30 day shred!!!!!! results

Options
So I've been doing the Jillian Michael 30 day shred for 30 days... now.... I didn't do it all 30 days in fact I didn't do it as much as I should have. :blushing: I'm still on level 2 (I'm going to keep going with this work out) BUT... I have seen results.

I have lost 4 pounds and more importantly...
1 inch in my waist , 2 INCHES in my hips (totally blown away by that one... thats one of my main trouble spots. I used to have NO hips then I had 2 babies and now have enough hips to go around haha) and .6 inches off my thighs (well that just in one thigh so really double that i guess) Had to throw in the .6 inches cause my thighs are also something I can't ever get rid of. haha.

But for those of you who are thinking about doing 30 day shred I would def. recommend it. You will actually probably have much better results than me if 1) you have more weight to lose (I'm only 2 pounds from my goal weight) 2) You actually do it as much as you are supposed to. lol

hope this helps anyone out there considering it. GO FOR IT what do you have to lose???

Replies

• Mom_To_5
    Mom_To_5 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I have 30 day shrd but hve only done it like twice i think...lol...i am just not motivated to do workouts at home ecept my treadmill which i do everyday. I think he main reason i dn't do dvd workouts at home is i don't think i will get the results i'm looking for, BUT now after reading your post ithink i might just have to start doing this one.

I am also almost at my goal weight and still not 100% happy with how i look, really need to tone, loving how i feel though in my clothes now, just woould like to make things look a little better.

How often have you been doing it and how long do you stay on each level? Think i'm going to start it again today!!
  • shanwow16
    shanwow16 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking I need to start doing mine again, I've been sitting steady at the same weight since beginning of April :grumble:
    I was never really sure if it was the dvd or just a combo of everything - now that summer is here I find myself falling off the wagon. I've been so diligent all winter long, but there are so many distractions now when the weather is nice, bbq's to go to, ice cream on sale, etc. Luckily I haven't gained anything, but time to pull up those socks and get to it!:tongue:
  • wmcnicol
    wmcnicol Posts: 144
    Options
    I have 30 day shrd but hve only done it like twice i think...lol...i am just not motivated to do workouts at home ecept my treadmill which i do everyday. I think he main reason i dn't do dvd workouts at home is i don't think i will get the results i'm looking for, BUT now after reading your post ithink i might just have to start doing this one.

I am also almost at my goal weight and still not 100% happy with how i look, really need to tone, loving how i feel though in my clothes now, just woould like to make things look a little better.

How often have you been doing it and how long do you stay on each level? Think i'm going to start it again today!!

I've never been to a gym and I've lost 26 pounds. I think I get a better work out doing work out videos verses working on gym equipment (my grandma has some total body gym thing or whatever that i've tried) cause they tell you exactly what to do. Plus I get to do it whenever I want and don't have to leave the house to do it. lol

For the first 2 weeks I was only doing it like 2 times a week. :blushing: now i'm doing it 4 or 5 times a week I only did level 1 a few times. I've been doing work out dvd's for a while now and after a few times of doing level one it didn't seem hard enough but wow... I have been doing level 2 for 2 weeks now and I am ALMOST able to make it all the way through with out stopping and taking a few breaks during the weights part.

I hear you about being close to your goal but not happy with where you are. I'm at 122 right now. I wanna get to 120 but I really don't wanna go much lower than that BUT I still have unwanted weight around the mid section. I'm only 5'4 and hold most of my weight in my stomach area.

If you don't already have to DVD's you can go here
    http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xbabiboopx&view=videos
    and do them for free on youtube thats what I do. lol :) good luck!!!
  • wmcnicol
    Options
    I'm thinking I need to start doing mine again, I've been sitting steady at the same weight since beginning of April :grumble:
    I was never really sure if it was the dvd or just a combo of everything - now that summer is here I find myself falling off the wagon. I've been so diligent all winter long, but there are so many distractions now when the weather is nice, bbq's to go to, ice cream on sale, etc. Luckily I haven't gained anything, but time to pull up those socks and get to it!:tongue:

I know how ya feel!! I'm not doing anything different now that I'm doing the 30 day shred in fact I replaced my usual work out with the 30 day shred. (I was at a stand still with the work out I was doing) I still walk every other day but I haven't changed anything and have seen results. and like I said.. whats it gonna hurt to try??? lol
  • demezat
    demezat Posts: 158
    Options
    I'm on day 5 of the shred now...its rough, even level one...I hate Jillian, I swear! LOL But I do feel stronger, no doubt! I am excited to see how I've done after the 30 days...I'm going to push myself to do it everyday...wish me luck! :flowerforyou:
  • wmcnicol
    Options
    I'm on day 5 of the shred now...its rough, even level one...I hate Jillian, I swear! LOL But I do feel stronger, no doubt! I am excited to see how I've done after the 30 days...I'm going to push myself to do it everyday...wish me luck! :flowerforyou:

I bet if you do it everyday you'll have amazing results. Yeah anything with Jillian in it is HARD!!! She really knows how to push you!!!! Keep us updated on how you do. Did you measure yourself before you started???
  • Nellie1drfl
    Nellie1drfl Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I ordered Shred today! Thanks, I cant wait to get it!
  • BeesBella
    BeesBella Posts: 24
    Options
    I just got it and done level 1, OMG ! I am sweating so much !
    Any ideas how many calories are burnt per level, I think i read somewhere it's about 215cal for level 1, is that right !

Congrats on you loss of inches btw !
  • wmcnicol
    Options
    I just got it and done level 1, OMG ! I am sweating so much !
    Any ideas how many calories are burnt per level, I think i read somewhere it's about 215cal for level 1, is that right !

Congrats on you loss of inches btw !

I don't really remember how many calories I was burning with level 1 I know i'm burning about 275 with level 2. sorry I should have written that stuff down lol.
  • sarahiris
    sarahiris Posts: 82
    Options
    can i ask where did you get the 30 day shread, and how much does it cost, im from the uk and alot of people on here talk about it and their success with it, how long is each work out and can you do level 1 for 30 days ?:smile:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Way to go. I have been thinking about trying this but not sure about it.
  • Mizzbehaven
    Mizzbehaven Posts: 12
    Options
    WOW! I did level 1 this morning. It was a great workout. Does anyone know how to enter it in the exercise tracker?
  • JMAMA
    JMAMA Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    wmcnicol, you have inspired me to get my shred video out! I too have had great results with the shred, and i need to firm up before summer!!!
  • beckythebunny122
    beckythebunny122 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I have Comcast Cable here in the U.S. and level 1 and 2 are free through On Demand - Exercise TV. The website is www.exercisetv.tv and I think you can see it there as well. You can also purchase it on Amazon, but I don't know if there is a version for U.K. players

211031.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • skroder
    skroder Posts: 4
    Options
    It's great that everyone is getting such good results from the 30 day shred! I started it about 2 months ago and must admit I made it to level 3 but didn't do it as often as I was supposed to! I was then talking to a friend at work who was doing the same and she said that she was doing the shred 3 days a week and then Jillian's DVD "Banish Fat Boost Metabolism" twice as well. She lost almost 18 pounds since Christmas so I gave that a try and it's just crazy!! But in a good way, so if you're looking to add a bit more cardio but build endurance on most of the moves from the Shred, this might be an option to mix it up a bit right before summer!
  • wmcnicol
    Options
    can i ask where did you get the 30 day shred, and how much does it cost, im from the uk and alot of people on here talk about it and their success with it, how long is each work out and can you do level 1 for 30 days ?:smile:

you can watch it on youtube that's what I do.. heres the link

http://www.youtube.com/user/xbabiboopx

thats got the 30 day shred along with some other work out videos.

The work outs are like 27 minutes long (that includes the warm up and cool down part) and ya know if you wanna do level 1 all 30 days I'm not gonna stop ya haha. cause level 1 is pretty hard too!!!
  • wmcnicol
    Options
    wmcnicol, you have inspired me to get my shred video out! I too have had great results with the shred, and i need to firm up before summer!!!

awesome!!! I love the work out. kind of repetitive but if it gets the job done I don't care how boring it is hahaha.
  • MimerT
    MimerT Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work!
  • wmcnicol
    Options
    It's great that everyone is getting such good results from the 30 day shred! I started it about 2 months ago and must admit I made it to level 3 but didn't do it as often as I was supposed to! I was then talking to a friend at work who was doing the same and she said that she was doing the shred 3 days a week and then Jillian's DVD "Banish Fat Boost Metabolism" twice as well. She lost almost 18 pounds since Christmas so I gave that a try and it's just crazy!! But in a good way, so if you're looking to add a bit more cardio but build endurance on most of the moves from the Shred, this might be an option to mix it up a bit right before summer!

That Banish Fat Boost Metabolism work out is serious. lol That thing will kill you. I got through the whole thing but that was with a lot of breaks. She ain't playing around. lol I've only done it once But I wanna add it to my work outs cause... it def. works you out haha
  • wmcnicol
    Options
    Way to go. I have been thinking about trying this but not sure about it.

hey what is it going to hurt to try it???? Give it a try if you like it keep doing it. If ya don't then don't!!!! But I def. suggest it. Its pretty kick butt. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!