV or other distractions.)
4.Stop when you even think your body is full

#3 is really working for me.....I only ate half of what I usually do, because I felt I was full. I enjoyed my food and really tasted it. Have you ever gone to take another bite of a sandwich or whatever and it was all gone, but you don't remember eating it? I have and I think taking my time, enjoying what I eat and eating slowly enough to feel full will help me to lose weight.

Next Sunday the program deals with emotional eating.

Hopefully this program can motivate some of you and help you to lose.

Replies

• SuniBC
    SuniBC Posts: 92
    Options
    Last week Sunday TLC had the first of 6 weeks of a weight loss program by Paul McKenna called "I can make you thin". I watched this and decided that he made sense. This motivated me to start working on my weight again.

Last weeks program said:
    1.Eat whenever you are hungry
    2.Eat only what you want, never what you think you ‘should’
    3.Eat consciously and enjoy every mouthful (Put your fork & knife down between bites - chew each bite 20 timesand savor it, no eating in front of the TV or other distractions.)
    4.Stop when you even think your body is full

#3 is really working for me.....I only ate half of what I usually do, because I felt I was full. I enjoyed my food and really tasted it. Have you ever gone to take another bite of a sandwich or whatever and it was all gone, but you don't remember eating it? I have and I think taking my time, enjoying what I eat and eating slowly enough to feel full will help me to lose weight.

Next Sunday the program deals with emotional eating.

Hopefully this program can motivate some of you and help you to lose.
  • xmimikinsx
    xmimikinsx Posts: 191
    Options
    Interesting...I sometimes eat at lunchtime because it's lunchtime not because I'm hungry!
  • keepontrying74
    Options
    I saw this too - I even went to the website to read more about it. I am planning on watching the series.

I agree - rule #3 definitely works - I tried it at dinner last night and definitely felt fuller on a smaller amount of food than I normally would. I tried to get my nine year old son to do the same as he probably learned to shovel his food in from me. And yes, I have definitely gone to take a bite of food I had already finished off!

I am still trying to resolve the "eat what you want" rule with what's healthy for me, because honestly I would sometimes exist on pastries and baked goods - I think I may be addicted to refined sugar and I'm trying to deal with that. So I can't imagine delving into a muffin whenever I feel hungry, no matter how slowly I chew it.....:noway:

I am looking forward to the next show on emotional eating, because that is a big hurdle for me - even when I am conscious of it I find it hard to control.

:bigsmile:
  • bittersweet22
    bittersweet22 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I saw the show as well, and I really enjoyed it.
  • cutienikkiilynn
    Options
    MAN i do that too i sometimes eat when im bored and then after i hate myself for it lol.
  • SuniBC
    SuniBC Posts: 92
    Options
    Don't forget to watch his program on emotional eating this Sunday.
  • Erica92627
    Erica92627 Posts: 576
    Options
    Interesting...I sometimes eat at lunchtime because it's lunchtime not because I'm hungry!

I think most people are like that. If you are going to skip a meal, would lunch be the best one to skip? Saying that you ate a breakfast of course.
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    I would think dinner would be the one to skip. I know that with a long afternoon..or just trying to stay at the top of my game, I need lunch. And, by the end of the day, if you skip lunch, sometimes later in the evening, you're body is like "whoa, I'm starving" and then you eat more, and more unhealthy food choices.